Forex as a Part-Time — Can It Be Profitable?

Forex as a Part-Time — Can It Be Profitable?

Forex often seems like something unreachable. And yet, there are ways to make money on Forex without breaking the bank — in fact, you won’t even have to spend your whole day on the market.

What is Forex

Forex is an international exchange where governments, banks and enterprises trade currencies. This is actually where the value of each currency is generated, according to the rules of the free market.

The exchange is not exclusive — anyone can come and trade on directly Forex. Well… Everyone who is willing to comp 6 000 USD monthly for the terminal.

However, there is a way to enter the Forex without being made of money. You just need a broker.

Who are the Forex brokers

Forex brokers are companies that provide access to the exchange through their own terminal. They take a fee for each transaction, but as long as you do not trade in hundreds of thousands USD monthly, trading through the broker is more profitable.

Brokers also offer leverage — a short-term borrowing of additional funds in order to increase your profits. Of course, they protect their loans, so if your trade strategy fails — you will lose your initial margin. However, as long as your strategy is alright — leverage is a great tool for trading with low initial investments.

How to trade on Forex

The actual process is simple:

• Find a broker;
  • Open a trading account;
  • Place a deposit;
  • Install MetaTrader 4;
  • Start trading.

However, trading itself is not that easy. Buying low and selling high works, yet it takes some practice before you can realise which is which. Reading Market Overviews and Daily Forecasts helps, but they are rarely 100% certain.

In fact, we recommend that before you put any real money in the account, you should learn the basics of Forex trading and play around with a demo account for a couple of weeks. Only after you are confident in your abilities should you start risking your own money.

Conclusion

Trading on Foreign Exchange is a good way to get additional income:

• Forex has many currency pairs and opportunities for trading;
  • Forex is well-documented and rather easy to learn;
  • Forex does not require a large starting investment.

Forex is not perfect — there are scammers, dishonest dealers and simply bad luck. But as long as you know what you are doing and are willing to learn on your mistakes — it’s a great opportunity.

P.S. If you are looking for a good Forex broker, try JustForex. For the last 5 years, we’ve been serving millions of traders from 146 countries. We make sure that our customers become successful traders and offer free education for the newcomers to the market.

At least get some basic knowledge before even contemplating depositing any funds. You can easily wipe out your entire account with one losing trade if you do not know what you are doing. Any dreams of making money trading forex will be shattered and you would most likely walk away from it calling it a scam, when in reality it was simply a lack of knowledge that caused your loss. Do it the safe way and get some training first.

Easy forex trading lessons are available for free to anyone with an interest.

Edited by GrahamMaddison

Been doing it for years, forex is the most difficult thing I ever came across in my life. Very close to impossible to be profitable. I only continue because I invested so much time and effort for years. If you really want to try, use a demo account for at least 6 months, and then treat your real deposit as a lost gamble. And be prepared to spend countless hours monitoring your charts because this notion of "set-and-forget" trades is a myth. You must constantly be prepared to "stop-and-reverse" and hedge your losses, forcing you into many sleepless nights. Forex is not about predictiong where it's going, that's impossible unless you have really really good indicators that you won't find online, and even then, the markets are 100% manipulated so that it will give you a signal for a specific direction, and when every one is in, it shoots the opposite way. It is ONLY about money-management, and more likely losses-management. And then you must realize that brokers are not your friends, they are out to get your money too. Some are even criminal enterprises where you will never see the color of your profits. That's why it is very unethical to write articles enticing people to start forex and join a specific broker. Make your due-diligence VERY seriously. Even good brokers can go bankrupt if they are not properly funded. In January 2015, a big news from swiss governmment rocked the market creating a tsunami of instantly wiped-out accounts that even the famous broker "Alpari" got bankrupt. And it happened in half a second, and even if you had a stop-loss in place. So believe me, think twice before you embark on your dreams of placing a trade from your iPad and then off to the beach... That won't happen any time soon.

• Thanks 2

Tried it once with a demo account. Just messing around I thought OK you really have a 50/50 chance of being right on whether you buy or sell. Can you believe that 19 out of 20 of my trades lost money. Probably a good lesson. Never went near it again 

Den

It's hard work and long hours 

You can't relie on markers or a programme I did it I made a 5 % return per month on my equity. If you don't want to put the hours in. Buy property and collect the rent 

But if you want to try go the dummy account for 12 months and teach yourself don't relie on what you read or lean of the net or a seminar 

If you want to or are interested in actually making money with Forex please PM me. No gimmick, Not a get rich quick scheme, requires the minimum knowledge and you don't need a vast pot of cash to start. I will help you to get set up and help you with the ins and outs. 

• Haha 1