Thailand's Phuket smartens up to bring tourists back

Jonathan Fairfield

Every person will be given one of these.(sold,rented one) the simple question is how many of the Chinese tourists would of survived the sinking of the Phoenix wearing one of these plastic cards.its a pathetic idea and money maker sold to the Thais the same as the fake bomb detectors they were sold years ago.

• Like 1

given the security and safety that I have seen on some boats, amongst others in Thailand, including not knowing how many passengers boarded, are onboard, went swimming, snorkeling, and how many arrive back, this would force some discipline on the boat operators.
( Even on some Scuba day-trip boats counting can be troublesome, once they did not notice there were free-loading passengers, on Jamaica that was ;-), took someone five days (x 3 dives ) to figure it out )

However, on topic: since all passengers will be recorded for H&S purposes, wonder how boat operators will explain the rise in passenger numbers to the taxman.

• Haha 2

Good or not.....what I read briefly it’s a headcount mechanism.

Can it track someone lost during a storm etc. It’s good that Systems are being implemented. If only to calm tourists fears

it needs to be effective.....

17 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

This is a great initiative.  It will speed up the process of identifying the deceased tourists, so their next of kin can receive their condolence baskets of fruit quicker.  ????

For 70 baht I want a wai, too!  ????

• Haha 2