Big Joke: Thai police team have been to England to interview woman who claims rape on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, frank83628 said:

Sky news got him off the island the same day he had posted his 'help me' BS plea on FB, i'm not sure why he was allowed to leave...sky news made out they were rescuing him, perhaps the police were not aware or didnt understand exactly what he had said by that time with everything else going on.. it was on his FB page and in written in English....he left on 1 of the 6 boats that left that day.

Good to know the Thai police were following the story closely. They did a bang up job letting him leave. 

Good, find out if it was all flim flam, or is there some substance to this story. The only criticism I can give is it's all a bit late in the day. Some woman makes a claim of rape in today's "metoo" environment you need to be on top of it very quickly.

8 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

So thisa is the SECOND time this case has been finalised, after Big Joke stated quite categorically it never happened we are now AWAITING a report from THAI Police who interviewed her in the UK. If the case is found to be ongoing then they will invite her to come back to Thailand …..really, I would not trust them further than I could throw them. 

So now the RTP will not take a Rape case, the foreigner goes home , makes a complaint and guess what No rape so no offences. Tourism is safe. They only worry about Tourism, look at the actions they are undergoing tpo get the Chinese to come back . Farangs they do not care one jot about . They do not understand that lack of POLICE enforcement and LACK of serious investigations in almost any Criminal Offence will eventually have an impact on Tourism. just paper over the cracks. Hoping that the rest of the world believes them. 

Now they are backtracking to save face, very interesting post by the girls mother today on social media stating if the Thai cops try to blame a scapegoat for the rape she will not let this end and keep on working with the UK police , kind of gives the impression they have concluded a rape did happen and the apologists here will be busy! 

Wonder how the Thais play this out, maybe rounding up Burmese again.......

On 10/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, jimmynewbie said:

Hands tied behind back and hung called  'suicide'

All of these cases have been discussed many times on TV. 

For example this one. A quick google search shows that hands tied is not uncommon when someone had previous failed attempts. And there was a suicide note written in French to his family. Unless the Koh Tao mafia employed a team of multilingual thugs who can forge handwriting in multiple languages it was most certainly a suicide. 

8 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

How can there be a scapegoat when she says that she saw the guy?

"A Thai guy was standing over me. As I woke up he just smiled at me and then he took off."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/koh-tao-teen-drugged-raped-13211468

Same way there can when a shambles of an investigation , no dna on the murder weapon can sentence 2 men to death. Thainess!

You forget the hostel lady was sending her photos of random Burmese men, wheels were already in motion

6 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

"A Thai guy was standing over me. As I woke up he just smiled at me and then he took off."

If you listen to the Times interview she did, she said the guy might have just noticed her and come up to her. She wasn’t sure. 

6 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

All of these cases have been discussed many times on TV. 

For example this one. A quick google search shows that hands tied is not uncommon when someone had previous failed attempts. And there was a suicide note written in French to his family. Unless the Koh Tao mafia employed a team of multilingual thugs who can forge handwriting in multiple languages it was most certainly a suicide. 

are you forgetting the lacerations on his arm? many more points but not discussing it again

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

Nope! She didn’t say that. That’s from the mirror and sun. 

In her ‘recorded’ interview with The Times, she said she saw ‘a man’. She didn’t indentify his ethnicity.

Some people here wanna make this a Thai Vs farang thing. They pick a side and think life is p****** contest. The sensible ones amongst us just want a proper investigation. 

You’ll have to find another disingenuous angle. 

No I think I'll stick with my disingenuous angle that, if she saw the guy, I don't know how they can come up with a scapegoat.

And if she isn't sure that the guy she actually saw is the real guy, then how does she know that the guy she saw is not some guy who got excited seeing her exposed on the beach after the fact and just spilled on her shirt?

36 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

No I think I'll stick with my disingenuous angle that, if she saw the guy, I don't know how they can come up with a scapegoat.

And if she isn't sure that the guy she actually saw is the real guy, then how does she know that the guy she saw is not some guy who got excited seeing her exposed on the beach after the fact and just spilled on her shirt?

If she had been drugged, and the very fact it was months ago, she’d probably have no idea who it was. 

Yea, someone saw her lying there passed out on the beach (she’s a cracking liar, this lass) and thought they’d just innocently pop one out on her shirt. No touching, of course. This classy creep might have very few morals but he won’t break the law. 

Have you read your own posts? 

