Thais scream outrage as foreigners wear "Thai flag" on their feet!

webfact

Thais scream outrage as foreigners wear "Thai flag" on their feet!

3pm1.jpg

Pictures (2) Sanook

Netizens were furious that fashion footwear depicted what they saw as the Thai flag on shoe designs. 

They demanded action and jail terms. 

But a museum in Thailand has pointed out that these are foreigners in their own land - they could only be in trouble if the offence was committed in Thailand. 

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUwOC83NTQwODAyLzdfMS5qcGc=.jpg

The shoes with straps and holding pieces in the colors of the Thai red, white and blue flag appeared on Facebook on the site of "Vogue Paris".

The Thai Flag Museum in Thailand pointed out that no one has a "copyright" on those colors or that design. 

Furthermore the designers could not be prosecuted as the shoes were made and displayed outside Thailand.

They listed several regulations regarding the display and positioning of the Thai flag that apply in Thailand. 

Were the shoes to have been made or even worn in Thailand then people could face a fine of 2,000 baht or a year in jail. 

Thaivisa notes that Thai people are very sensitive when it comes to connecting anything of importance with the feet. 

Feet should not be used for pointing or associated with objects of religious or national importance, for example.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-16

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The person/people who designed the shoes should threaten anyone who criticizes them with defamation. 

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

But a museum in Thailand has pointed out that these are foreigners in their own land - they could only be in trouble if the offence was committed in Thailand. 

Well, if anyone or any institution knows about international law, it would be a museum in Thailand. 

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I dont see much respect and concern tor other nationalites and/or customs, so why should they be so sensitive and demanding !

exactly. Ask an Isreali if he fancies staying in a hotel room with a Hitler pic on the wall.

16 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I dont see much respect and concern tor other nationalites and/or customs, so why should they be so sensitive and demanding !

I don't see that one can expect anything different from a nationalistic monoculture with a poor education system.

This just symptomatic of the ultra nationalism that the elite have propagated to ensure there own survival, and this notion of somehow Thai society is somehow unique

I've seen so many swastika's and pictures of Hitler on T shirts of kids walking around Bangkok, the most infamous mass murderous regime in history, yet they are outraged about colors of the Thai flag on a pair of shoes!

If it wasn't so ridiculous it would be tragic

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

I see my home flag on Thai heads, chests, kybers, handbags etc daily with no such protests from these professionally outraged netizens.

I wonder if the Thai flag printed on toilet paper would be deemed offensive? I mean the netizens could at least make use of it as theyre' good at talking sh **

41 minutes ago, webfact said:

But a museum in Thailand has pointed out that these are foreigners in their own land - they could only be in trouble if the offence was committed in Thailand

As those are also French colors ... and British ... and American and the list goes on. I doubt that explanation will be made or make a difference for the enraged netizens because hey getting a good rage going is what it is all about!  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, LomSak27 said:

As those are also French colors ... and British ... and American and the list goes on. I doubt that explanation will be made or make a difference for the enraged netizens because hey getting a good rage going is what it is all about!  :thumbsup:

Agreed, but do not forget also that the majority of Thais have probably never heard of France, Britain, America, etc. They certainly would not know the flags of those countries. Next they will be demanding we change our flag colours as they are reserved for the Thai flag....????

And of course this "flag museum" would know .......

Australia
Chile
Cuba
Czech Republic
Democratic People's Republic of Korea (a/k/a North Korea)
France
Iceland
Lao People's Democratic Republic (aka Laos)
Luxembourg
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Panama
Russian Federation
Samoa
Slovakia
United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Island
United States of America

If we count Taiwan, which is not a UN member, that would bring the total to twenty one if you include THAILAND.

ALL share the same colors !

43 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Because they have been brainwashed from birth.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Were the shoes to have been made or even worn in Thailand then people could face a fine of 2,000 baht or a year in jail. 

The French Foreign Office had better send a warning out to its citizens not to wear French shoes in Thailand.

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Ghengis, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao all dispute your claim.

Anyway as this is a Paris fashion, I would suspect French flag colours.

Well I’ll grant you the ‘most’ murderous is probably debatable and a little subjective, but you get the point.

I was also thinking, why conclude these are thai flag colors, not like they are unique to Thailand

Which is kinda why this hyper nationalist culture that they seem to what to nurture is so destructive

Archived