best 2 stroke bush cutter

I had purchased a KASEA bush cutter .........however  I am not sure it is up to the job that I want it to do  -  which is cut back high thick weed on a river bank.

The reason I state that is that the engine just gave out on me .........I must admit that to make any impression in the bush, I do have to run the blade at full throttle for long periods of time .

The guy who has fixed it , says I had to much oil, however I would have thought to much oil would not have blown the engine ......maybe I am wrong.

Anyway after it was fixed .........took the weed to task again and and has stopped working again .

getting to the point .  can anyone suggest a bush cutter which is required to cut more than just your average grass and weed, but small trees and thick weeds on the river bank which are over 6ft tall 

As I think it is time to buy a new one !!

Depends on your budget but after buying a 4 stroke cutter I will never buy a weak finicky 2 stroker again. Honda seems the best in quality and reliability. I have an ishikawa which is an exact copy of the honda (they build honda brush cutters) from do home for half the price of the honda and two years now no problems. Also you can run a bigger blade/string with a 4 stroke. It wasnt too much oil that killed your engine i suspect he leaned out your carb too much and burnt it up.

I've had a Mitsubushi for around 7 yrs, used weekly, and doesnt miss a beat. Changed the bar at the bottom for a disc shape with 3 steel cutters and that will cut through most things, simple to maintain etc.

Very impressed with it ! 

We have a Honda and after ten years of heavy use and abuse it is still going strong!

Only thing we have to change every year is the small rubber hose between tank and carb.

Yes they are more expensive but if you want to work with it and not constantly going to the shop to get it repaired,get a Honda!!

47 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I've had a Mitsubushi for around 7 yrs, used weekly, and doesnt miss a beat. Changed the bar at the bottom for a disc shape with 3 steel cutters and that will cut through most things, simple to maintain etc.

Very impressed with it ! 

Like you I have a Mitsubishi, brought it 6 months ago good bit of kit, has done a lot of work, I have found the 50:1 oil/petrol mix must be kept to or it will smoke, and oil the plug up, air cleaner needs cleaning regularly. 

I still say a 2 stroke has more power than a 4 stroke for the op's 6 foot grass go for a Mitsubishi, but I have found it can use a lot of petrol when worked hard, and the blades I use are heavy ,but I need the heavy blades for the work it has to do, cutting Nappier grass storks, the main reason I think for high fuel use .put a cord on it uses less fuel .

As for your old Chines thing, I would say the main jet in the carb is blocked, my old one I was always taking it apart and cleaning it, had enough in the end and got the Mistu .

These blads are good will go through anything, I buy them from our local weekly market, being serrated they do not need sharpening, 120 baht the pair  

RIMG0827.JPG

9 hours ago, kickstart said:

I still say a 2 stroke has more power than a 4 stroke for the op's 6 foot grass go for a Mitsubishi,

I have a Honda which is indestructible, quiet and clean to run and easy to start, and for my household and garden use it is great but I have to agree with Kickstart for heavy work such as described by the OP a two cycle is better.

Most professionals use two cycle I think because they run a higher RPM.

I bought a Honda 4 stroke, it's running very smooth and well. But not enough power to cut brush, barely enough for heavy grasses. Stihl or Husqvarna has the power needed and will last. But they are a different price. I use a Husqvarna in Europe and it does the job.

I have a two stroke (Kasei) and a four stroke (Honda).

The two stroke is stronger, but requires a proper mixture and makes a lot of noise/smoke. Somehow it doesn't like a string cutter, but does fine with a blade. The Honda loves the string cutter, will go for 6 hours on a tank if you don't rev it up and down all day like all my neighbors do with theirs (why do they use the throttle like a pump? Get your revs where you need em and go to work). The Honda doesn't have the same kind of strength for the blade cutter. We do use it for both though.

The Honda is about finished though. Many many hours over the years. It's in the shop now getting what might be it's last repair. In the spring I am getting a backpack Honda to replace it. The Kasei is less than a year old, so hard to tell how tough it is.

58 minutes ago, Pogust said:

I bought a Honda 4 stroke, it's running very smooth and well. But not enough power to cut brush, barely enough for heavy grasses. Stihl or Husqvarna has the power needed and will last. But they are a different price. I use a Husqvarna in Europe and it does the job.

I have said before I use to work for landscape firm in the UK, we had Stihl strimers,2 stroke engine, never a problem.

Where I live I have never seen a Stihl or Husqvarna, last new Stihl I saw for sale in the UK was equivalent 20 000 baht(and not the cheapest shop in town ), over here I would not know how much and getting spear parts could be a problem, probably a trip to Bangkok ?.

My Mitsubishi I brought locally  7800 baht and I have seen a good few in this area, I would say spare parts would not be a problem.

Curiosity got the better of me, and had a look at Stihl and Husqvarna bush cutters, found a Stihl for 5400 baht (list price 10800), that would be for a smaller model.

Husqvarna's 6975-9500 baht depending on modal, Home Pro sells a backpack Husqvarna 17000 baht.

Lazada says they have a Husqvarna 9800 baht.

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

Curiosity got the better of me, and had a look at Stihl and Husqvarna bush cutters, found a Stihl for 5400 baht (list price 10800), that would be for a smaller model.

Husqvarna's 6975-9500 baht depending on modal, Home Pro sells a backpack Husqvarna 17000 baht.

Lazada says they have a Husqvarna 9800 baht.

Ok that does not  sound too bad but if anything goes wrong who is going to fix it?It needs to be send back to wherver it came from and you will be without for a long time.Homepro does not repair things.In Europe i used Husqvarna also and it is very good equipment but here Honda can be serviced almost anywhere .

For me that makes good sense.

hello going back on topic 

What should the mixture content  be 

1)  a litre of gas ...........1 x oil bottle top of oil ......  (Thats the best description I can give !!) that was what I was doing  -   

or should it be less or more  

any good guidelines here ??  

14 minutes ago, oporhatch said:

hello going back on topic 

What should the mixture content  be 

1)  a litre of gas ...........1 x oil bottle top of oil ......  (Thats the best description I can give !!) that was what I was doing  -   

or should it be less or more  

any good guidelines here ??  

You should mix the right oil to gasoline ratio as instructed by the manufacturer of your machine.I remember years ago Stihl had small bottles of oil to be mixed with 5 liters of gasoline i found that very handy.

Archived