Czech arrested on Koh Tao after overstaying visa 6 years

snoop1130

24 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

image.png.31c65b28f361e5bc56322de7a652036b.png

I'm intrigued by the pointing. Sooo...what's his meat and two veg got to do with the story?

Jealousy.......I also have to admit he appears to be one immigration officer who takes his role seriously...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will happen more and more if they really start a hard crackdown on low income earners. At the end of the day, some people have nothing to return to their country for - no house to live in and not enough money to live on that can provide food and a roof over their heads at Western prices.

Risk of getting caught or homelessness and destitution in their own country ? Not really a hard choice to risk the law in some cases.

I'm quite lucky in that regard. I still own my UK house and use the rental income, but I really feel for many people that I know that do not have any fall back, other than to hide form the Thai authorities if there is a serious clampdown.

23 minutes ago, Tradewind777 said:

He ran out of brown envelopes obviously...

I tend to agree with you. The standard of policing on KT has often been questioned and I think that this visa overstay confirms the doubts many posters have raised in the past.

That this man can stay continually on a small island for 6 years without raising any suspicion is a big joke.

It's no big surprise though since KT is infamous because of the frequency of suspicious happenings there!

29 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

someone grassed him up after 6years he kept a low profile on the island.maybe a thail lady jealous or something happened with them.they are many more hiding as well

Probably his own fault for boasting to someone he was on overstay.

I could probably live here forever if I kept my mouth shut and avoided official documentation.

Once you're in the country nobody ever asks about your VISA status.

What a horrific crime!

The poor victims of this vicious criminal!

The nerve of such criminals to stay within some invisible lines on a map LONGER than allowed by men in brown shirts with shiny badges!

Just imagine all the economic activity he caused and taxes he paid completely ILLEGALLY!

How can the Land of Something Something survive this wave of victimization of its sheeple by overstaying falangs?!? ????

"Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity."

- George Orwell, 1984 Chapter 9

8 hours ago, JLCrab said:

He wasn't really 'caught' --

"Police say they received an anonymous tip who said Ruzicka had been living on Koh Tao for six years without leaving the country" per KhaoSod link in OP.

Maybe, GF found new BF and wanted to get rid of the old?

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

But how would they track people down ?

Finding out where they live ?

Whenever you stay anywhere (be it at a hotel, a person's home, etc…) the owners of the place have to report you to immigration within the first 24 hours. So I guess if he stayed a few days at some hotel, it would be easy to find him. Since in my experience every hotel in Thailand does the passport scan and I guess that's to report you to immigration.

But if you rent a home through Airbnb or just pay someone locally, they might not know about these immigration rules and not report you. That way it should be quite easy to stay under the radar for a long while.

The question is, how was this guy financially supporting himself in Thailand for 6 years? He couldn`t have been living on thin air.

Farang criminals and over stayers in Thailand could not function without the support and collaboration by Thais. It could be said that his Thai girlfriend was harbouring a law breaker, so why is she not being prosecuted as well? 

The Thailand ban is useless. These people just changed their names, obtain new passports and soon back again and the 20000 baht fine is a joke. No deterrents at all to stop long term visa over stayers.

Archived