Thailand is too noisy - and the Thais themselves are fed up with it!

rooster59

8 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Sh*gging ( noisy ) ..

Chinese restaurants noisy and think they are above the law! The bars close at 12 midnight but the Chinese restaurant near me carry on until 3am quite often. Also the idiots on there motorcycle that think it's good to remove the baffles from the exhaust or put a ridiculously noisy exhaust on there 110cc motorcycle!

2 hours ago, wolfmuc said:

You're are ok. No question.

But I would love to change places with you if this would stop listening to the village animals

each day, each night. There are roosters, pigeons and doves, dogs, motorbikes.

I hate basses on loudspeakers, but this stupid animal noise seems to be much worse.

Yeh, those motorbike animals are the worst...????????

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, peterb17 said:

I think you might find that the birds and frogs were here  long long before humans clambered out of their caves ( to destroy the planet)

So leave them be.

Screw that, I'm the apex predator around here. Now where did I stash that flamethrower...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Here on the 34 th floor most of these problems do not exist for me but i can imagine that it’s annoying. 

If you cant hear Roosters on the 34th Floor, you only have chickens around you. The Roosters take their cue from screaming Thai girls.....

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

If you cant hear Roosters on the 34th Floor, you only have chickens around you. The Roosters take their cue from screaming Thai girls.....

On 25 th floor and lower floors probably yes but on my altitude its very very far away on the background...but to live in a moobaan with 30 plus soi dogs and several Roosters and an adjacent car repair shop no thanks..

Edited by Destiny1990
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Here on the 34 th floor most of these problems do not exist for me but i can imagine that it’s annoying. 

I'm on the 45th floor 24/7 and I never leave so these problems do not exist for me. But I can imagine it's annoying. 

Edited by fullcave
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

On 25 th floor and lower floors probably yes but on my altitude its very very far away on the background...but to live in a moobaan with 30 plus soi dogs and several Roosters and an adjacent car repair shop no thanks..

I got the local market (weds and Sats) straight back from my balcony about 500 meters in to the Sois. Its a really busy and cool market, but up to like 8pm on a Saturday, the dude with the microphone gets annoying......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

My own pet hates regarding noise here.

Those damn advertising pickups.

Speaker clusters on long poles.

Music bass coming from a mile away.

Motorbikes that don't appear to have a silencer.

People who shout in hotel corridors after 10pm.

People who shout.

Those godawful whistle people.

Those 1 kiloton fireworks that randomly go off in the afternoon.

Exploding electricity junction boxes.

People learning to play guitar, or much worse, the ukulele.

People.

No animal noise here has ever bothered me, and I have a loft full of nesting squirrels, and probably 50 tukgaers, [large lizards that hunt at night.]

Definitely those monstrous speakers they set up in the villages to celebrate births, deaths, marriages, lads off to be a monk, building foundations laid, building completion. Truly outrageous

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Sh*gging ( noisy ) ..

Love to hear couples having a good bang, if she knows how sing & scream in a pleasurable way and in rythym with the bed head banging on the wall WOW. Stirs the deep desire, sometimes i even want to see who she is when she leaves ... Ha ha ha I'm a perverted oversexed type ha ha. ..  make sure you live ... before you DIE

• Like 1

Quiet here too...and I live in BKK! Lucky to be at the end of a lovely, quiet Soi. Birds, frogs, insects and the faint squeal of the SkyTrain rails is pretty much it. However, tend to agree that Thailand cities are excessively noisy and noise pollution a problem. :coffee1:

• Like 1

...add Tesco mini and 7/11 'Bing Bongs' as you enter and leave to the list. I was in a Tesco Lotus mini the other day and the loud Bing Bong sounded 18 times !  One member of the till staff was 3 meters from the speaker.  While paying I covered my ears and pointed to the speaker, she smiled and shrugged her shoulders as much to say we can't complain . The manager was close by and understood my concern about the Bing Bong...... and all he could do was smile . So how many Bing Bongs do the staff have to endure on a normal shift ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, blackhorse said:

Ban modified bike exhausts. These man boys love to gun it when going under a bts station where sound is amplified x 5

They are banned, but the only time that BiB do something about it is when they plan a raid on the boy street racers. Shame, imagine how much tea money is wasted.

1 hour ago, superal said:

Not forgetting the deep loud 3 numbered decibel  base which is often played solo and without a melody . They do not give a flying xxxx or consideration for others and the noise travels quite a long distance .

That's the one that gets me the most.  Have a neighbour a few door down who has base music going on all day every day as he works on broken down cars (not too loud, but can hear the dum dum dum base everywhere in the house and garden).

But, then at the end of the day he turns on the base speakers at maximum volume in his pick up truck with all the doors open and gets drunk for a few hours.  Thankfully its usually over at about 7pm, otherwise I would go crazy.  Can hear the music and base a long way from out street.  Thai neighbours solution was a build a very tall wall.  Other neighbours just don't talk to the guy and shun him.  But no one will actually tell him or the police to stop the noise... even the head man lives very close to him and does nothing.  Been going on about a year now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I've been waging a one-man campaign to raise awareness about noise pollution in my neighborhood, especially coming from large outdoor home speakers and souped up car sound systems with windows rolled down and doors open wide. It's been going on at least two years, and I can honestly say neighbors are starting to show more appreciation for peace and quiet. It's been a slow educational and coalition building process. Older people, people with health problems, people with young children, people who work graveyard and swing shifts, and people who don't have sound systems are all good candidates for allies against noise. Nobody has actually come right out and said 'thank you', but I can tell a lot of people appreciate my efforts. The goal isn't to force someone to stop making sound whatsoever, but to educate and build awareness about noise pollution. I've also tried to get the local police to take noise complaints more seriously, pointing out the increasing number of cases where excessive noise has resulted in violence.

Any tips please on how you went about this?  Many thanks.

• Thanks 1

Hot air as usual & nothing will be done about it. Thai's seem just to ignore it & get on with their lives .............. or have accepted it as part of daily life & don't hear it any longer. I must admit I hate the local attitude here that if you make a noise & complain you are making trouble, hence you become a "marked man', especially farangs ....... it's the mindset & loss of face crap that exists here. It ain't gonna change in my life time or yours for people reading this. I certainly will not be informing the authorities about constant noise where I live ............... if you have noisy neighbours or motorbikes etc the only option is to "up sticks" & move on, or just accept it .......... don't rely on the law to protect you once you've complained 'cos they wont. Fact ..... it's a lawless society & enforcement of the law exists only for short periods of time. Then you are on your own ........ sometimes literally at a later date "in a box" ;-)

• Like 1