Trump reluctant to abandon Riyadh over missing journalist, wants evidence

webfact

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Oh really. Do tell.

The audio recording of the lead Saudi interrogator telling the Consul, who was protesting the de-fingering in his office, to "shut up if he wants to live when he returns home" seems damning.

I don't think this was a rendition gone awry. Decapitating someone seems more than likely to lead to death?

But keep digging, I'm sure you'll come up with a mutually acceptable line of defense.

The next bit is pretty damning too...

A top Saudi doctor of forensics had been brought along for the dissection and disposal of the body — an addition to the team that Turkish officials have called evidence of premeditation. And as the agents cut off Mr. Khashoggi’s head and dismembered his body, the doctor had some advice, according to the senior Turkish official.

Listen to music, he told them, as he donned headphones himself. That was what he did to ease the tension when doing such work, the doctor explained, according to the official describing the contents of the audio recordings.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Oh really. Do tell.

The audio recording of the lead Saudi interrogator telling the Consul, who was protesting the de-fingering in his office, to "shut up if he wants to live when he returns home" seems damning.

I don't think this was a rendition gone awry. Decapitating someone seems more than likely to lead to death?

But keep digging, I'm sure you'll come up with a mutually acceptable line of defense.

You've misquoted me a bit there .

We were talking about Riyadh giving orders to kill him .

Riyadh could have given orders to interrogate him and then bring him back to Saudi and there interrogators may have gone too far and accidentally killed him and then decapitated his body and disposed of it 

2 hours ago, Tug said:

The Saudis aren’t going to kill any arms deal with us over this botched murder of a journalist it is a perfect opportunity to hold their feet to the fire (well deserved I might add)that would take leadership and courage sadly lacking in this administration 

The more likely direction of any such supposed holding-feet-to-fire would be to get better terms on future deals, amend conditions of previous ones, and pressuring SA to comply with standing items on the agenda (examples - oil production and price, regional geopolitical affairs). 

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

All the furor that is has caused would be a reason as to why they wouldnt want to do it at the Embassy  , it would have been better to get him to Saudi and make him disappear there , if thats what they intended to do .
  If they wanted him dead , they could have done it away from the embassy and leaving no evidence 
If you commit the alleged crime in your embassy I would think you can can manage the witnesses. If you do it in the street witnesses could be a problem?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I'm sure they have some local euphemism for what they did, I mean they've been doing it for a long, long, long time.

I will stipulate that that MbS did not write down orders to kill Khashoggi.

It seems like U.S. intel had advanced knowledge about some plot that might endanger Khashoggi, but I'm sure MbS checked with Jared before implementing the plan. Maybe he just told Jared they wanted to bring him back to Saudi Arabia for a "chat" and Jared said, in his squeaky voice, "sure".

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

It needs to be established whether the order was to kill him .

Seems like the order was to take him back to Saudi Arabia .

Seems like the interrogators made a mistake in their handling of the situation .

Put the integrators on trial  and thats all that needs to be done

Giving the kidnapping part a free pass there, never mind the torture bit.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

The more likely direction of any such supposed holding-feet-to-fire would be to get better terms on future deals, amend conditions of previous ones, and pressuring SA to comply with standing items on the agenda (examples - oil production and price, regional geopolitical affairs). 

Rare that I could agree with you. But on this post, I agree. Why? Because that would be within true Trump style. Right or wrong, morals be dammed, just black mail the bastards !

3 minutes ago, neeray said:

Rare that I could agree with you. But on this post, I agree. Why? Because that would be within true Trump style. Right or wrong, morals be dammed, just black mail the bastards !

Are you concerned about justice for Khasoggi , do you want his killers bought to justice or are you just using this story, his death, to bash Donald ?

10 minutes ago, poohy said:

What about the millions dying in the Saudi lead USA sponsored genocide in Yemen.

Look, stop exaggerating , there are not "millions dying in a USA sponsored genocide in Yemen" .

I deleted the rest of your post because I didnt read it , stop posting nonsense 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

It would be rather extreme for the USA to cut ties with Saudi Arabia , just because one journalist may have accidentally died during questioning 

It's very upsetting when one hear's conflicting stories! Hopefully ,Pompao will get to the truth,being the head of the CIA at one time!

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Are you concerned about justice for Khasoggi , do you want his killers bought to justice or are you just using this story, his death, to bash Donald ?

Justice is my number one concern. Seeing your Donald handle something honestly for a change without playing dodge ball is my number two concern.

Why must he always protect the thugs !!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Look, stop exaggerating , there are not "millions dying in a USA sponsored genocide in Yemen" .

Well, can we get back to you after ~ 10 million die in Yemen from famine next year?

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

"Some on the right in the US have attempted to portray Khashoggi as an extremist due to his interview with Osama bin Laden and ties to the Muslim Brotherhood"

Some might ask why he was given a Green Card, but I do understand the need to obfuscate the current view which looks quite damning. Portraying the "dismembered one" as the bad guy is but one of several options. Go for it.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I don't want to talk about any of the facts.

The fix is in already and it is all about arms, money, US jobs and oil.

5 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Given Trumps ability to deny virtually anything I see no problem with just the disappearance of one man, who incidentally was a journalist, not his favourite species. Anyway, whats all the fuss about a lone specimen when your exports to the KSA are killing thousands of innocent people in the Yemen. That's the world of business, who cares about a few bodies. 

Exactly.

1 minute ago, neeray said:

Justice is my number one concern. Seeing your Donald handle something honestly for a change without playing dodge ball is my number two concern.

Theres no need to call him "your Donald" , he isnt my Donald .

Donald isnt protecting anyone , although you can understand him not wanting the USA to fall out with S.A. over this matter . 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I deleted the rest of your post because I didnt read it , stop posting nonsense 

What Absolute ignorance!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, neeray said:

Because the thugs always protect him.

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Gives new meaning to the term "Bag Man"?

At $100 million a pop one can see Trump figuring how to get Jim Acosta, and a few others, to report from Saudi Arabia. Who needs "Arms" deals when we can throw in all the body parts. Pure profit, and win-win.

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Gives new meaning to the term "Bag Man"?

At $100 million a pop one can see Trump figuring how to get Jim Acosta, and a few others, to report from Saudi Arabia. Who needs "Arms" deals when we can throw in all the body parts. Pure profit, and win-win.

I believe the article that the payment was scheduled to arrive based on commitments made many months ago. The timing however begs askance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

You've misquoted me a bit there .

Riyadh could have given orders to interrogate him and then bring him back to Saudi and there interrogators may have gone too far and accidentally killed him and then decapitated his body and disposed of it 

Riyadh could quite easily have drugged him, put him in a diplomatic baggage, shipped him off to Riyadh and done the whole job there and then disposed of him.

Instead it seems as though they managed to FUBAR the job and this is the resultant mess.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1