Republicans aim to confirm Kavanaugh this weekend after FBI report

webfact

3 hours ago, helpisgood said:

Yeah, sure.

Sure, stuttering is always such a hot joke with kids from that age group, unlike sex and partying.  That's so obvious.  

Is Devil's Triangle a drinking game with three cups because that's so practical?  But, it's always four people?  What if a fifth drinking buddy is there?  Makes sense?  Or, are the glasses shaped like triangles?    By the way, look up "Devil's Threesome" from the link below.  And, it's menage a trois (sorry, can't add the proper French accent marks).  I guess you didn't bother to look that up either, as if French spelling cannot be tricky to non-French speakers.  That reveals a lack of caution.    

From some "creative journalism":    

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Devil's_Triangle

Yes, besides the more well-known reference to a part of the Atlantic Ocean, it says that it's a synonym to "devil's threesome" which is sexual intercourse with two men and one woman (familiar situation for Kavanaugh and his buddies?).

So, sure I'll buy that and I'll take the Brooklyn Bridge along with it.  Geez, talk about being gullible.

Those without an axe to grind, unlike Brett's buddies or Fox News, will corroborate. 

How's this

Two men who went to college with one of Kavanaugh’s high-school classmates (and knew Kavanaugh socially as well in the ’80s and ’90s) say this classmate taught them a drinking game with that name. That classmate and three others write separately that they made up the game during their time at Georgetown Prep:

“Devil’s Triangle” was a drinking game we came up with in high school. It was a variation on the game “Quarters.” When we played “Devil’s Triangle,” four people sat at a table. On the table, three small glasses of beer were arranged next to one another to form a triangle. Each of the four participants took turns being the “shooter.” The shooter attempted to bounce a quarter into one of the glasses.

So, six people have now said publicly that they played a drinking game called Devil’s Triangle that originated at Kavanaugh’s high school. Time to retire that one.

Link

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 2

A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated to say that she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account, according to people familiar with the matter.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-of-dr-ford-felt-pressure-to-revisit-statement-1538715152

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, helpisgood said:

1.  You have completely ignored my first point about Kavanaugh's evasiveness in answering questions.  

2.  You have now completely ignored my point about Kavanaugh's lie about "FFFFFF" (or however many f's there were).  

3. Left clinging on to one last lame prep boy excuse, you now offer only a quote from Kavanaugh's buddies (CYA, boys!) and fellow Renate alums (we never did get into that slur, which may be more damning) from the National Review?  I know who they are and their agenda.  However, I'm sure Wm. F. Buckley, Jr. himself would have had enough common sense to roll his eyes at all of this.

Yeah, let's retire this one.

1. Evasive is a word you use, perhaps you should try he was careful with his answers, considering the left lynch mob was hanging on his every word.

2. The whole yearbook is full of multiple F's on words beginning with F. It was some gag the students were in on. It's not just Kavanaugh. Perhaps you think the entire High school was full of predators. And even if it was a reference to Find em, F em and forget em. Isn't that a very high school thing to say? Didn't the boys in your school talk a lot of trash? 

3. Who would you ask about the drinking game? Surely the folks who played it would be the first choice.

Face it, you were led into a false narrative by the MSM because you wanted it to be true. Prepare to lose even more in November.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

1. Evasive is a word you use, perhaps you should try he was careful with his answers, considering the left lynch mob was hanging on his every word.

2. The whole yearbook is full of multiple F's on words beginning with F. It was some gag the students were in on. It's not just Kavanaugh. Perhaps you think the entire High school was full of predators. And even if it was a reference to Find em, F em and forget em. Isn't that a very high school thing to say? Didn't the boys in your school talk a lot of trash? 

3. Who would you ask about the drinking game? Surely the folks who played it would be the first choice.

Face it, you were led into a false narrative by the MSM because you wanted it to be true. Prepare to lose even more in November.

1.  "[L]eft lynch mob"?  Really?  Now, you are showing your true colors.  Tribal "my-team-agst.-your team" conspiratorial thinking.  "Who's Socrates?"  

2.  To answer both of your questions: No.  We called those very few people "idiots."

3.  Go ask any of the others in your fantasy bubble.  National Review?  Hilarious!  You know that Buckley went to Yale?  How about instead using simple common sense?

You have assumed that I rely on the MSM.  False.  Of course, that's what your tribal leaders have told you to say to the "left lynch mob," right?  So, is there a "right lynch mob"?  I'll ask someone from the right wing or the left wing.  Maybe they understand public affairs better.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

Where to begin having an intelligent discussion with them?  In the words of Shakira, it's like reading a poem to a horse.

1. Never underestimate your opponent

2. Never be afraid to discuss anything with anybody, you may learn something. Even a brief discussion is better than no discussion.

3. Never lump everybody into one category. Everyone is different.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

1. Never underestimate your opponent

2. Never be afraid to discuss anything with anybody, you may learn something. Even a brief discussion is better than no discussion.

3. Never lump everybody into one category. Everyone is different.

4. Never believe a stranger on the internet

• Like 2

14 hours ago, beechguy said:

I can't fault the guy for the contempt of the Senators, half a dozen of those on that committee aren't good enough to carry his briefcase. I really enjoy the lecture on ethics and integrity from the Democrats and their supporters, it's the most comical thing I've seen the past few weeks.

Allow me to doubt you'd have any issues faulting such behavior if the candidate was nominated by or affiliated with the "other side". Then it would have been faux righteous indignation time.

3 hours ago, Morch said:

Allow me to doubt you'd have any issues faulting such behavior if the candidate was nominated by or affiliated with the "other side". Then it would have been faux righteous indignation time.

Well a couple of the Dems did embarrass themselves..... ????

But Flake is a flake too.....and Lisa? Id respect her decision more ifin I didnt know she has been bought and paid for by the Alaska Natives.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:32 AM, Morch said:

The only person you should doubt, is guy you look at in the mirror.

I believe in being fair as possible, and there are several Republicans I would be happy to see go. Until they showed themselves to have a spine, Graham and McConnell were near the top of the list. But the BS the Democrats have tried to push the past ten years is ridiculous, and as long as the likes of Schumer, Booker, etc. are in office, there is no way I'll vote to give them more leverage. 

9 hours ago, beechguy said:

The only person you should doubt, is guy you look at in the mirror.

I believe in being fair as possible, and there are several Republicans I would be happy to see go. Until they showed themselves to have a spine, Graham and McConnell were near the top of the list. But the BS the Democrats have tried to push the past ten years is ridiculous, and as long as the likes of Schumer, Booker, etc. are in office, there is no way I'll vote to give them more leverage. 

The guy in the mirror doesn't spew unverified nonsense about his political views, or claims as to what he would have. He did miss that spot shaving, though, again.

• Haha 1