Im in the Mood for some Western Food...

Nyezhov

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, blackhorse said:

Everybody you know lives in houses? That's unusual but of course you must be out in the sticks for that to be true

Nothing wrong with gas if it doesn't endanger others.

Yes, everyone I know lives in a house.  There are condo's here but I don't know anyone who lives in them. 

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

Why would I buy a dishwasher when I’m just a filthy renter?  It is interesting to know that some condos allow gas canisters.  Ultimately, I’d like to buy an older place and do a full gut remodel with a proper kitchen.

1 minute ago, Airalee said:

Why would I buy a dishwasher when I’m just a filthy renter?  It is interesting to know that some condos allow gas canisters.  Ultimately, I’d like to buy an older place and do a full gut remodel with a proper kitchen.

You do know that you can't own land.

There's a hatch in the wall of a middle eastern joint on corner Soi 5, and Sukh. opposite McD -but its been nearly 2 years- my memory may be all wrong. Anyway its a just a block or so on the same side of  Sukh. Rd. As the delightfully infamous Bier(hall)garten, if that still exists! The shawarmas there were OK. Or else just explore the Arab quarter around Nana Hotel and look at what's on their plates.

Be careful about kebabs outside of resteraunts. Bought one recently and decided I wasn't so hungry and removed the meat from the bread only to see that the bread was bright green from mold  

Dude had to of seen it when he threw the meat on

On 10/9/2018 at 5:18 PM, Nyezhov said:

Hmmm...I wouldnt mind a Pie. I havent had a pie in ages. Nor a slice of pizza.

Last week I made mince (pork) and onion pies.

This week I made chicken and potato curry pies.

This evening roast pork and chips for dinner.

Pies are dead easy to make, 20 minutes for the filling, and another 20 minutes to mix, roll, wrap and bake the pasty.

4 hours ago, Airalee said:

In that case you need the dishwasher (and also electric oven and washingmachine) to have it's own dedicated wall outlet with it's own breaker in the fusebox.

My (own built) western kitchen can use all equipment at the same time...that's the trick of a good kitchen imo.

Im our rented condo we also had gas from bottles, but when i bought an electric combi oven the wall outlet started melting with flames on it. Don't use electric ovens in condo's, the wires can't stand it.

In that case you need the dishwasher (and also electric oven and washingmachine) to have it's own dedicated wall outlet with it's own breaker in the fusebox.

My (own built) western kitchen can use all equipment at the same time...that's the trick of a good kitchen imo.

Im our rented condo we also had gas from bottles, but when i bought an electric combi oven the wall outlet started melting with flames on it. Don't use electric ovens in condo's, the wires can't stand it.
Try renting a condo that wasn't built in 1960.

14 hours ago, blackhorse said:

Be careful about kebabs outside of resteraunts. Bought one recently and decided I wasn't so hungry and removed the meat from the bread only to see that the bread was bright green from mold  

Dude had to of seen it when he threw the meat on

That was the lettuce 

On 10/12/2018 at 6:40 PM, Airalee said:

Depends how long you intend to rent for I guess.  

On 10/12/2018 at 11:10 PM, Thian said:

Run a wire from the electric shower fitting.

20 minutes ago, camble said:

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse on Sukhumvit Sois 19 or 11, Steakhouse Co on Patpong 2, or New York Steakhouse in JW Marriott.

Yeah, I guess I need to check my bank balance. Before I left the States I had a great Pittsburg style T-Bone in this little joint in Mooresville NC, cost me $90 (3000 bahtish) for a half kiloish, then one in a town called Denver NC where Prime Rib, Medium rare, half a kilo for $30 (900bahtish). I can only imagine what thats going to cost here. Maybe Ill just go to Sizzler ????

24 minutes ago, camble said:

Steakhouse Co has daily specials

https://www.thesteakhouseco.com/daily-specials/

El Gaucho on Soi 11 had featured half-price steaks on weekday afternoons, don’t know if they still do.

sigh, I know, half pounders for $20 plus......o well, off to eat Prawns!

8 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:
4 hours ago, camble said:

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse on Sukhumvit Sois 19 or 11, Steakhouse Co on Patpong 2, or New York Steakhouse in JW Marriott.

Is the Steakhouse at Patpong 2 any good?

Yes.  Had a few very nice steaks there.

Screw me upside down, I just went to Sizzler because: a) its 500 meters away at the mall, b) I had to go to the mall anyway c) I didnt feel like schlepping my ass downtown, d) I could just go in my T-shirt and shorts.

Report: for 700 Baht I got a "loin steak", probably 100 grams, a baked potato the size of a medium orange (it was a Yukon Gold type), 4 onion rings, a huge Caesar salad and a bowl of pasta with cream sauce...and a hunk of garlic toast and a lemon soda and a bottle of water. The steak was done PEFECTLY as ordered and was tender enough to cut with a spoon. It was actually flavourful too. It just looked so sad, considering at home I could be lumping down a 16oz Rib Steak for $10 more, but hey, it is what it is. All the sides were excellent, even the Caesar and the service was attentive.

Mind you in the states I wouldnt go to Sizzler because there are better options for the money.  For $20, I would maybe go to Waffle House or something like that. But all in all, I had my dose of meat (no comments please) and can now go back to my regularly scheduled unknown food out of some street wok for another few weeks.

Archived