Shipping livestock within Thailand from Bangkok to Ubon

Latis

I am looking at buying 10 baby turkeys at Chatuchak Market and want to send them to my small farm in Ubon. Hiring a truck for THB 7,500 is an expensive way to send them. Is there a cheaper form of livestock postal/shipping service from province to province in Thailand. Is there a shipping system in Thailand that accepts livestock to be shipped?

Bronze turkey Ubon.jpg

2 hours ago, Latis said:

I am looking at buying 10 baby turkeys at Chatuchak Market and want to send them to my small farm in Ubon. Hiring a truck for THB 7,500 is an expensive way to send them. Is there a cheaper form of livestock postal/shipping service from province to province in Thailand. Is there a shipping system in Thailand that accepts livestock to be shipped?

My thought. 7500 baht for a truck to go 600 km to me seems fair as he has to return. Sometime back I paid 25k for a ten wheeler from CNX to Surin some 900 km.

Can they be sent by train? in the past iI have seen cockerels on trains. if it is still allowed. 

Put them in a proper well-ventilated box they should be ok, I would say it would be better than being in the back of pick up/truck with a load of other junk.

I go with Kickstart suggestions about a special logistics service.
I've seen them several times at various bus, van and train stations where they sent fighting cocks all across the country.
Have you contacted with the shop at Chatuchak?
My shop where I buy regularly things for my rabbits sends live rabbits and birds across Thailand as well.

1 hour ago, CLW said:

I go with Kickstart suggestions about a special logistics service.

No where in his post did he state that. As for checking with the seller I agree. But putting them on a buss or train for a 10 hour journey is a sentence to death.

2 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Hire the truck out right and have the driver make a few stops. Put them on a bus or train is a death sentence.

Why is it a death sentence, a carriage on a train is well ventilated, the young birds will be in a box and not moved about, yes a 10 hour overnight is a long time.

But got to be better than in the back of a shut up pick, or will it be an open top pick up bouncing up and down the whole time with Thailand's bad roads, that will be during the day, hot weather, the driver stops for 2-3 times, that could be a 12-hour journey ?

Can you fly them up? Bangkok -Ubon  1- 1 1/2 hours, I know baby chicks for battery farms come from aboard by airplane.  

We have had thousands brought us by private trucks that were driven over 800 km and in no way would we do this on a buss or train. The OP is looking for a cheep solution but he would like to have them survey. Personally If he looks about UBON he will find turkey chick.

Hi OP, what breed of turkeys are you looking to buy ?

We live 40 km outside of Ubon and have turkeys. Willing to sell some of them, have bronze or white. Young adults (hens and Stags), or some bronze baby turkeys, 2 weeks old. 

In the future, will also have some Norfolk Black tukeys available.

Archived