Tattoo fail: Thai woman wanted a dandelion but she got crucifixes from "drunk tattooist"

webfact

Tattoo fail: Thai woman wanted a dandelion but she got crucifixes from "drunk tattooist"

4pm.jpg

Pictures (2): Sanook

A Thai woman went on Facebook - then to the police - after a drunk tattooist left her with much more than she bargained for. 

Isara or "Nong Kwang" had just gone home to Sakon Nakorn in Thailand's north east and decided to get a tattoo done on her back. 

It was the last day of a promotion and she went with her younger sister to a parlor in the town. 

She took with her a picture of a dandelion with its seeds floating away gently on the breeze. A fee of 300 baht was agreed to replicate the design on her back. 

news19-1.jpg

What she got was a bunch of what Sanook called crucifixes and what looked like a swirling black hole. 

Kwang said that throughout the work the tattooist was not only drinking beer and smoking cigarettes but was stroking her back repeatedly.

When this had gone on for the best part of an hour she was worried that the tattooist was doing too much and she demanded a mirror and that her younger sister look closely. 

She was horrified and confronted the tattooist who said: "It's called art - it's very similar to what you wanted". 

She declined his offer of repairs and went to Facebook where many posters said they had been to the same parlor with equally terrible results. 

Then she went to Phang Khone police. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-11

2 minutes ago, VillageIdiot said:

Som nahm nah for being so stupid, lass.

Before getting any kind of tattoo it's always a good idea to get a check-up from the neck up.

There may be a screw loose somewhere.

Why?

Nothing wrong with having tattoos. 

I have several. 

She made a bunch of mistakes.

First: check out the tattoo- place you want to go to, once or twice before hand.

Second: let the artist draw out the picture, he wants to ink you with, so you can check, if he is actually capable.

Third: never ever get a tattoo in the middle of the night, on an impulse! Remember, that it will be there forever!

Fourth: THB 300 for a tattoo...that already implicates low quality!

She should now to a CAPABLE tattoo artist and let him turn that disaster into a picture.

It is possible...just not for 300 THB

One of the worst tattoos I’ve ever seen in my life. Clearly not done by an artist, not even a drunk one. When you zoom in, it literally looks like its done by a 3 year old.

He should obviously be forced to shut down, as well as paying compensation, to say the least, but I can’t help not feeling too sorry for her either. Its your damn body girl, how can you be so dumb and let a drunk tattoo you and how about getting it done by a reputable artist in the first place? All it takes is a simple 5 minute google search. That’s it. Its very clear from the photo that either he was already very drunk when he began tattooing her or he simply has no skill what so ever. The entire thing looks like shit... except from the bird on the top left side... that isn’t suppose to be there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

26 minutes ago, DM07 said:

I have a bunch of tattoos and I don't slur people who don't!

It's called tolerance! 

I think the problem here is not a tattoo or even a bunch of them.

The problem is that she didn't care what they drunk guy it until it was too late.

300 bt should've been a clue as to what she was likely to acquire .. Tatt'ist reeking of booze and tab's should've been another .. Bird in this photo looks to have had a similar bodge job done with the cover up on the right .. If Nong Kwang wants this geeza to sort it out she'll have to travel as he ain't in Thailand ..

IMG_20181011_062828.jpg

I've seen some really HORRIBLE looking tattoos on Thai women, and some almost full body, jungle style tattoos on Thai guys that make them look like something out of a horror movie.

I saw someone say here lately that tattoos are a fundamental part of Thai culture. I don't know if that's true, and have never seen any elaboration of that.

I just know, some people seem to like to do some really ugly things to their bodies. And it's kind of hard to believe that they really wanted to spend the rest of their lives looking like that!

I'm personally not into tattoos, but at least if I see something that's artfully done (some look like color paintings), I can appreciate that. But many are just damn ugly and repulsive.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Kwang said that throughout the work the tattooist was not only drinking beer and smoking cigarettes but was stroking her back repeatedly.

Don't think this was a first experience for her (could be wrong though).

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Isara or "Nong Kwang" had just gone home to Sakon Nakorn in Thailand's north east

35 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've seen some really HORRIBLE looking tattoos on Thai women, and some almost full body, jungle style tattoos on Thai guys that make them look like something out of a horror movie.

I saw someone say here lately that tattoos are a fundamental part of Thai culture. I don't know if that's true, and have never seen any elaboration of that.

I just know, some people seem to like to do some really ugly things to their bodies. And it's kind of hard to believe that they really wanted to spend the rest of their lives looking like that!

I'm personally not into tattoos, but at least if I see something that's artfully done (some look like color paintings), I can appreciate that. But many are just damn ugly and repulsive.

...and still, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I very seldom see an attractive tattoo on an attractive person.

I would never have one on my body, but if I wanted one I wouldn't get it done in Thailand. I'm sure there are legitimate artists here, but these things are forever as are the diseases you may acquire along the way.

My 45 year old  Thai girlfriend has none and detests them herself, and I'm thankful for that.

I'm currently back in the States for 2 months and see quite a few, maybe even half, of guys/girls in the gym with way too much ink on their skin. It will surely look like s**t when their muscles and skin begin to sag from age.

All of the above is simply my worthless opinion, but I see absolutely no value added in the tattoo proposition, with plenty to lose in the bargain.

But hey, it's your body, not mine. Welcome to the monkey house.

Archived