Shaving

Jessi

19 minutes ago, dddave said:

Bought mine at Home Pro.  Lazada has them as well.

If you're near a BoonThaWan, they have them as well, cheaper than HomePro.

How does it mount...double sided tape?

I've always used a wet shaver, & almost dread the routine in the morning. You know what it's like, taking time to get a good shave, coz if you don't, your face feels uncomfortable all day.

Used to use the Mach3, but just cannot justify to myself paying so much.

However, I discovered the BIC Hybrid 3......

110 baht for a 4 pack of 3 blades, & the razor handle is less than 100 baht.

Gives me a great shave, especially if I prepare my face by giving it a good clean with Neutrogenas scrub. Afterwards, whack some Boots No7 face cream on...feels like a baby's bum.

Smashing!

:laugh:

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

How does it mount...double sided tape?

Screws into the wall using plastic anchors.  

Between the leverage exerted using the expander and the wet environment, stick-on is not really an option.

I've never seen one with suction cups but could possibly be an option if you can't drill holes in the wall.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Screws into the wall using plastic anchors.  

Between the leverage exerted using the expander and the wet environment, stick-on is not really an option.

I've never seen one with suction cups but could possibly be an option if you can't drill holes in the wall.

Thats what I want is the suction cup one.  Should have brought one from the US.

Here's a tip that will keep you looking good.

Buy an electric rotary shaver, these can easily be sharpened using a glass mirror. You will never have to buy replacement blades and they will always remain sharp. 

You can't do this with a Braun electric shaver.

17 minutes ago, t8769 said:

Here's a tip that will keep you looking good.

Buy an electric rotary shaver, these can easily be sharpened using a glass mirror. You will never have to buy replacement blades and they will always remain sharp. 

You can't do this with a Braun electric shaver.

No need too.Braun self sharpen and slowly eat the foils doing so..

On 10/4/2018 at 12:18 PM, lopburi3 said:

Good luck - I have tried to use them off and on from age 20 to current 76 and have never found any that comfortable with.  They just do not shave anywhere near as close as a blade.  And with current multi blade shavers even cheaper blades are often very good.  I have been using Bic for last few years.

If you must have perhaps Aliexpress better than Lazada - even same items shipped directly from China are often a lot cheaper that a local reseller. 

Agree, I've tried electric but much cleaner shave and no shaving rash with 2 blade, 3 blade throw away razors.

Not the point here but 2 blade, 3 blade razors seem to be quite inexpensive here in Thailand however buy them in Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam much cheaper.

6 hours ago, blackhorse said:
11 hours ago, Nyezhov said:
Thats what I want is the suction cup one.  Should have brought one from the US.

Amazon ship here they may have it

I wont pay their shipping rates and Bezos has enough of my money. Plus he is a dick so its just as easy for me to rest my belly on the sink and do it the old fashioned way...

Sigh......

well, i used electric all my life in europe,

but they didnt work here in thailand,

both the battery will be half dead in a month,

and its so humid here so it didnt cut well.

now i use those primitive non electric stuff made of plastic,

i wont bother with electric in humidity again

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Agree, I've tried electric but much cleaner shave and no shaving rash with 2 blade, 3 blade throw away razors.

Not the point here but 2 blade, 3 blade razors seem to be quite inexpensive here in Thailand however buy them in Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam much cheaper.

I stock up on Schick razors when in the states....Find them much better (even at a month old) than what's available here....

Many of the long time electric razor users I've known seem to end up with what I'd call "shiny face syndrome).....I don't know whether it's due to the constant polishing effect of the razor itself, or the plethora of pre & post shaving potions/lotions sold to make the "closest" shave possible or the after application to lessen the daily motorized scrubbing damage an electric razor can inflict......

