Phayathai Area Tot Adsl With Wireless

rogerdee123

I'm planning to get TOT ASDL .. 1000 baht home package. I want to try to use it wireless in my apartment in Phayathai area (near to Asia Hotel).

Anyone with experience in this areas of Bkk?

Also my apt is about 120 sq meters and has gypsum/sheetrock walls. Will the wireless penetrate thru these walls ... i.e. if I want to use wireless in my bedroom?

I'm a Mac user (no flames please :o ) and Apple has just come out with Airport Extreme module (router) with lots of ethernet and USB connection possibilities ... ie ... it can serve the printer (or other equipment) wirelessly also. However this AirPort extreme isn't yet available in Thailand. What comparable is available now Feb 2007?

I've read thru the other posts and in order to perhaps beat the ADSL Bangkok woes am interested in the idea of buying ADSL service from another provider and "balancing" it ... as another poster did. I will contact this poster directly but am also wondering if many people here do this and if that "ADSL balancer" is readily available at Panthip?

Thanks for any helpful response.

Rog

I live in the same area, but using TRUE ADSL (not TOT). Quite happy with the service overall. I have a 140 Sq. Mtr. condo (similar construction to yours) and have 100% Wi-Fi coverage with one hub. Signal strength varies depending on distance & hub placement, but penetration through one or two such walls works (I recommend a Linksys or D-Link hub, although I have a 3-Com, which seems to be a bit weaker signal than the others).