Legal downloadable Microsoft Windows

The Deerhunter

17 hours ago, wgdanson said:

And will you be buying a Ford Anglia for her new car. lol. Come on, W10 is FAR superior to W7, and I think you can still upgrade to W10 with a genuine W7 key. Why do you say you do not use Outlook because you are in Thailand, it works perfectly, but MAIL is far better. And why Office 2016....the latest is 2019. I realise that it takes time to 'learn'a new OS or any software package, but once you do , it is a leap forward. 

Yes.  I would then probably upgrade it to w10.  I can only use my "Home" country email account on outlook indirectly which is a pain.  Everyone warned me that Gmail worked best and it sure does for me.  Never heard of Office 2019 until you mentioned it.  I am sorry to be obtuse, but can you please explain if I buy a key to office on Lazada, how, when, and how much do I pay Microsoft for the software itself?

7 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Yes.  I would then probably upgrade it to w10.  I can only use my "Home" country email account on outlook indirectly which is a pain.  Everyone warned me that Gmail worked best and it sure does for me.  Never heard of Office 2019 until you mentioned it.  I am sorry to be obtuse, but can you please explain if I buy a key to office on Lazada, how, when, and how much do I pay Microsoft for the software itself?

You mean Win10?  The key is to Win10 and it is paid for. 

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You mean Win10?  The key is to Win10 and it is paid for. 

The keys I have seen advertised to be paid for on Lazada on numerous ads selling from sub-300 b to 650 baht were all advertised for office 2016.  This was because I searched to buy Office 2016 Software not Windows 10 which I already have.

14 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

You don't. You download Win 10 via Microsoft Media Creator onto a USB stick, boot from that, install Win 10 ignoring the bit where it asks for a key. Then when it is up and running, you put the key in and off you go. I got keys from Ebay for £2.99, work perfectly. I don't understand what you mean by using Outlook 'indiectly', you install it and it works, but of course, you get Mail app with W 10, which is great.

20 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

It's costs nothing to download the program from Microsoft's servers or to obtain the hash in order to obtain the correct image. The software itself remains unmodified. What you are actually purchasing is the key to activate it.

Office 2016 is an old version now.

• Home & Student: This retail suite includes the core applications only.
  • Home & Business: This retail suite includes the core applications and Outlook.
  • Standard: This suite, only available through volume licensing channels, includes the core applications, as well as Outlook and Publisher.
  • Professional: This retail suite includes the core applications, as well as Outlook, Publisher and Access.
  • Professional Plus: This suite, only available through volume licensing channels, includes the core applications, as well as Outlook, Publisher, Access and Skype for Business.

What keys have you seen for sale? Professional/Professional Plus?

Office 2019 is the latest.

You raise as many questions for me as you answer.  I need to get back to my computer perhaps tomorrow to answer properly

Maybe even pm you.

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

You don't. You download Win 10 via Microsoft Media Creator onto a USB stick, boot from that, install Win 10 ignoring the bit where it asks for a key. Then when it is up and running, you put the key in and off you go. I got keys from Ebay for £2.99, work perfectly. I don't understand what you mean by using Outlook 'indiectly', you install it and it works, but of course, you get Mail app with W 10, which is great.

I am not quite sure why we talking about downloading Windows 10 here. I already have and use Win 10 on my own computer. This inquiry is about upgrading my Microsoft Office so I can get a more modern licensed versions of PowerPoint and publisher. BTW, When I use outlook to access  my home country email account I only use it through a remote back door, and cannot get my mail down onto my computer here in Thailand. Therefore it is useless to me because it is a pain to go back and see what people have written to me each time because my mail is not held locally and does not come up on my computer even the way Gmail does.

3 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

I am not quite sure why we talking about downloading Windows 10 here. I already have and use Win 10 on my own computer. This inquiry is about upgrading my Microsoft Office so I can get a more modern licensed versions of PowerPoint and publisher. BTW, When I use outlook to access  my home country email account I only use it through a remote back door, and cannot get my mail down onto my computer here in Thailand. Therefore it is useless to me because it is a pain to go back and see what people have written to me each time because my mail is not held locally and does not come up on my computer even the way Gmail does.

Sorry, wires getting crossed, although earlier you said you were going to put Win 7 on your wife's PC. My hotmail/outlook email account is registered in UK, but works perfectly, maybe some settings need looking at. Sorry can't help further. 

50 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Sorry, wires getting crossed, although earlier you said you were going to put Win 7 on your wife's PC. My hotmail/outlook email account is registered in UK, but works perfectly, maybe some settings need looking at. Sorry can't help further. 

There are wires to.be crossed when using the word outlook too. In my home country I had a local server based email account which was accessed by Microsoft Outlook, part of the MS Offuce suite.  It is a calendar/ appointment email and organiser ap. The pop servers used to access it do not work reliably from here.  Almost everyone here uses cloud based email such as hotmail, Gmail yahoo etc instead if pop server accessed mail. There is another cloud based email ap also called Outlook which friends talk about and I think is not the same as MS outlook.

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

You raise as many questions for me as you answer.  I need to get back to my computer perhaps tomorrow to answer properly

Maybe even pm you.

I have some time at a friends house so here goes.  My Office 2007 home and student edition has power point and publisher. Most 2016 versons have on or the other but yes,  one of the office professional versions have both.  I want to get a legal MS version at the best local Thai prices.  All I can see on Lazada etc is 300 to 700b disk-less deals where they provide a key by download or on a USB thumb drive and I am then to download the software from my MS account.  I fail to see that MS is going to intentionally sell me MS Office free which makes me think what they sell on Lazada must be a crack to download what MS thinks are updates or something similar.

