Videoing and posting long immigration queue online

connda

I thought a recent post in the Southern Thailand forum was interesting.  The head of Satun immigration got transferred to an inactive post because of one instance of having a 5 hour queue at the Thai/Malay crossing in Satun.  Someone posted a video on social media and that got the attention of Immigration's upper management.

So, given that Chiang Mai Immigration has daily 5 hour queues (or longer) simply to obtain another queue number so you can be seen and processed later in the day, maybe it's time for Chiang Mai expats to video the morning queues everyday then post them on social media as well as having your Thai family and friends repost the videos to their Thai friends and aquaintences.  Do it every day until Thai Immigration acknowledges the problems in Chiang Mai.  No one should be turned away by Immigration if they are showing up at zero-dark-thirty.  The fact that they can not process those who show up daily is indicative of a much larger problem.  Also innclude video of the Chinese who have been rushing the queue at the last minute and queue hopping.  Immigration has an obligation to provide security to keep the order, but they don't.
So, if it takes video posted online to get the attention of the heads of Thai Immigration in Bangkok, then perhaps it's time to start taking and posting videos online.

Connda, are you nuts?  This sort of thing got me into big trouble out at Immigration Promenada and I was taking photos on mall property, not Immigration property.  Remember my photos, some of which were on Thai Visa of the queues, the goats, etc.  Thai officials just love to kill the messenger if they don't like the message.  Just look at what happened to the editor of CityLife magazine when she tried to cover the proposed rally about the air quality problem.

Archived