FBI probe is the next battle in war over Kavanaugh

webfact

This is supposed to be an open-minded objective probe? Kavanaugh and Ford aren't even interviewed? Trump already repeatedly siding with Kavanaugh's version of events even as he claims to be keeping an open mind? Julie Swetnick totally discounted out of hand as not credible? Why? Because Trump as a grudge against her lawyer? The scope of the inquiry clouded in confusion halfway through the arbitrary 1 week time limit?

The Republicans seem to be completely misreading how crucial a transparent and fair investigation is to the American public. Trump keeps lamenting how "difficult" the investigation has been on Kavanaugh's family, his wife and children. That's pretty rich when you consider what Trump has put Melania and his children through with his philandering.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2

FBI digs into U.S. Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh's past

By Steve Holland and David Morgan

2018-10-01T171030Z_1_LYNXNPEE902H9_RTROPTP_4_USA-COURT-KAVANAUGH-FLAKE.JPG

Protestors gather for a really against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh outside an expected speech by U.S. Representative Jeff Flake (R-AZ) in Boston, U.S., October 1, 2018. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Days after being ordered to look into sexual misconduct allegations against U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, the FBI has talked with his high school friend Mark Judge, but the interview is not complete, his attorney said on Monday.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1059877-fbi-digs-into-us-supreme-court-nominee-kavanaughs-past/

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

This is supposed to be an open-minded objective probe? Kavanaugh and Ford aren't even interviewed? Trump already repeatedly siding with Kavanaugh's version of events even as he claims to be keeping an open mind? Julie Swetnick totally discounted out of hand as not credible? Why? Because Trump as a grudge against her lawyer? The scope of the inquiry clouded in confusion halfway through the arbitrary 1 week time limit? 

The Republicans seem to be completely misreading how crucial a transparent and fair investigation is to the American public. Trump keeps lamenting how "difficult" the investigation has been on Kavanaugh's family, his wife and children. That's pretty rich when you consider what Trump has put Melania and his children through with his philandering.

The reality is that this investigation only needs to be as transparent and fair as 3 on the fence Republican Senators require. Democrats will never vote for Kavanaugh even if a one year investigation did not turn up anything, and 48 Republicans appear to be able to stomach a lot in order to secure the Supreme Court for the next 20 years. Since when did the public ever matter? This may swing some voters, but Republicans are playing the long game, and control of the SC for the next generation is more important than a few seats in the mid-term election.

I was reading up a bit on this Mark Judge character, because he seems to be the only witness to the actual alleged event.  

It turns out, this guy wrote a book called "wasted", about getting absolutely plastered as a youngin. There is even a character who seems to be named after kav in there. 

I heard about some weird debt kav had related to baseball tickets yesterday too. Don't know how important it is, but there sure is some interesting stuff there. I hope the fbi looks into it all. Supposedly kav had a huge amount of debt that just disappeared. He attributed the debt to charging baseball tickets for his friends. I am happy to be corrected on this matter I only skimmed the story. 

6 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Supposedly kav had a huge amount of debt that just disappeared. He attributed the debt to charging baseball tickets for his friends. I am happy to be corrected on this matter I only skimmed the story. 

My understanding is he laid out the money and got reimbursed. Thats common. I used to charge our Football tickets (like $12,000  US to get the miles, then collect the cash from my buds)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

My understanding is he laid out the money and got reimbursed. Thats common. I used to charge our Football tickets (like $12,000  US to get the miles, then collect the cash from my buds)

And do you carry that debt for months? Seems like that would negate the value of those miles and then some.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-piled-up-credit-card-debt-by-purchasing-nationals-tickets-white-house-says/2018/07/11/8e3ad7d6-8460-11e8-9e80-403a221946a7_story.html?utm_term=.6ba2925fff02

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, iroc4life said:

Not really a slow day Im just not blinded by any liberal bias in this process. If the Dems wanted the truth, thats been evident in the hearings this far, they would have presented the accusation in July. They know the sheep would follow them blindly at the last second with unfounded accusations.

Text messages suggest Kavanaugh wanted to refute accuser's claim before it became public

In the days leading up to a public allegation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh exposed himself to a college classmate, the judge and his team were communicating behind the scenes with friends to refute the claim, according to text messages obtained by NBC News.

Kerry Berchem, who was at Yale with both Kavanaugh and his accuser, Deborah Ramirez, has tried to get those messages to the FBI for its newly reopened investigation into the matter but says she has yet to be contacted by the bureau.

The texts between Berchem and Karen Yarasavage, both friends of Kavanaugh, suggest that the nominee was personally talking with former classmates about Ramirez’s story in advance of the New Yorker article that made her allegation public.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/mutual-friend-ramirez-kavanaugh-anxious-come-forward-evidence-n915566

Kavanaugh denied knowing anything about the New Yorker story before it broke.