Thailand Social Security - Age?

If I get a job here at 59 years old and my employer enrolls me in the social security program am I still eligible to  continue coverage by making payments myself if I end employment after the proper period of time?  (How long is that, by the way?) 

I was last enrolled in SS here in 2002.  Should have continued making payments then, but I didn't know I could.  

Thanks for your knowledge.

My understanding is that you are still eligible to contribute to the system at any age, but you cannot collect and work at the same time. Minimum age to collect is 55 years old. You need a minimum of 15 years contributing to the system in order to be eligible (it does not need to be continuous). If you have less than 15 years, you can submit a form with the government and get your contribution money back.

You mentioned that one can continue to contribute while not working (if I understand you correctly). That is great news for me, as I have 13 years already and not sure how much longer I will actually work. Doing the math, it is much better to contribute up to 15 years and collect rather than receive a payout.

Archived