Non-o-visa And Counting Days

I am a Swiss citizen, 63 years of age, with Swiss passport and counting the days in the weird world of Thai visa business due to the fact that I plan a trip to Europe on a given day.

In my temporary passport, valid till 20.11.07, it says that the triple non-immigrant “O” visa has to be utilized before May 29, 2007.

On March 6 I will make a border run to activate my second 90 days which leads me to the question what stamp I will/should receive: May 29, 2007 or June 5, 2007 or even something else?

If the stamp reads June 5, 2007 I will have to make another border run on May 28, 2007 to activate my 3rd 90 days. In this case I would have to leave this country on August 27, 2007 latest.

If however they stamp my passport May 28, since the visa has to be utilized before May 29, could my border run be done on the day of May 28 also or should it be on May 27 even making me then leave the country by August 26 already?

Many thanks for your precise answers. There are important in this case.

The first question is who issued a 3 entry non immigrant visa? This is indeed unusual as normally only single or multi entry are allowed, but it appears your passport would not allow a full year validity so someone improvised?

An entry is for 90 days counting day of entry as day one (regardless of visa validity date). But if you wish to use entry 3 you will have to make a new crossing/return before the visa expires.

The first question is who issued a 3 entry non immigrant visa? This is indeed unusual as normally only single or multi entry are allowed, but it appears your passport would not allow a full year validity so someone improvised?

An entry is for 90 days counting day of entry as day one (regardless of visa validity date). But if you wish to use entry 3 you will have to make a new crossing/return before the visa expires.

Visa was issued by Thai Consulate in Basel/Switzerland and triple entries were given to help out in some way and to fit my passports validity of 1 year at the date the visa got issued.

According your message I assume to plan a third border run for May 28 and should then get a stamp to leave the country by latest August 25. Correct?

Visa was issued by Thai Consulate in Basel/Switzerland and triple entries were given to help out in some way and to fit my passports validity of 1 year at the date the visa got issued.

Your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the planned entry date - so they write in their website in Zurich. Now I understand.

According your message I assume to plan a third border run for May 28 and should then get a stamp to leave the country by latest August 25. Correct?

Now I understand where the tripe entry non-o came from :o

You are correct, do a border run the day before your 'must use by' date and you'll get a full 90 day entry stamp.

In my temporary passport, valid till 20.11.07, it says that the triple non-immigrant “O” visa has to be utilized before May 29, 2007.

On March 6 I will make a border run to activate my second 90 days which leads me to the question what stamp I will/should receive: May 29, 2007 or June 5, 2007 or even something else?

When you enter on March 6 the entry stamp will read “admitted 6 MAR 2006 until 3 JUN 2006”

To utilise your visa to the fullest you make another visa run on May 28 and you will then be admitted until August 25.

--------------

Maestro

In fact I am still counting…..

and quite amazingly just figured out that when I enter Thailand on my planned 3rd border run on May 28, the validity of my temporary passport will be short a few days of the least 6 months required (passport expires November 20, 2007). Again I am not sure, if the 6 months count towards the issuance of a visa or of my 3rd and last entry and therefore I should advance my visa run to May 20 or even May 19.

I can get my new passport from my embassy here in BKK only and this at any time. Since I work on another new multiple Non-O-visa, I intend to go to Switzerland with the least stamps and visas in it and therefore plan to order it and have my stamp transferred after my 3rd border run only.

I do not want to take chances and ask you: Is my plan real? Or could I literally get stuck at the border and be given less than the 90 days if a nosy officer does find out? Or what could happen?

TIT, have a great day!

when I enter Thailand on my planned 3rd border run on May 28, the validity of my temporary passport will be short a few days of the least 6 months required (passport expires November 20, 2007). Again I am not sure, if the 6 months count towards the issuance of a visa or of my 3rd and last entry and therefore I should advance my visa run to May 20 or even May 19.

The requirement that a passport must be valid 6 months beyond the planned entry date applies to the visa application. You will have no problem doing your third entry on May 28 and get admitted for another 90 days.

--

Maestro