Just for fun -- list your first bites (of food) at Terminal 21 mall for "all eternity"

Jingthing

Let's face some basic truths.

The vast majority of locals and tourists are going to find their way to the talk of the town -- Terminal 21 Mall.

Sooner or later. Even people that go and say they didn't. (What happens at Terminal 21 stays at Terminal 21?)

A huge focus of the mall is FOOD, glorious FOOD.

So this thread is for listing (for "all eternity") the foods you ate the VERY FIRST TIME you visit Terminal 21 Mall.

Here are some rough suggested guidelines to follow on this thread. I know many won't follow them, but at least I tried --

-- Only post about your very FIRST visit

-- Do NOT post about LATER visits

-- Name the restaurants (or food court) where you got your food on your first visit

-- Name the dishes

-- If you ate at multiple places on your FIRST visit, list them all

-- Optional -- the REASON you chose what you chose, including because it was a special opening PROMOTION

-- Optional -- prices of dishes

-- Optional -- liked the dish or not

-- No judgements of people that choose to go to chain places available elsewhere in town (this is JUST FOR FUN, to document what people ate on their FIRST VISIT to the mall)

For more robust "reviews" or "mini reviews" of your food experiences at the mall (first visit and later) may I humbly suggest posting those to the "famous" Hit and Run Restaurant Review thread?

We went to the food court "Pier 21"  it was very busy and hard to find a table

had various plates of   rice and pork, rice and omlette, rice and duck,yellow noodle soup ,tomyam goong and some of those dumplings in yellow wrapping can't remember their name.

good sized portions and cheap prices.

My wife also bough pretzels from Auntie Annie's..price unknown.

First bites at T21

Misoya Ramen
Hokkaido aburi chasu men
260 but half off discount this month. So 130
Liked

Hong Kong Noodle
Buy 3 Dim sum get one free
Fried taro thing
Har gow shrimp
Steamed rice cake with chive
BBQ pork bun
Hot tea
Liked

Searched all over for the cheese tea place. No luck.

Posted for "all posterity"

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If one likes to brave the mob mentality.....go to the Food Court....and if you are lucky you might find a table?

i just hung out at Foodland and enjoyed the freebies on the day....other than that it was the same crap, different day as far as I could taste and see.....????????????

During my first year in Thailand, my wife's at that time so-called friend and her new German husband took us to Terminal 21 Mall. We ate at Jeffer's and I ordered a steak. The menu picture looked delicious but the actual steak was smaller than a McD's hamburger pattie and required quite a bit of effort of chewing to swallow. Haven't eaten at any Jeffer's since. I have eaten several times at "Sunrise Tacos" usually on all you can eat on Taco Fridays. I rate them 8/10 compared to Mexican food in US outlets. 

12 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

During my first year in Thailand, my wife's at that time so-called friend and her new German husband took us to Terminal 21 Mall. We ate at Jeffer's and I ordered a steak. The menu picture looked delicious but the actual steak was smaller than a McD's hamburger pattie and required quite a bit of effort of chewing to swallow. Haven't eaten at any Jeffer's since. I have eaten several times at "Sunrise Tacos" usually on all you can eat on Taco Fridays. I rate them 8/10 compared to Mexican food in US outlets. 

The T21 Mall in Pattaya lacks both a Jeffers and any Mexican restaurant.

I predicted people would ignore the O.P. but now it's getting ridiculous!

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The T21 Mall in Pattaya lacks both a Jeffers and any Mexican restaurant.

I predicted people would ignore the O.P. but now it's getting ridiculous!

And it's about to get more ridiculous.

Does the Pattaya T21 have the space age Japanese lavatories that I experienced in another T21?

Can anyone remember the first heat/jet/airflow setting they used?

No?......neither can I.

10 hours ago, Enoon said:

Does the Pattaya T21 have the space age Japanese lavatories that I experienced in another T21?

Can anyone remember the first heat/jet/airflow setting they used?

Some advice re settings would be appreciated.

Am anxious to avoid further mishaps.

14 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Chicken Curry w/ roti and add on side of fish = around 75 baht with the added fish

Goong Oop Woon Sen - this was only 60 baht and came with 4 shrimp was rather

tasty 

20181020_154957.jpg

20181020_155001.jpg

Will be in pats next month. Can you direct me to the Goong oop woon sen please? My Thai friend calls it Ob Woon Sen Kung. But I like anything dish that says "oops". 5555

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Figured that. Can you direct me to the actual vendor so I am not looking around guessing. When hungry I want to efficiently find the provider. 5555

I recall it's on the right hand side towards the rear of the food court vendor area. There's a huge picture of the dish at the vendor.

My first visit was the first day. 

I only walked around and then I decided to have my favorite Gyoza at the food court. Only 30 baht and it tasted the same as in Bangkok. I also had a fruit smoothie 30 baht, a coffee 30 baht, and a coconut icecream 25 baht . All this in the foodcourt. 

Eventually I will try the other places, but had a free burger at Arno's. 

4 hours ago, elgenon said:

Figured that. Can you direct me to the actual vendor so I am not looking around guessing. When hungry I want to efficiently find the provider. 5555

Last vendor on the right hand side in back. Their sign says 'seafood' - there is a 10 min wait for this dish as it gets baked, so order it first and then come back for after grabbing your mango smoothie.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:58 PM, JimmyTheMook said:

Last vendor on the right hand side in back. Their sign says 'seafood' - there is a 10 min wait for this dish as it gets baked, so order it first and then come back for after grabbing your mango smoothie.

Thanks! Excellent report and call. BTW I too am a mook. In the good sense of the appellation.

Archived