Thais scream outrage as foreigners wear "Thai flag" on their feet!

webfact

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, nikmar said:

exactly. Ask an Isreali if he fancies staying in a hotel room with a Hitler pic on the wall.

So let me understand something here, only Israelis are suppose to be offended by Nazi and Hitler motifs on hotel walls? is that what you have learned from history?...

28 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

"treat others as you would expect them to treat you !" springs to mind.

HYPOCRITES !

Somewhere in the archive of this website is an old thread (12+years?) re an Aussie firm producing a limited edition run of 200 pairs of trainers featuring the Thai flag, resulting in diplomatic Teddy's exiting prams & subsequent appeasement. I'm tempted to count how many violations of western flags I see today while out and about...

11 minutes ago, ezzra said:

So let me understand something here, only Israelis are suppose to be offended by Nazi and Hitler motifs on hotel walls? is that what you have learned from history?...

beg your  pardon. Ask ANYONE if he fancies staying in a hotel room...........

Priorities here are puzzling. Corruption, negligence, hard drugs, child prostitution and only Buddha knows what else. Now Thais are reacting much as their Republican counterparts in the United States. Just Amazing.

Ridiculous. If Thailand's educated people are thinking that they have the rights on those colors for their own flag, then there is no saving them from never ending idiocy.

FRANCE: The colors and design of the cockade are the basis of the Tricolour flag, adopted in 1790. The only difference was that the 1790 flag's colors were reversed. A modified design by Jacques-Louis David was adopted in 1794.

THAILAND: The Thailand flag was officially adopted on September 28, 1917. Red is said to symbolize the blood of life, white the purity of the Buddhist faith, and blue the monarchy. The blue and white stripes were added to the flag during World War I.

USA: On June 14, 1777, the Continental Congress passed an act establishing an official flag for the new nation. The resolution stated: “Resolved, that the flag of the United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation."

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

I wonder if the Thai flag printed on toilet paper would be deemed offensive? I mean the netizens could at least make use of it as theyre' good at talking sh **

No one, I repeat no one use "toilet paper" in Thailand. Ever heard of 'bum guns'?

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Agreed, but do not forget also that the majority of Thais have probably never heard of France, Britain, America, etc. They certainly would not know the flags of those countries. Next they will be demanding we change our flag colours as they are reserved for the Thai flag....????

Does that make Thailand the HUB  of flags? 

54 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

The only reality for most of the population is Planet Thailand. The majority will never be able to afford to see how the rest of the universe live.

One trip to Europe, UK or Scandinavia should confirm them that they're not wrong about their ideas...  :whistling:

All this tells me is that Thais are so badly educated, so insular, so protectionist and ignorant that they have absolutely no idea whatsoever that other countries employ the same colours for their own flags, and Thailand has no monopoly over the colours that can be used elsewhere in the world.

Given what I have seen of the Thai military, a plain white flag might suit them better ...  

Thai flag, or french, or USA, or Australia, or New Zealand, etc.... grow up Thailand, you are not the only nation on earth.

And let's not forget sporting teams, school colours etc.

Sorry Mister Fixit, should have read all the posts, before adding mine.

31 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Thai flag, or french, or USA, or Australia, or New Zealand, etc.... grow up Thailand, you are not the only nation on earth (...)

And not the center of the world either!

Same with that recent "news" item, that "Foreigners just don't understand elephants..."

- Hello, World to Thailand: there are Asian elephants in Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Vietnam, and China.

(Not to mention the African ones.)

Thais should really spend some money on their educational system, and stop trying to keep the kids stupid and uneducated, just to preserve the feudal system.

Every poor farmer, security guard, or beggar in Phnom Penh or Vientiane knows more about the world than middle-class Thais!

I don't even understand how Thais can always only eat Thai food, watch Thai movies, and listen to Thai music. Is that an IQ or malnutrition thing?

Archived