B20 Diesel - 20% biodiesel

naboo

I read in the other newspaper that the price of diesel will be subsidised by the fuel fund to keep it under 30B/litre.

The article mentions B20 Biodiesel will be/is available. B20 is blended with 20% methyl ester or crude palm oil, though B7 is still available at petrol stations. B20 will be roughly 3B/litre cheaper than B7. This brings a few questions I don't know the answers to.

The article doesn't make it clear whether B20 will be available at retail pumps, just that it will be the alternative fuel for transport and logistics systems. Will B20 be available for retail to the general public?

Does B20 have any long term effects on the engine? My research suggests more frequent changes of fuel filter.

Will the B7 be pegged at 30B/litre, or the B20? If so, will the B20 remain 3B/litre cheaper?

If the B20 is pegged at 30B/litre, will the price of B7 float freely?

I don't know if the answers are all available yet, but as and when we find out the answers it would be good if people could share them here.

3 minutes ago, naboo said:

Is that it? Nobody has an opinion on the Diesel equivalent of E20?

E20 is petrol I use it because it's 98 octane, as for diesel it doesn't matter whether there's more ethanol some have a petrol additive so what's the matter if it has ethanol, it will have a higher octane rating.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:11 AM, Kwasaki said:

I just use PTT diesel whatever the price is or whatever diesel it is..

You know who owns a lot of PTT ... my wife won't buy from there on principle unless the option is walking ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAS21 said:

You know who owns a lot of PTT ... my wife won't buy from there on principle unless the option is walking ...

I don't know who share holders are please enlighten me.

My wife likes the Washroom/toilet/bathroom whatever at PTT garages and I have to agree.

Never had a problem with fuel or price at PTT's.

11 hours ago, naboo said:

Still not found this B20. Anyone had any luck?

This is the only info I can find as to none in garages.

"In Thailand, the government is calling on consumers to look towards using B20 as a way to combat higher fossil diesel prices that have increased significantly over the past few months, reflecting higher global oil prices. B20 is offered at a 9 cent discount to fossil diesel at the pump that is blended with just 7% bio-diesel. The blend is expected to rise later in the year to 10%. There have been some complaints, however, that B20 is only available to buses and trucks rather than to the public at large."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Same here, won't use the local ones.

Price gouging mafia. Run all the small operators out of town.

However, on the occasional long motorway trips, they are our go-to service station - clean bogs and a 7-11 selling cheese & ham toasties....

• Haha 1

It's another rort, just like ethanol. Biodiesel contributes to environmental degradation the same way ethanol derived from sugar cane does. Mono-culture, cost of fertiliser and pesticides, runoff, conversion costs - these fuels are simply not competitive with fossil fuels unless production is subsidised.

The common expression is "Robbing Peter to pay Paul".

3 hours ago, Notagain said:

Really ???

Must be Thaksin,.a Guess.., but my Mrs changed AIS to Dtac and wont use anything that feeds his clan, Amazons in PTT Stations, i like that Green Tea, but she wont go in so i get fed that muck from 7 on long runs.. Can you tell from exhaust smell a trucks using  Ethanol.?. My car stinks like Paint Stripper on E85.?. im a Non Smoker, but have had those Hand Wafting Anti clowns waft it.

52 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Why not only losers n cheaters like him.

I just filled up my CRF at PTT with E20 velly velly good who cares who owns em.

Maybe PTT will be the first to sell B20 diesel.

I just use PTT because I want to, those who won't fine it would not even be a drip in a bucket let alone a splash.

19 hours ago, Notagain said:

The word obtuse comes to mind here.

Waste of time me looking at the top ten shareholders I'm not finance expert but looks like the right people have got the majority controlling shares 51% +.

So l'll ask again whose supposed to be the bad egg. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Waste of time me looking at the top ten shareholders I'm not finance expert but looks like the right people have got the majority controlling shares 51% +.

So l'll ask again whose supposed to be the bad egg. 

???? In the past maybe a chauffeur, a maid, or gardener ...who knows .............. and the irony is that Mrs J holds both PTT and PTTEP shares but won't buy their petrol unless it's a case of that or walking ........................

6 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

???? In the past maybe a chauffeur, a maid, or gardener ...who knows .............. and the irony is that Mrs J holds both PTT and PTTEP shares but won't buy their petrol unless it's a case of that or walking ........................

Div yield stable over last 5 years.

• Like 1

Did a nut cut yesterday and today's price is 2.60 Baht a kilo. In August 2016 the price was 6.5 Baht.

15 years ago, one of Thaksin's stated aims for Thailand, was to have ALL diesel sold in Thailand, to have 15% oil palm by 2021.

This government has not helped the Thai palm farmers by importing millions of tonnes of oil from Malaysia.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Did a nut cut yesterday and today's price is 2.60 Baht a kilo. In August 2016 the price was 6.5 Baht.

15 years ago, one of Thaksin's stated aims for Thailand, was to have ALL diesel sold in Thailand, to have 15% oil palm by 2021.

This government has not helped the Thai palm farmers by importing millions of tonnes of oil from Malaysia.

Jeez i thought you refered to a Vasectomy. Work Permit handy i hope.

• Like 1