2 hours ago, poanoi said:

well, i used electric all my life in europe,

but they didnt work here in thailand,

both the battery will be half dead in a month,

and its so humid here so it didnt cut well.

now i use those primitive non electric stuff made of plastic,

i wont bother with electric in humidity again

Here's my primitive razor, but it's made of Sheffield steel, not plastic. ????

wade_razor_1815.jpg

On 10/6/2018 at 8:32 AM, BaanOz said:

Latest is a Braun 7

I have just purchased one of these , I know you can take the head off but I find it hard to clean the blades with the brush  , or am I missing something ?

On 10/8/2018 at 5:14 PM, NE1 said:

I have just purchased one of these , I know you can take the head off but I find it hard to clean the blades with the brush  , or am I missing something ?

I just take the head off and blast it both sides with hot water from the tap.
Do the same with the open top of the shaver.
Put the head back on and dry it with a towel.

Never used the brush but one thing I have noticed with the Braun (unlike other brands) a lot of the hair doesn't stay in the head and falls on the sink. Especially with 3 days growth.

BTW I think the Braun cleaner thingy is a waste of money ????

Edited by BaanOz
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 12:18 PM, lopburi3 said:

Good luck - I have tried to use them off and on from age 20 to current 76 and have never found any that comfortable with.  They just do not shave anywhere near as close as a blade.  And with current multi blade shavers even cheaper blades are often very good.  I have been using Bic for last few years.

If you must have perhaps Aliexpress better than Lazada - even same items shipped directly from China are often a lot cheaper that a local reseller. 

I agree ... if you have wet shaved for most of your life ...unless you want to have that 5 O'Clock shadow look you won't like an electric razor ....but update us on how happy you are with it ...

Now if you want electric hair clippers I can recommend a make called WAHL ...I bought them when I was thirty and had a beard ...until I couldn't stand the itching any longer ...I am now nearly seventy three ... they still work and I use them every couple of days on the tiny bit of hair that I have left ......

Edited by JAS21

As a Standby , i found Watsons own brand multi bladed the best. Old history, but perhaps they still do them.There were some US ones that aced them all. Foreget the name now, but remember Bic, Jeez they were awful rippers . Never ventured to the Top Braun, out of my league at 15k.

Yes, the Braun just leaks hair, and doesn't really need cleaning. 
They say the special cleaner gives a better shave, but I don't see how that's likely, its expensive.

But the Braun blades can't be sharpened. That's OK if you have thin hair, but as my hair has the strength of barbed wire, its a problem.

On 10/6/2018 at 8:46 PM, blackhorse said:
On 10/6/2018 at 7:32 PM, zzaa09 said:
Old school.
Classic straight razor. 

You'll never look back.

Don't you have to go slow in case of cuts? I don't enjoy shaving so a triple blade I can do it in about a minute with little chance of getting a cut unless it's past used by.

I just recently went from Gilette with four blades to one of those old school razors (but a good one a Muhle). The first day I cut myself, second day too but less, third day almost no cuts anymore.

The shave is a bit slower then with a gilette 3 blades but its much more smooth than one too.  I also ordered a Merkur Futur (more advanced then the normal old school ones as it has different settings). I don't think Ill go back to gilette as this is far smoother. I also spend less on blades and foam. Though the initial cost of a good razor is high.

For those that are interested there are many websites about shaving and the concencus is that those old school razors are smoother then the gilette mach 3. This is because more of the blade is exposed (also why you can cut yourself more)

But havent been smooth like this ever.. maybe when i was still a boy *LOL*

1 hour ago, robblok said:

For those that are interested there are many websites about shaving and the concencus is that those old school razors are smoother then the gilette mach 3. This is because more of the blade is exposed (also why you can cut yourself more)

Get yourself some Feather blades and a tourniquet. I have been shaving the old way (except for beards) since 1973 and still cut the same place every time.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Get yourself some Feather blades and a tourniquet. I have been shaving the old way (except for beards) since 1973 and still cut the same place every time.

The cuts i am talking about are minor.. don't even show up after drying off. The first time was a bit different more cuts but now that i am getting used to it it works better. 

Tourniquet ? that is  joke i take it ? sorry I have heard of salts that can stop bleeding so you might not joke but mean something like that.

• Like 1