Driver killed, five passengers injured in Korat

webfact

Driver killed, five passengers injured in Korat

By The Nation

344516-780x405.jpg

Picture: INN

The driver of an SUV was killed and five passengers were injured when it crashed into a roadside tree in Nakhon Ratchasima's Wang Nam Khiew district on Wednesday at 3:45am on highway 304 in Ban Ba Dan village, Tambon Udomsup.

Wilaiwan Iankanna, 41, was killed behind the wheel.

The injured were identified as Kasamon Iakanna, 12, Thamolwan Iankanna, three, Napat Iankanna, 11, Chakkarin Iankanna, 43, and Thongbai Iankanna, 80.

The survivors told police that they were returning home to Chon Buri from Surin when the vehicle suddenly hit the tree.

Police suspect the driver fell asleep.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355712

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-03

What have Thais got against trees? Geez, if you're going to smash your car up choose a concrete wall eh? I jest in bad taste perhaps. I hope the injuries were not serious and the passengers recover quickly.

3 hours ago, TKDfella said:

What have Thais got against trees? Geez, if you're going to smash your car up choose a concrete wall eh? I jest in bad taste perhaps. I hope the injuries were not serious and the passengers recover quickly.

I hope the survivors grow up with more road sense than this driver had... learn the lesson now !!

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

We read this at least once a day. Why don't Thai drivers stop and rest if they are sleepy? I just don't get it.

It takes an experienced driver to sense when microsleep is kicking in.... moreover I find Thais not being disciplined when traveling outstation. The designated driver should not revel like the others if he is going to drive long distance later on. He should have adequate rest and mentally alert especially night driving. 

17 hours ago, Ctkong said:

It takes an experienced driver to sense when microsleep is kicking in.... moreover I find Thais not being disciplined when traveling outstation. The designated driver should not revel like the others if he is going to drive long distance later on. He should have adequate rest and mentally alert especially night driving. 

Sir, I think you have found the root cause of the problem.

Archived