Thais scream outrage as foreigners wear "Thai flag" on their feet!

webfact

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not ok to wear shoes with red, white and blue colors because it looks like the Thai flag, but wearing shoes with the Brazilian flag is ok lol

The Buddhist teaching of the golden rule is widespread in Thailand I see, or is it only when it suits Thais?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Just to balance thing up, also found on Lazada Thailand and this is from a local seller rather than from overseas.

Yes, they are LED shoes.

If I was an American I wouldn't know what to be offended at most, Somchai treading on my flag or how gaudy they have made my flag look.

US shoes.jpg

4 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

We live in the age of taking offence and being outraged over trivial issues, promoted by the media and spread through the internet.

Thankfully, older folks are less influenced or offended by social media BS!

When the World Cup was on, you could buy flip flops and sandals in Thai department stores with flags/colors of all the big teams. Fortunately for Converse there isn't much likelihood of Thailand making a World Cup anytime soon.

Image result for world cup flag sandals thailand

5 hours ago, baboon said:

The oversensitive will always be with us. Let them get on with it...

Yet how many Thais wear shirts and shorts (and possibly underwear) with flags of other nations on them? That is apparently OK though in Thailand.

To have to have it explained to them that its in a different country and Thailand has no influence and  Thailand does not own the colours and other flags have the same colours  really says it all.

You really have wonder what the IQ is for the majority of Thais, but an intellectually challenged populace (thick as ) thats what the ruling classes want 

Boy oh boy, am I gonna complain to the Thai authorities the next time I see a Thai wearing red, white, and blue shoes or flip-flops!!!  I'm incensed.  The person in the picture is wearing American flag colors near their feet!  And the French should be angry too!  As well as the Russians, North Koreans, Costa Ricans, my God, half the world's population should be simply Shocked!!!  :shock1:

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

FRANCE: The colors and design of the cockade are the basis of the Tricolour flag, adopted in 1790. The only difference was that the 1790 flag's colors were reversed. A modified design by Jacques-Louis David was adopted in 1794.

THAILAND: The Thailand flag was officially adopted on September 28, 1917. Red is said to symbolize the blood of life, white the purity of the Buddhist faith, and blue the monarchy. The blue and white stripes were added to the flag during World War I.

USA: On June 14, 1777, the Continental Congress passed an act establishing an official flag for the new nation. The resolution stated: “Resolved, that the flag of the United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation."

You forgot The Netherlands, they have their flag since 1572

30 minutes ago, kkerry said:

When the World Cup was on, you could buy flip flops and sandals in Thai department stores with flags/colors of all the big teams. Fortunately for Converse there isn't much likelihood of Thailand making a World Cup anytime soon.

Image result for world cup flag sandals thailand

OMG! The Horror!!!

Archived