Chinese Mob at CM Immigration

Xavnel

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

For the OP -- what queue was this?  What service were you seeking -- extension of tourist, education, retirement visa?  90 day report?  What?  How many queue tickets were available for that service?  You mentioned that the people who arrived after 5 am were not able to get queue tickets because they reached the limit for the day.  Was the fact that there were queue-jumpers (and quite a few from what you said) brought to the attention of the immigration officers distributing the queue tickets?

My wife was there to extend her ED Visa,  she had did the 90 day check in in Friday(but missed the Queue by 2 then because of jumpers). The Immigration guy on Friday told her that they only allow 70 per day.

I do not know exactly how many were actually in the Mob that arrived, I did not sit there and count, but I know that the 1st group was right around 30,  the 2nd one that arrived later and joins the others was maybe 10-12, maybe even 15.  Again, I did not count, I just noticed them filtering into the line with the others.

As far as s people complaining, I do not know as we was inside the Office.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Xavnel said:

My wife was there to extend her ED Visa,  she had did the 90 day check in in Friday(but missed the Queue by 2 then because of jumpers). The Immigration guy on Friday told her that they only allow 70 per day.

I do not know exactly how many were actually in the Mob that arrived, I did not sit there and count, but I know that the 1st group was right around 30,  the 2nd one that arrived later and joins the others was maybe 10-12, maybe even 15.  Again, I did not count, I just noticed them filtering into the line with the others.

As far as s people complaining, I do not know as we was inside the Office.

Was there an actual seat with something on it or was it apparent it was a come and take advantage as a que jumper? either way, they needed to be there to secure their spot. BTW. How old was the main instigator? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Was there an actual seat with something on it or was it apparent it was a come and take advantage as a que jumper? either way, they needed to be there to secure their spot. BTW. How old was the main instigator? 

There was no seats or anything else there. They just showed up. 

Most of them were young,  like 19-23.

Do they still have a "uni-queue" for "retirement, medical and education" at the new immigration building?  If so, then it's really unfair to expect the retirees and people with medical problems to compete with young student bullies to get one of the 70 queue tickets for the day.  They really should go back to have separate queues for these services like they did at Promenada before Songkran.

• Like 1

This is, believe it or not, a common problem in all countries.  It is just that in most countries the lower classes don't usually run into the upper classes.  My friends in China would not do it but they have in fact claimed to have had it done to them.

Remember that most of the Chinese populace is uneducated and are even referred to as that by others.  The problem is that most westerners have not the slightest idea of just how many 1.5 billion people are.  Try to catch a train or bus during spring festival.  It is an experience that only a lucky few wish that they had never had. :cheesy:

• Like 2

Maybe best to scare one off and than the others might back off.

They are not known for being big fighters, as at home they are not allowed to do so.

Jumping ques, however, is customary in China.

Edited by Deli
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Deli said:

Maybe best to scare one off and than the others might back off.

They are not known for being big fighters, as at home they are not allowed to do so.

Jumping ques, however, is customary in China.

Maybe not big fighters but they are WELL KNOWN to be cowards in all meaning of the word. so if they are 5 or 6 or even 10-12 people they will NOT hesitate to bombard you with kicks in the head stomach and maybe even put e knife inside you...  

Just be care full here i Asia and particularly in LOC (land of cowards)

glegolo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Maybe not big fighters but they are WELL KNOWN to be cowards in all meaning of the word. so if they are 5 or 6 or even 10-12 people they will NOT hesitate to bombard you with kicks in the head stomach and maybe even put e knife inside you...  

Par for the course in many countries now. New Zealand, Australia, Britain. Days of a one on one fight where it's over once the guy hits the ground are fairly much past us...

glegolo
Maybe a street corner fight but getting knifed at immigration?

Sure if short and obese then best mind your own business or get fit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, car720 said:

Try to catch a train or bus during spring festival.  It is an experience that only a lucky few wish that they had never had.

I have done this. ???? Beijing station trying to get back to Jiangsu. Sardines trying to move and not faint.

Back to queues. In line in a Chinese bank when one guy brassed in straight up to the teller. I yelled at him and after a bit of stunned silence the Chinese in the line joined in until he slunk back into line.

It is not unusual to be conducting business at the teller only to find somebody next to you begin trying to business across the front of you. The disappointing thing is that often the teller will stop with you and attend to the newcomer.

CM Immigration is the absolute pits!

Someone needs to take charge of these people and organise it for them.

Its not blooming rocket science !

Just needs a seperate line for each type of visa, use cheap barriers to from the lines, have the lines well signed, and a Security guard there to stop the ignorant Chinese, and other queue jumpers.

Job done.

• Like 1