what sum total is required for a retirement visa?

I would like to know all of what is required in order to get a retirement visa. I have so far:

1. have been granted a non imm O visa

2. 50 years or older

3. evidence of 65,000 baht (fluid income) per month or on filing date 800,000 in Thai bank for 3 months.

Will a printed off paper bank statement showing income suffice?

4. Paper from Residence form filled out with particulars and included photocopy of village heads ID and signature signifying these things are true.

5. health permit obtained from hospital (on special form paper?)

6. Criminal record- Go to police station? Bring proper form?

7. Marriage certificate-notarized? and proof its all real signed  and sealed form from US consulates office. 

8. 1 or 2 copies of every page in the passport that is used (esp previous visas to the Kingdom).

9. Other ????

Thanks

Regarding income or bank balance.  A notarized letter from your embassy is used to support income declaration.  Check with your embassy as to what they require to issue the income letter as all are not the same.  For bank balance certification the banks will issue a letter in Thai stating the balance on a specific date and you should also have copies of your bank book/statements covering the previous 3 months.  Balance cannot dip below the required level during this period.

Need copy of the white arrival card (TM 6) in addition to the passport stamps. 

In Jomtien I have used copies of my drivers license for the address portion of the paperwork the last couple of years and it has been accepted. 

It all depends which immigration office you go to for your extension on the grounds of retirement.

My local office don’t need 4,5,6,7 and only copy of passport photopage from your list

This year my local office also wanted a google map of where i live as well as the google gps coordinates.

Edited by krabi local
Speeling !

Criminal record is from your home passport country and wherever you stayed long term prior to coming to Thailand.

It's not the criminal record in Thailand because you're just a tourist before this.

If you did any criminal activities as a tourist, it will show in your passport that you have been banned for x years.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Criminal record is from your home passport country and wherever you stayed long term prior to coming to Thailand.

As said it is not needed to apply for an extension of stay here. Only needed to apply for a OA visa in your home country or country of legal residence,

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As said it is not needed to apply for an extension of stay here. Only needed to apply for a OA visa in your home country or country of legal residence,

If you want to change OA visa into retirement visa after 3 months, you still need the criminal record letter.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, hwaetu Go said:

1. have been granted a non imm O visa

2. 50 years or older

3. evidence of 65,000 baht (fluid income) per month or on filing date 800,000 in Thai bank for 3 months.

4. Paper from Residence form filled out with particulars and included photocopy of village heads ID and signature signifying these things are true.

5. health permit obtained from hospital (on special form paper?)

6. Criminal record- Go to police station? Bring proper form?

7. Marriage certificate-notarized? and proof its all real signed  and sealed form from US consulates office. 

8. 1 or 2 copies of every page in the passport that is used (esp previous visas to the Kingdom).

9. Other ????

You would be applying for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement.

3. Only one of the two is required if you can meet either of the two.

The 65k baht income would be proved by a letter from your embassy.

The 800k baht only has to be in the bank for 60 days for the first extension. It requires a letter from your bank and copies of your bank book.

You can also combine the two if your income is less than 65k baht to reach a total of 800k baht.

4, 5, 6 and 7 are not required to apply based upon retirement.

8. Only one copy is needed. Some offices want a copy of every page that has a visa or stamp for Thailand. 

9. A completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

It sounds like what you are asking for is an "Extension of Stay" as you mentioned that you already have a Non-O Visa.

Or are you talking about getting a new Non-O Visa ?

There are some differences if you are trying to get a new Visa or if you are trying to get an "Extension of Stay" on your current Visa.

(Some people get really picky about the difference between a "Visa" and an "Extension of Stay".)

Here is the post I made when I did my Extension of Stay (at Jomtien) in May 2017. The one I did a couple months ago was virtually identical in all ways.
https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/985533-2017-retirement-extension-of-stay-jomtien/?tab=comments#comment-11936282

In my case, I was getting an Extension "for Retirement" reasons. If you are doing it because of marriage - there are some different requirements.

As well, in my case I use the "cash in bank" method instead of the "monthly income" method. Different strokes for different folks.

If you are using the "cash in bank" method to get an Extension, then the full amount has to be in the account for 3(+) months before you apply. You can get a letter from your bank (it is a standard form they have already in their system) and update your bankbook, preferably no later than the day before you go to Immigration. I leave my cash in a Fixed Term deposit that renews annually and there is NO requirement to show any transactions on that account.

