State of the Art Farming course

drtreelove

2 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

Well Dr T, little wonder that people who make a living supplying services may see their fees diminish if they supply real answers. Or they lack the confidence to define a prescription solution.

Your words, sounds like a judgement to me of you saying your right and their wrong. But its okay i understand when people feel their way is the only way.

5 hours ago, Notagain said:

Your words, sounds like a judgement to me of you saying your right and their wrong. But its okay i understand when people feel their way is the only way.

Say what?  Where do you get that interpretation?  

The ministry has drawn criticism from observers who charge, among other things, that, "The Agriculture Ministry has...become the mouthpiece for agro giants—and agricultural officials their salesmen." The criticism arises from Thailand's profligate use of farm chemicals. According to the World Bank, Thailand is the world's fifth largest user of farm chemicals, although its arable land ranks only 48th in the world. About 70 pesticides used in Thailand are banned in the West.[7]

According to the Thai government's The Eleventh National Economic and Social Development Plan (2012-1016), Thailand is number one in the world in the application of chemicals in agriculture. The report stated, "The use of chemicals in the agricultural and industrial sectors is growing while control mechanisms are ineffective making Thailand rank first in the world in the use of registered chemicals in agriculture

• Like 1

Our farm is in Sisaket province which is predominately rice paddy with one rain fed crop per year. Our area shows all the signs of this over use of chemicals. The area under cultivation is reducing as are yields despite ever increased chemical usage. Last rice yield figures I saw for the province in 2015 were 550Kg/rai at best to averages down to 400Kg and below. 

Things need to change quickly and it appears that some major efforts are getting underway. Got to stay hopeful and do what we can.

• Like 1

56aa2a8a-a3d9-49cb-a1a7-853d76559fca.jpg

This graph was produced by NutriTech, the course provider originally mentioned. They do soil and plant tests, this graph produced after tissue testing. Ultimately to "know" what is needed for not only yields but nutritional value this is the level we need. A long way from the basic NPK test.

• Like 1