‘Fake’ lawyer held after visa probe

snoop1130

5 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

After all this time who found him out.he must have had a good cover story to last this long.

Then, along came Big Joke, and the ground shook, and all the fake lawyers and visa agents gave themselves out after they were promised a more lenient sentence...

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Another case of extreme incompetence on the part of the RTP. One can only guess how many times the worm was reported before the toy cops did anything. 

And this is probably just the tip of the iceberg:

Surachate said the police probe had found Pairoj duped people many times over 10 years and he was wanted for another seven fraud arrest warrants in Bangkok, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Nakhon Ratchasima and Chiang Mai. 

And what were Immigration and the regular police doing about those 7 prior arrest warrants for the guy all those years, waiting for himself to voluntarily turn himself in?  Maybe they were too busy out rousting black people and holding weekly news conferences and having banners printed up....

7 hours ago, tonysilly said:

Work permit does not cost 3,000 bht   a proper one cost around 30,000 for the year   

I started to have work permit since 2012 and I always paid 3100 per year and 1900 for visa extension. Total 5000. Can you explain the 30k.

13 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

It took some time to react. He only did it for 10 years and nobody discovered it? It was only a complaint made by a farang.

I wonder if the farang was questioned as to why he would hire someone to do something obviously illegal. It takes two to tango.