Hundreds Of Foreigners Arrested In Record Raids

webfact

Hundreds Of Foreigners Arrested In Record Raids

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__2228229-696x522.jpg

Maj. Gen. Surachet Hakpan, right, at a Friday press briefing with foreigners arrested from across country.

BANGKOK — Police on Friday said hundreds of foreigners were arrested in another round of national raids targeting schools, hotels and restaurants.

A record 369 foreign nationals were arrested Thursday night from 337 locations, including in the capital’s Huai Khwang district, in an operation the immigration chief said was a joint effort between various law enforcement sectors. Maj. Gen. Surachet Hakpan began leading the operation when he was deputy commander of the tourist police.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/10/05/hundreds-of-foreigners-arrested-in-record-raids/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-10-05

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big purge is upon us people and whoever is illegally staying in Thailand using all kind of shortcuts and dubious visas are on the radar now, for how long? no one knows, the people in the know are saying that not for long that's for sure, so hide if you can until the noise subsides and thing will go back to normal...

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I left the USA because I was paranoid about black helicopters:shock1: and look what is happening now.:cheesy:

funny for some, not so funny for other foreigners being guillotened by the racist middle-class, but heicopters, now you've just reminded me  of these dinosaur generals; ordering thousands of people to been thrown out of helicopters in burning oil drums,during the 1970's. dont know about black color but maybe a shade of green

I quite often see non Thais working in retail , restaurants , suit makers , and shops .

Many have a family and business here and have been here for years .

Quite a few are the business owners , restaurant and tailor shop owners , these guys must be quite concerned .

19 minutes ago, humbug said:

Yep there you go the shows just about to be increased to the unfair elections, so all their  racist fans in the middle class; can cheer with joy, and enjoy the media frenzy of foreigners being kicked out.

Its nothing to do with "racism" or "class" .

Its about imposing the rule of law

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

The big purge is upon us people and whoever is illegally staying in Thailand using all kind of shortcuts and dubious visas are on the radar now, for how long? no one knows, the people in the know are saying that not for long that's for sure, so hide if you can until the noise subsides and thing will go back to normal...

You are openly advising law breakers to hide and evade the authorities. Are you one of them?

Not for long, I wouldn`t bet on that. All the illegal buildings, land owners and business owners using their Thai wives names as cover, they will be coming for you next. No more bucking the system using corrupt agencies and no more marriages of convenience. The police are wise to you and Big Joke is not so funny after all.

Brace yourselves, it`s going to be a rough ride.

1 hour ago, vinegarbase said:

Now if our home countries can start rounding up and sending back all the Thai illegals to replace the foreign illegals they are deporting their Thai heaven will be complete!

I am glad these things are happening in Asian countries because when foreigners come here and see how strict and unwanted they are in Asian countries it contributes as a result to more people becoming nationalist when they return to their own countries. We need more nationalists back home!

by jingo!! you start singing the anthem while I get the flags.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

To whom are you referring to when you say "people in the know"

Are they actually "people in the know" , as in, do they know something ?

These visa clampdowns have been going of for a few years now , and they are getting more and more stringent with no signs of any let up

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

The big purge is upon us

Only if 'us' is non-white.

They were grabbing African, Indian, Burmese, Cambodian, etc.

On the Green Bus up from Chiang Mai to Burma, there's always two police stop and searches each way.

They shout 'passports' as they enter then give all the non-Thais except me a hard time, search their bags, no interest in my passport or my bag, don't even make eye contact with me, but they often drag a Burmese or two off the bus. One of the few times a white face is handy in Thailand.

31 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its nothing to do with "racism" or "class" .

Its about imposing the rule of law

haha are you the pantomime act, racism is part of the show from all of their rallies, marches you name it, they used it to their fan base in the middle class, but rule of law surely begins at the top,

so shouldnt the joker arrest himself for being part of a treasonous gang who took over the country???????? now that would be the rule of law you talk of

In the streets around where I live , there are about ten westerns working as chefs in their own restaurant , openly cooking .

If I were them , I would either employ a Thai chef or sell the business .

Could be one say happily making the food and the next minute you are in IDC awaiting deportation and blacklisting and losing everything .

Worrying times for them    

2 minutes ago, humbug said:

haha are you the pantomime act, racism is part of the show from all of their rallies, marches you name it, they used it to their fan base in the middle class, but rule of law surely begins at the top,

so shouldnt the joker arrest himself for being part of a treasonous gang who took over the country???????? now that would be the rule of law you talk of

There was no "rule of law" before they took over , it was anarchic free for all rife with corruption , that's why its in such a mess now .

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When you get right down to it, how many law abiding Americans living or staying here get busted? How many non dodgy Brits? The Visa forum here is non stop questions because generally, most folks want to do it legally and are willing to jump through the hoops...

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

No need to hide, am perfectly legal here. Hope they won't stop until they kicked them all out.

1 hour ago, vinegarbase said:

Now if our home countries can start rounding up and sending back all the Thai illegals to replace the foreign illegals they are deporting their Thai heaven will be complete!

I am glad these things are happening in Asian countries because when foreigners come here and see how strict and unwanted they are in Asian countries it contributes as a result to more people becoming nationalist when they return to their own countries. We need more nationalists back home!

Nothing to do with nationalists, all to do with removing illegals.

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

On the Green Bus up from Chiang Mai to Burma, there's always two police stop and searches each way.

They shout 'passports' as they enter then give all the non-Thais except me a hard time, search their bags, no interest in my passport or my bag, don't even make eye contact with me, but they often drag a Burmese or two off the bus. One of the few times a white face is handy in Thailand.

I took that same bus once...when the police stopped us i got my passport ready but they couldn't be bothered for it. They searched for hidden people in the bus.

I remember speaking to the Canadian behind me who was reading a book about the Bangkok Hilton. He told me he made big money by smuggling opium from there and that the quality was very good...i was happy when he left the bus right before the border.

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

"More than 70 Chinese, Indians and Ghanaian were rounded up from Ratchada and Sutthisan areas for selling goods, as foreigners are not allowed to work in retail."

Excellent work. 

Good!

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

You are openly advising law breakers to hide and evade the authorities. Are you one of them?

Not for long, I wouldn`t bet on that. All the illegal buildings, land owners and business owners using their Thai wives names as cover, they will be coming for you next. No more bucking the system using corrupt agencies and no more marriages of convenience. The police are wise to you and Big Joke is not so funny after all.

Brace yourselves, it`s going to be a rough ride.

Well let's hope so because those of us who go through all the hoops to do things in line with Thai Law are still given a bad name, due to generalisation, by those who think they are smart enough or just downright dishonest as they have previously found ways to circumvent the rules and regulations. To gain respect you must first earn it and those bums who find ways and means to cheat due process I'm afraid are the main cause of lost respect.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

I quite often see non Thais working in retail , restaurants , suit makers , and shops .

Many have a family and business here and have been here for years .

Quite a few are the business owners , restaurant and tailor shop owners , these guys must be quite concerned .

Im friends with the owner of Lords Tailor and they’re not concerned at all. All the “Indian” tailors in the lower suk are actually Thai Nationals. 3rd generation mostly. Passport/ID cards the works. Thus the reason they can openly hustle customers on Sukhumvit without fear. The only thing non-Thai about them is their appearance, education, work ethic, we’ll come to think of it...

im sure you are getting my point 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Been there, done that, if you're quick one can even get a quick grin!!

Archived