Jump to content

Just for fun -- list your first bites (of food) at Terminal 21 mall for "all eternity"


Jingthing

Recommended Posts

Let's face some basic truths.

 

The vast majority of locals and tourists are going to find their way to the talk of the town -- Terminal 21 Mall.

 

Sooner or later. Even people that go and say they didn't. (What happens at Terminal 21 stays at Terminal 21?)

 

A huge focus of the mall is FOOD, glorious FOOD.

 

So this thread is for listing (for "all eternity") the foods you ate the VERY FIRST TIME you visit Terminal 21 Mall.

 

Here are some rough suggested guidelines to follow on this thread. I know many won't follow them, but at least I tried --

 

-- Only post about your very FIRST visit

-- Do NOT post about LATER visits

-- Name the restaurants (or food court) where you got your food on your first visit

-- Name the dishes

-- If you ate at multiple places on your FIRST visit, list them all

-- Optional -- the REASON you chose what you chose, including because it was a special opening PROMOTION

-- Optional -- prices of dishes

-- Optional -- liked the dish or not

-- No judgements of people that choose to go to chain places available elsewhere in town (this is JUST FOR FUN, to document what people ate on their FIRST VISIT to the mall)

 

For more robust "reviews" or "mini reviews" of your food experiences at the mall (first visit and later) may I humbly suggest posting those to the "famous" Hit and Run Restaurant Review thread?

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We went to the food court "Pier 21"  it was very busy and hard to find a table

had various plates of   rice and pork, rice and omlette, rice and duck,yellow noodle soup ,tomyam goong and some of those dumplings in yellow wrapping can't remember their name.

good sized portions and cheap prices.

 

My wife also bough pretzels from Auntie Annie's..price unknown.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First bites at T21

Misoya Ramen
Hokkaido aburi chasu men
260 but half off discount this month. So 130
Liked

Hong Kong Noodle
Buy 3 Dim sum get one free
Fried taro thing
Har gow shrimp
Steamed rice cake with chive
BBQ pork bun
Hot tea
200
Liked

Searched all over for the cheese tea place. No luck.

Posted for "all posterity"

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites

Opening day at Italian Osteria.  Had the spicy half chicken and pistachio tiramisu. Review in Hit and Run Restaurant thread.  Before that sat in Pier 21 with my girlfriend but I didn't eat since I wanted to go to one of the restaurants.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If one likes to brave the mob mentality.....go to the Food Court....and if you are lucky you might find a table?

 

i just hung out at Foodland and enjoyed the freebies on the day....other than that it was the same crap, different day as far as I could taste and see.....😱😏👎

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ReMarKable said:

Any vegetarian food available?  I am a practicing Buddhist.

There may be some restaurants but I did see one vegetarian booth in Pier 21 nearest to the entrance on the theatre side.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm from NYC and I was born with pizza and bagels. The best pizza in Pattaya is now on 3rd floor, called Pan Pan Hollywood. Just take out a slice and go get an original root beer at A&W next to Foodland.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 During my first year in Thailand, my wife's at that time so-called friend and her new German husband took us to Terminal 21 Mall. We ate at Jeffer's and I ordered a steak. The menu picture looked delicious but the actual steak was smaller than a McD's hamburger pattie and required quite a bit of effort of chewing to swallow. Haven't eaten at any Jeffer's since. I have eaten several times at "Sunrise Tacos" usually on all you can eat on Taco Fridays. I rate them 8/10 compared to Mexican food in US outlets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

 During my first year in Thailand, my wife's at that time so-called friend and her new German husband took us to Terminal 21 Mall. We ate at Jeffer's and I ordered a steak. The menu picture looked delicious but the actual steak was smaller than a McD's hamburger pattie and required quite a bit of effort of chewing to swallow. Haven't eaten at any Jeffer's since. I have eaten several times at "Sunrise Tacos" usually on all you can eat on Taco Fridays. I rate them 8/10 compared to Mexican food in US outlets. 

The T21 Mall in Pattaya lacks both a Jeffers and any Mexican restaurant.

I predicted people would ignore the O.P. but now it's getting ridiculous!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The T21 Mall in Pattaya lacks both a Jeffers and any Mexican restaurant.

I predicted people would ignore the O.P. but now it's getting ridiculous!

 

And it's about to get more ridiculous.

 

Does the Pattaya T21 have the space age Japanese lavatories that I experienced in another T21?

 

Can anyone remember the first heat/jet/airflow setting they used?

 

No?......neither can I.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Does the Pattaya T21 have the space age Japanese lavatories that I experienced in another T21?

Yes they do but I only  did number 1s  not number 2s  so don't know what settings are best 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

have never even been to Terminal 21 Pattaya.

Well its only been open a couple of days  I'm sure "everyone" will get to visit eventually.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Enoon said:

Does the Pattaya T21 have the space age Japanese lavatories that I experienced in another T21?

 

Can anyone remember the first heat/jet/airflow setting they used?

Some advice re settings would be appreciated.

Am anxious to avoid further mishaps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Chicken Curry w/ roti and add on side of fish = around 75 baht with the added fish

 

Goong Oop Woon Sen - this was only 60 baht and came with 4 shrimp was rather

tasty 

 

 

20181020_154957.jpg

20181020_155001.jpg

Will be in pats next month. Can you direct me to the Goong oop woon sen please? My Thai friend calls it Ob Woon Sen Kung. But I like anything dish that says "oops". 5555

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Will be in pats next month. Can you direct me to the Goong oop woon sen please? My Thai friend calls it Ob Woon Sen Kung. But I like anything dish that says "oops". 5555

Pier 21 Food Court. San Francisco Floor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2018 at 7:45 PM, Jingthing said:

Pier 21 Food Court. San Francisco Floor.

Figured that. Can you direct me to the actual vendor so I am not looking around guessing. When hungry I want to efficiently find the provider. 5555

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Figured that. Can you direct me to the actual vendor so I am not looking around guessing. When hungry I want to efficiently find the provider. 5555

I recall it's on the right hand side towards the rear of the food court vendor area. There's a huge picture of the dish at the vendor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My first visit was the first day. 

I only walked around and then I decided to have my favorite Gyoza at the food court. Only 30 baht and it tasted the same as in Bangkok. I also had a fruit smoothie 30 baht, a coffee 30 baht, and a coconut icecream 25 baht . All this in the foodcourt. 

 

Eventually I will try the other places, but had a free burger at Arno's. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, elgenon said:

Figured that. Can you direct me to the actual vendor so I am not looking around guessing. When hungry I want to efficiently find the provider. 5555

 

Last vendor on the right hand side in back. Their sign says 'seafood' - there is a 10 min wait for this dish as it gets baked, so order it first and then come back for after grabbing your mango smoothie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2018 at 11:58 PM, JimmyTheMook said:

 

Last vendor on the right hand side in back. Their sign says 'seafood' - there is a 10 min wait for this dish as it gets baked, so order it first and then come back for after grabbing your mango smoothie.

Thanks! Excellent report and call. BTW I too am a mook. In the good sense of the appellation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...