Video: A British pensioner's shame! Stole his neighbor's mattress and cash while he was away

webfact

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

You can clearly see it is pounds, so no brownie points for the police chief.

One wonders how he got to be the chief when his observational powers appear to be somewhat lacking.

Shame on the British fella for doing something so shitty.

The police chief did observe the currency correctly, it was press reports that demonstrated the "lack of observational skills" of the press so no brownie points for you for not observing that part of the OP!

Edited by Just Weird

4 hours ago, troniccrypt said:

Why are all the criminals always wearing masks? What is the logic behind this. 

It is their right to protect their identity if they want to at that stage of the investigation.

Edited by Just Weird

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Because they have not been proven guilty of anything but are put on public display before trial.  The recent allowing of face cover might help an innocent party avoid being forever cast as a criminal in the minds of those that see them.

They have them on video

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

One wonders how he got to be the chief when his observational powers appear to be somewhat lacking.

Its normally the other way round. 500 baht fine and say wa wa wa 3 times. Now move on.

17 minutes ago, Just Weird said:
1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

That’s pounds they have the Queens head on the notes the police chief has got it wrong it’s not Euros

The police chief got it right, the press got it wrong, it's all there in black and white in the OP.

If you look at the third photograph in the article, you can see bundles of money. All of them are 20 Pound notes, with the Queens head on.

Euros do not have the Queens head on. You might also want to re read the article as it says: 

When Mr Stephen came back from a trip to Cambodia on Saturday he found that 3,000 UK pounds and his mattress were missing. 

Note, UK Pounds, not Euros. So your reply here and to my original post are both as incorrect as the Chief of Police, who also it seems, can't tell the difference between currencies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

If you look at the third photograph in the article, you can see bundles of money. All of them are 20 Pound notes, with the Queens head on.

Euros do not have the Queens head on. You might also want to re read the article as it says: 

When Mr Stephen came back from a trip to Cambodia on Saturday he found that 3,000 UK pounds and his mattress were missing. 

Note, UK Pounds, not Euros. So your reply here and to my original post are both as incorrect as the Chief of Police, who also it seems, can't tell the difference between currencies.

Yes, I mis-read it, I stand appropriately corrected..this time!

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, simon43 said:

He stole the mattress??!

4 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Apparently he did ..not exactly a genius of crime.

No money, sleeping on the floor, serious back pain. Anyway, mattresses where he's going...

Lazada sells decent safes starting at 5000 THB, also mattresses are available. I just checked but they do not have replacement brains, unfortunately enough. With an IQ high enough to save one's cash in a safe or on a bank account instead of a wardrobe.

• Like 1

How sad, living in a one room apartment in Pattaya when aged 72.

What I don't understand is why all the police officers for a minor crime like this when there is underage prostitution, drugs and corruption going on all around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Ye, clearly they are English notes not Euro. Still has to have his fag. AND, he is NOT BRITISH he is Australian. Very different. An Aussie would kick your ass if you ref red to him as British.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I see it was on video.

Edited by smotherb