I just want to buy a legal copy of Office 2016 at a good price.

I have some time at a friends house so here goes.  My Office 2007 home and student edition has power point and publisher. Most 2016 versons have on or the other but yes,  one of the office professional versions have both.  I want to get a legal MS version at the best local Thai prices.  All I can see on Lazada etc is 300 to 700b disk-less deals where they provide a key by download or on a USB thumb drive and I am then to download the software from my MS account.  I fail to see that MS is going to intentionally sell me MS Office free which makes me think what they sell on Lazada must be a crack to download what MS thinks are updates or something similar.

You need to go back to post #20, but actually read it this time. Then read post #19 again.

The key for Office 2016 Professional which I bought from Lazada was verified online by Microsoft. You simply download Office from MS onto your PC and then use the key to activate it - no USB required. It's all legal.

While these cheap keys may well be real, all the reputable sources I have read regarding how they were sourced sheds a different light on things. The suggestion was that some may have been bought from official sources using stolen credit cards, some are Volume Licence Keys intended for use in corporate environments and some are intended to be used purely in a software development and testing environment.

You can download the authentic installation flies from Microsoft and activate it may work and work for some time before it gets blocked, or it may work for ever. Is it legitimate? Make your own mind up...

https://www.howtogeek.com/392080/cheap-windows-10-keys-do-they-work/

Sent from my ZX81 using a dial-up modem.

15 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

While these cheap keys may well be real, all the reputable sources I have read regarding how they were sourced sheds a different light on things. The suggestion was that some may have been bought from official sources using stolen credit cards, some are Volume Licence Keys intended for use in corporate environments and some are intended to be used purely in a software development and testing environment.

You can download the authentic installation flies from Microsoft and activate it may work and work for some time before it gets blocked, or it may work for ever. Is it legitimate? Make your own mind up...

Key comes with a new computer.  If the computer is not sold they tear it down for parts and sell the key.  What the guy told me. 

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

downloaded windows 10 and office 2016 professional from frostwire and all work fine, a little extra work to apply the keys but has been working for the past 2 years

The OP has not grasped that the key is the new software.  He still thinks he has to buy the key and the software.

8 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

Of course you ignore the part wherein the key is verified by Microsoft BEFORE you download the software within a Microsoft account. 

Your post is just one of spreading conjecture, as the key may be from none of the above. 

Of course you ignore the part wherein the key is verified by Microsoft BEFORE you download the software within a Microsoft account. 
Your post is just one of spreading conjecture, as the key may be from none of the above. 

Of course it's verified by Microsoft. It's a legitimate key. The method in which it was obtained by the seller is what is in question. If you bought a genuine Rolex for a fraction of the retail price, would you think everything was above board purely because it was confirmed to be a genuine one?

15 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:
57 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Of course it's verified by Microsoft. It's a legitimate key. The method in which it was obtained by the seller is what is in question. If you bought a genuine Rolex for a fraction of the retail price, would you think everything was above board purely because it was confirmed to be a genuine one?

It is not a Rolex. Unless they are giving new Rolexs away to anyone who had an old Rolex and, in addition to announcing that the Rolex exchange would end in July 2016, every single option of upgrading continued to function.

In addition to this, you can actually run Windows 10 without any product key at all.

So no real need to buy a key.

So forget about any made up Retail price. If that was the real price, everyone would happily remain on Windows 7.

On 10/25/2018 at 3:16 PM, The Deerhunter said:

I no longer use Outlook since I am in Thailand.  I now use G-mail, Google and Google Chrome.  I never search in an any Microsoft product.  Do you see problems with Win-10 and Office 2016 in Word, Excel, Publisher or Power point.  I never use Bing, Internet Explorer or MS Edge.

I do however have Windows 10 but I have stripped out most of the rubbish.  I own a legal copy of Win-7 which I am going to put on a new PC for my wife in a few weeks  - months when she really needs it..

I use MS Word and Excel and want to start using a page layout program for my wife's business as MS Word itself cannot do it well enough.    I have looked at Publisher and Powerpoint in my 2007 version and they look a bit primitive next to the 2016 version I have seen on a local girl's notebook when she came to do the things I cannot do on Word.

Yes the 2007 is basic by comparison to 2016 but functional and as paid for is fine. I an using Windows 10 with 2016 on another machine again legal. 365 works well for my son with his storage requirement...... But lots of my admin means searching PST files and archives over 25 years. Therefore 2007 is the last combination I can do that.... Just struggling with apps and android to. Now haha.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:44 PM, marcusarelus said:

The OP has not grasped that the key is the new software.  He still thinks he has to buy the key and the software.

And somebody else said that the key just allows you to download the software from MS on your MS account.

By the way, I belatedly notice that in what we might term a blonde moment the headline I put in included the words MS Windows..  When I really meant MS OFFICE.     I was wondering why everyone was fixating on Windows 10.   My inquiry was meant to be about Office and in the text It ting it all was.   However, to those people who wasted their time answering about Windows,  I apologise.  I want to buy a newer version of office, Office and already have Windows 10 on board working well with certain reservations probably caused by me and my setup of a Drive "D" for my data to make backups easier.  My setup of Windows does not like a D data drive and keeps defaulting downloads and anything else it can get its paws on, into Drive C.  Apart from that it is fine.  I got rid of most things I don't want and now it looks mostly like Win 7.

Archived