Residents warned to take preventative measures against stroke

rooster59

4 minutes ago, owenm said:

Aspirin can and does cause internal bleeding, but considering the less than 100mg dose, compared to a regular aspirin with 500mg, I believe the benefits outweigh the risks long term.. 

Normal Aspirin in USA is 325mg which is why 1/4 size is 81mg.

11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Have you tried Gillette Pro?

I had the best non power type Gillette Pro blades and still getting cuts - now using Bic 3 blade with no cuts and blade lasts 2 or 3 times longer, many weeks.  Laser skin removals were a bloodbath.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

I had the best non power type Gillette Pro blades and still getting cuts - now using Bic 3 blade with no cuts and blade lasts 2 or 3 times longer, many weeks.  Laser skin removals were a bloodbath.

Grow a beard?

19 hours ago, howbri said:

I am guarding against stroke, heart disease, cancer, diabetes and many other diseases by eating a "plant-based diet". I eat no meat, no dairy and no eggs. NOTHING from animal protein which has been shown to cause the majority of chronic disease. The research is rock solid. Google "plant based eating".

We're omnivores not herbivores. Everything in moderation. 

We all die of something, you seem set on dying of boredom.

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

We're omnivores not herbivores. Everything in moderation. 

We all die of something, you seem set on dying of boredom.

Why would he die of boredom just because he changed his diet to exclude meat and dairy and instead substituted more healthy foods that would likely cause him to live a longer more healthy life?  I have vegan friends who are healthier than guys 10-20 years younger than they are and they don't need drugs to control blood pressure, diabetes and many other conditions associated with eating a less healthy diet.  I've other friends who through the their eating habits either can hardly get around or are pretty much bedridden / at least rely on a wheelchair to get them to the toilet.  If there's any chance I can hold off that problem for another 5 years then I'll opt for the more healthy options. 

4 hours ago, owenm said:

Cardiprin 100 is commonly available locally, and being base aspirin, you would need to weigh up the benefit pros and cons.. 

Even taking it 3-4 times weekly, rather than daily, as a preventative measure, would make very good sense for someone in the low risk group, to thin the blood and reduce the incidence of a stroke.. 

Someone in the higher risk group, overweight with incidence of irregular heart palpitations should consider a daily dose.. Aspirin can and does cause internal bleeding, but considering the less than 100mg dose, compared to a regular aspirin with 500mg, I believe the benefits outweigh the risks long term.. 

Strokes are a hidden killer and can strike anyone at any age at any time.. Prevention is always the best consideration though IMHO.. 

Just a small point;

'CARDIPRIN 100M- Each tablet contains 100mg ASPIRIN and 45 mg CLYCINE.' 

Direct from the box. 

30 minutes ago, RichardThailand said:

Why would he die of boredom just because he changed his diet to exclude meat and dairy and instead substituted more healthy foods that would likely cause him to live a longer more healthy life?  I have vegan friends who are healthier than guys 10-20 years younger than they are and they don't need drugs to control blood pressure, diabetes and many other conditions associated with eating a less healthy diet.  I've other friends who through the their eating habits either can hardly get around or are pretty much bedridden / at least rely on a wheelchair to get them to the toilet.  If there's any chance I can hold off that problem for another 5 years then I'll opt for the more healthy options. 

Veganism is clearly detrimental to one's sense of humour.

I wouldn't want to be in the same room as a vegan. All those raw Veges create a ton of gas

On 10/13/2018 at 5:11 PM, howbri said:

I am guarding against stroke, heart disease, cancer, diabetes and many other diseases by eating a "plant-based diet". I eat no meat, no dairy and no eggs. NOTHING from animal protein which has been shown to cause the majority of chronic disease. The research is rock solid. Google "plant based eating".

I am guarding against stroke, heart disease, cancer, diabetes and many other diseases by eating a "low carb diet". I eat very low amounts of carbs. NOTHING with sugar which has been shown to cause the majority of chronic disease. The research is rock solid. Google "low carb".

Therein lies the problem, whatever approach you take to nutrition, you can easily find evidence to support you.  Basics  might include avoiding processed food and sugar, which both low carb and plant based achieve.

Archived