Used car price list?

PAV123

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

So have I. The used Vios I bought from a farang is still going strong after 70,000 km of my use.

The Merc I bought from an Asian was a different story. Cheap bastard put water in the radiator instead of coolant, and ran it on 91 octane instead of the recommended 95.

No service records. Admittedly I took a punt on the W124 engine being durable; however, it was anything but. Sold it a few months ago, thankful to be rid of it. An expensive lesson.

It's going to get very interesting when higher mileage CVT used cars flood the market. CVT's are very expensive to replace/repair, and they demand meticulous maintenance plus premium transmission oils. I'm willing to bet many Thais will skimp on maintenance costs, with inevitable consequences. I understand the Nissan CVT's are particularly vulnerable.

You're entitled to your opinion. However, the lack of detail to support the opinion detracts from its credibility.

I was not aware of that and will ensure good maintenance , my partner bought a Mitsubishi Attrage , now 1 year old and have to say it drives well up to now

On 11/18/2018 at 6:59 AM, Lacessit said:

Your experience is?

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The Merc I bought from an Asian was a different story. Cheap bastard put water in the radiator instead of coolant, and ran it on 91 octane instead of the recommended 95.

No service records. Admittedly I took a punt on the W124 engine being durable; however, it was anything but. Sold it a few months ago, thankful to be rid of it. An expensive lesson.

Bought 4 cars and many bikes from Thai people.

I know vehicles and know what to look for.

Those with lesser experience can have someone knowledgeable accompany them to check condition.

EG - a simple removal of the rad cap and inspection of the inside of the radiator would most likely have revealed problems described above.

Due Diligence is key

“Act in Haste, Repent at Leisure"

David Foster Wallace,

14 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Bought 4 cars and many bikes from Thai people.

I know vehicles and know what to look for.

Those with lesser experience can have someone knowledgeable accompany them to check condition.

EG - a simple removal of the rad cap and inspection of the inside of the radiator would most likely have revealed problems described above.

Due Diligence is key

“Act in Haste, Repent at Leisure"

David Foster Wallace,

Did Dave have a hemi Dodge Charger ....????

PS. Hope you took the rad caps off when cold....????