Note: In many cases they will expect the letter and the bankbook update to be within a day of your application (unless you get the letter and update on Friday and are at Immigration first thing Monday morning). I have seen people turned away because they didn't update their bankbook and it has been noted in other threads that some places won't accept a bank letter if it is a couple days old.

There was no requirement for a Health Certificate or Police check and no requirement for photocopies of anyone else's ID card (to do an Extension). They will need proof of address/residence (which I used to use copies of my utility bills for but now can just use my Thai driving licence, even though it doesn't have an actual address on it). Some people use a rental contract as proof.

It doesn't hurt to have extra copies of some things, but in my experience anything that is not required they will usually weed out and give back to you. For example, I need a photocopy of the passport page where it shows my (non-o) visa was transferred from my old passport, as well as photocopies of the pages showing my last Extension of Stay, last Entry (into Thailand) stamp and the "Face" page, but I don't need photocopies of the dozen other pages that have entry/exit stamps.

When I showed up the last time, I had photocopies of my Thai driving licence (front and back) as well as photocopies of some utility bills. They kept the driver's license copies and gave me back the utility bill copies that I had brought "just in case".

The actual cost for the Extension is only 1,900 baht. You will have to make photocopies (if you don't have your own scanner/printer) and will need a passport sized photo. (I usually get 8-10 done and keep the extras with the passport for future use.)

Also keep in mind - if you expect to be travelling out of Thailand, you will need a Re-Entry permit before you go ! A guy I know just made that mistake a couple months ago and now has to go through the whole process from scratch, as his "Extension" was voided when he left the country without getting the re-entry permit.

A single use Re-Entry Permit is 1,900 baht. If you expect that you could be going out of the country more than once a year, it would be worthwhile to get a Multi-Entry permit. It costs 3,800 baht and lets you leave and return as often as you want every year. (You will need another passport photo as well as some additional paperwork as noted in the post I linked above.)
I get the Re-Entry permit right after I get my new Extension as I am already at Immigration and that way I don't forget about it (like my friend did).

All told, the cost to get an Extension of Stay is 1,900 baht and, in my case, another 3,800 baht for the Multi-Entry permit, so 5,700 baht in total.
Add a few baht (maybe) for photocopies and photos.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EricTh said:

If you want to change OA visa into retirement visa after 3 months, you still need the criminal record letter.

That is not required. Not sure who told you that nonsense.

From clause 2.22 of the police order for extension of stay.

The alien:
(1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
(2) Must be 50 years of age or over.
(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month: or
(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date: or
(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hwaetu Go said:

This is the total sum required, see details and explanation posted by the expert Ubonjoe.

Check a local ThaiVisa forum for the area you live in, and where you'll apply for extension of stay based on retirement at the local immigration office, as the requirements might be slightly different from area to area. There might even be a fpinned thread in your local forum about Immigration and extension of stay. Otherwise you can check at the local immigration office, they might have a slip or an information sheet with their requirements.

Below slip is an example only of the requirements where I stay – Koh Samui under Surat Thani Immigration – and that might be little different from your area (if not Surat Thani Province), for example 7)MAP (Satelite view...), and 8)Medical Certificate, and 10)Drawing Map [i.e. hand drawn map] and the forms mention in 11) and 12) might not be required all over the nation...????

Extension-based-on-retirement_20180327.thumb.jpg.3f96660f3d061b3c44237f71bb466cbc.jpg

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

There is no "retirement visa," but the one visa that is often called a retirement visa is the O-A, so what you mean by changing the O-A into a retirement visa is a mystery.

If you have an O-A visa, it is good for multiple entries for a year from date of issue and if you choose to remain in Thailand continuously  during the first year, all you need to do is report to immigrations every 90 days.  And by doing a border hop or other trip out of country and return before the visa expires, you'd get a full second year stay without the need to apply for an extension of stay until that entry nearly expires.

Applying for an extension of stay based on retirement after three months would only make sense if you entered on a non-imm O (not O-A)  visa or converted in a non-imm O from a tourist visa entry, though you wouldn't want to wait the full 90 days, and even then a police report is not required.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1