Graffiti Diagrams All Over Bangkok - The Culprit

Kinnock

For years I've seen an ever growing number of crazy nonsense diagrams and mock formula scrawled all over posters, bus-stops, doors, shop-fronts and footbridges throughout central Bangkok.  Today I saw the culprit in action messing up the cycle path between Lumpini and Benjakitti Parks.  

He rants like nut-job in Thai, but when I spoke to him he replied in perfect English and asked for 20 THB for a new pen.  20181023_172334.thumb.jpg.633371806f640602aacbf940a9829a4c.jpgI told him to stop messing up the place and move on - and he left.  Here's his photo, although I doubt the Police would be interested, despite the mess made to public property.

20181023_172144.thumb.jpg.8bf9db761b96209a89400ac3a0e9a24f.jpg

6 minutes ago, androokery said:

Street art. Set up a gofundme, I'd be happy to contribute:)

Perhaps the two foreigners arrested in Chiang Mai for graffiti can try that one? ????

Looks like dual standards though - big issue in Chiang Mai when foreigners are the culprits, but in Bangkok this guy has been at it for over 5 years with no action.  Guess there's no benefit in chasing a penniless street 'artist'?

He started his "campaign" after he became famous as somebody interviewed him living under a bridge somewhere in Bangkok and put these formulas as decor on a pillar next to his belongings and sleeping bag.

These artworks will be worth millions when he is gone to the next life, same like most artisans in history.

By his life expectation I would say its time to cut some concrete sheets out and store them for the auctions later.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I scour Bangkok looking for this man's diagrams. Two of them have put me into a trace, transporting me to a metaphysical plane in which this man was waiting for me. In each case, he uttered one word, after which I found myself back in reality inside a 7/11. One more word, and I believe I will reach an enlightened state that will allow me to unlock the mysteries of the universe. Or, at least, understand how to use those little stickers the 7/11 keeps handing me.

All BS aside, I would love to meet this guy and have him tell me his story. I have seen these all over Bangkok, and I am very curious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rwill said:

Tom Hanks and Nicholas Cage are both flying in to decode them.

Both will fail..due to the following:

1.Unable to produce work permit..

2.Unencumbered by Thai wife and 3 Thai kids from a previous marriage.

3.Cannot speak,write or  dream in Thai.

4.Have not been rusticating in Thailand for 30 years where their brains were fried under the  oriental midday sun.

5.Have never bought (or even contemplated buying) land in Ban Woop-Woop..

6..Never lived on a rice and somtam diet

7.Never watched a lakorn

8.Never gauged the deep inner perplixities of a Buddhist culture

9.Never driven on the right..

10.Have never posted on TVF..????

Edited by Odysseus123

Today I saw the culprit in action messing up the cycle path between Lumpini and Benjakitti Parks.

He has been very busy on Rama 4 Road recently. I walk often on both sides of the road in the Lumpini area between the Big C and Lotus and Lumpini Park. He has his graffiti all over the place on both sides of the road. It looks fresh too, I noticed a lot of new stuff around the Klong Toey MRT Station just this week. I've never seen him but I sure have seen a lot of his work. I will keep an eye out for him now that I know what he looks like, thanks for the post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobTH said:

Today I saw the culprit in action messing up the cycle path between Lumpini and Benjakitti Parks.

He has been very busy on Rama 4 Road recently. I walk often on both sides of the road in the Lumpini area between the Big C and Lotus and Lumpini Park. He has his graffiti all over the place on both sides of the road. It looks fresh too, I noticed a lot of new stuff around the Klong Toey MRT Station just this week. I've never seen him but I sure have seen a lot of his work. I will keep an eye out for him now that I know what he looks like, thanks for the post.

Well..if you do,slip him 50 baht and go on your way with a smile..

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2018 at 2:20 AM, Chou Anou said:

"I told him to stop messing up the place and move on - and he left."

Well, aren't we the arrogant visitor in another country. I wonder how you'd take to an immigrant in your country saying that to you?

That is quite a strange remark. So where you used to live or where you live now even if  visitor or resident you would think it’s fine for someone to do this. Especially on places like brand new sidewalks ( pavements for you probably)?  In Rachatewi near Payatahi and Petchburi intersection the city installed new sidewalks in the whole area. He then comes along night after night and defaces them! 

I told the cops at the police box and they immediately reacted and went to him. They just told him to stop and get lost but this guy defaces the whole area. On another occasion I told him to get lost as well! So I’m 

ARROGANT for that? Some of you guys toss that word around with such profound cluelessness it boggles the mind. 

Edited by blackcab
Reduced font size
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2018 at 9:48 AM, ballpoint said:

I'd have given him the money and then followed him to see where he buys a 20 Baht pen that writes on anything.

The markers that he used are very cheap (and crappy)...i have a whole box of them and they stop working after 6 months, even unused.