Buying my first used car - some questions.

torrow

59 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

He's simply questioning the validity of the claim by noting the unreliable sources.

But I think you already knew that.

" 1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Ah - like the neighbors cousins housekeepers dog walkers uncle twice removed experience ...

My original post stands then ..."

And I don't know what you're talking about either, I made no claim! The wife bought a car without my knowledge a long time ago and it was a dud, it cost me a lot of money to try and keep it running, I sold the car privately to a sucker, just to get out from under, end of!.

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

And I don't know what you're talking about either, I made no claim! The wife bought a car without my knowledge a long time ago and it was a dud, it cost me a lot of money to try and keep it running, I sold the car privately to a sucker, just to get out from under, end of!.

Ok Simoh, I respectfully withdraw from this thread.    

I failed to express myself clearly.

"I sold the car privately to a "sucker", just to get out from under, end of!."     WoW!!      honesty?     Please put a warning sign out for whatever you sell, Sir.

I admit I prefer at all times an honest seller.  There are actually honest people in the world.    You don't sound like you are one of them.

Come back and claim you are very honest,  please.

3 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Another sucker like your wife you mean?

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Ok Simoh, I respectfully withdraw from this thread.    

I failed to express myself clearly.

"I sold the car privately to a "sucker", just to get out from under, end of!."     WoW!!      honesty?     Please put a warning sign out for whatever you sell, Sir.

I admit I prefer at all times an honest seller.  There are actually honest people in the world.    You don't sound like you are one of them.

Come back and claim you are very honest,  please.

I can be as bent as the next person if the situation warrants, sorry if that offends your morality but I'm not here to adhere to your standards on such things.

4 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I can be as bent as the next person if the situation warrants, sorry if that offends your morality but I'm not here to adhere to your standards on such things.

Well, at least you didn't come back making a claim  you're honest or trustworthy.    ????

6 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Well, at least you didn't come back making a claim  you're honest or trustworthy.    ????

Be careful, the fact that I would sell a used car to somebody that was in less than perfect condition is not a license for total character assassination or open season on insults! The fact is that people sell used cars with faults all the time, that's what this thread is about. I suppose purist believers might immediately give every potential buyer a written list of all known faults in order to maintain a clear conscious,  failing that they might just take said vehicle to the scrap yard and have it crushed rather than sell it someone else, it sounds as though in your world you might do one or the other, may I ask which! 

23 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I sold the car privately to a sucker, just to get out from under, end of!.

6 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

total character assassination or open season on insults!

You insulted yourself. And assassinated yourself.

But play the blame game.

I'm in awe of some posters here who have such high moral standards and apparently so much money that they can afford to fix every single problem on the used cars that they sell, just to keep a clear conscience.......money and profit, "no way will I have anything to do with such things, your satisfaction as a buyer of my used vehicle is paramount" - I wonder, do they offer warranties to their buyers and agree to reimburse them if they are anything other than totally satisfied. Caveat Emptor Caveat Venditor indeed!

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I'm in awe of some posters here who have such high moral standards and apparently so much money that they can afford to fix every single problem on the used cars that they sell, just to keep a clear conscience.......money and profit, "no way will I have anything to do with such things, your satisfaction as a buyer of my used vehicle is paramount" - I wonder, do they offer warranties to their buyers and agree to reimburse them if they are anything other than totally satisfied. Caveat Emptor Caveat Venditor indeed!

Back home when selling a ride I gave them a receipt which both parties signed saying "As seen and tested"..????

Archived