21 hours ago, jimmynewbie said:

Now they are backtracking to save face, very interesting post by the girls mother today on social media stating if the Thai cops try to blame a scapegoat for the rape she will not let this end and keep on working with the UK police , kind of gives the impression they have concluded a rape did happen and the apologists here will be busy! 

Wonder how the Thais play this out, maybe rounding up Burmese again.......

where is the mother writing this?

On 10/6/2018 at 3:32 AM, The manic said:

1. The two are not mutually exclusive.

2. Men do not control women. This is not Victorian England nor it an extreme islamic state. Its not up to you. They have free choice and will make their own decisions.

Furthermore places such as london are far more dangerous than KT with over 100 murders since january, stabbings and a 2000% increase in acid attacks. Tragedies are no reason for the kind of hysteria you seem to be promoting.

My friend friend who is female goes to KT twice a year. She loves it. If her dad tried to stop her she would laugh in his face.

She may be stupid but still, this does not mean she deserved to be raped. 

22 hours ago, JLCrab said:

...as you do.

1 hour ago, fullcave said:

She may be stupid but still, this does not mean she deserved to be 

She is not stupid just because she has a different viewpoint to you. She is one of thousands of young travellers who travel to KT every month who not recognise the hysteria and lies on this thread.  She has been there. You have not. You are trying to control the freedom of women with the threat of rape. An extreme paternalistic view and/or Islamic fundamentalist viewpoint. I reiterate: there  are many cities in the west that are more dangerous than KT.

43 minutes ago, The manic said:

She is not stupid just because she has a different viewpoint to you. She is one of thousands of young travellers who travel to KT every month who not recognise the hysteria and lies on this thread.  She has been there. You have not. You are trying to control the freedom of women with the threat of rape. An extreme paternalistic view and/or Islamic fundamentalist viewpoint. I reiterate: there  are many cities in the west that are more dangerous than KT.

She does not deserve to be raped, regardless, and making a list of dangerous cities won't change that fact. Period. 

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Do those cities have a population of around 2000?

Yes she has been there and look what happened to her!

3 hours ago, jimmynewbie said:

Thailand tries to attract more tourists to Koh Tao island while limiting their impact on environment
Source: Xinhua   2016-06-20

"According to Yutthasak Supasorn, governor of Tourism Authority of Thailand(TAT), about 600,000 tourists come to Koh Tao annually for scuba diving or snorkeling."

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-06/20/c_135450070.htm

3 hours ago, jimmynewbie said:

Yes she has been there and look what happened to her!

My friend went to Koh Tao along with over half a million other young people and had a great time.  I think that is your problem. Young people who are mot frightened like you. And young people havinga good time. So, Koh Tao, including visitors has a population far in excess of 2000 . What is your point? Koh Tao is not dangerous compared to London,  Manchester, Chicago etc etc . How many stabbings in Koh Tao, how many acid burnings? None.  Some people like to spread fear and hysteria to rationalise their own joyless existence.

I have some questions to you guys that believe the rumours about KT is “only rumours” from people that haven’t been there themselves????

What do you believe is the reasons people lie about extreme crimes we can read happened in KT?.... what is the main goal for this people?

Most of you guys have nicknames, how can you say a person that comment not have visit KT? 

If if this girl love Thailand and the country is her favourite + her plan was to stay in Thailand until November(?)... What make you guys believe she lies about being raped and make her escape to her home country... the reason she did this way is what??? 

I’m impressed in a bad/negative way when I read many of the comments and it make me wonder who is this persons that believe she is lying and what’s the reasons you mean she is NOT telling the truth... because she from UK??? 

How can you guys think London is worse then KT? Your brain maybe not smart enough to understand that London is a much BIGGER place then KT... bigger place = MORE people!... you MUST take the number of people and calculate the % of crime????then you can start talk/write the true number/statistics of crime and then share your numbers/results????????

Not important for me to get answer... my main goal with this comment is to make you guys THINK before writing/blaming... 

4 minutes ago, The manic said:

My friend went to Koh Tao along with over half a million other young people and had a great time.  I think that is your problem. Young people who are mot frightened like you. And young people havinga good time. So, Koh Tao, including visitors has a population far in excess of 2000 . What is your point? Koh Tao is not dangerous compared to London,  Manchester, Chicago etc etc . How many stabbings in Koh Tao, how many acid burnings? None.  Some people like to spread fear and hysteria to rationalise their own joyless existence.

And the reason they spread fear and hysteria is? 

Archived