Thai Tourism Min urges officials to be mindful of their actions

webfact

12 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Min of Tourism urges officials to be mindful of their actions. 

Does that mean... don't mess with the Chinese, stick to screwing falangs? 

If such activities continue, they [Farang] just might not come back and spread word while they're at it. 

One can only hope. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

If such activities continue, they [Farang] just might not come back and spread word while they're at it. 

One can only hope.

Assuming they manage to get out alive to return home. So many dangerous obstacles to avoid.

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

where officials have been demanding up to 2,000 baht as a “special fee” or “tip” to expedite the process.

So now we know the reason for those lengthy queues at Airport Immigration.

Also those overweight officials. That's where they stash the cash!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thian said:

Why not arrest those corrupt officials who charged 1200 baht to speed things up?? They were ruining thailands marvelous reputation weren't they?

Well, basically not a bad idea. Do you also have a solution how the last man standing can handle the job without dying from burnout syndrome on his first day on duty?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Fire them all the way up the the big bosses in charge. They allow this to happen and plenty of them will profit from it.

Then start investigations into their finances, what houses and land they own, etc. Repeat this for every public official who holds some position which can be exploited for gain.

That's how you go after corruption.

... and that's how you get killed....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Well, basically not a bad idea. Do you also have a solution how the last man standing can handle the job without dying from burnout syndrome on his first day on duty?

Most likely not any issue as no one will remain......:smile:

Too late now. Unless they completely revamp their immigration system and make major changes I am going to criticize and bash Thailand's immigration and their miserable officers non-stop. I have never been treated with such contempt in my life than I have by Thailand's immigration officers multiple times and did nothing other than follow the letter of the law.  I am going to continue to tell everyone I can to do themselves a favor and avoid Thailand. 

11 minutes ago, joebrown said:

This could get even more serious when Prayut gets involved and starts 'urging' them to do their jobs.

If that doesn't work they'll get Prawit on the job. He'll scare the shit out of anyone. He did that scaring himself recently.

This could get even more serious when Prayut gets involved and starts 'urging' them to do their jobs.

If that doesn't work they'll get Prawit on the job. He'll scare the shit out of anyone. He did that scaring himself recently.