You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Legal downloadable Microsoft Windows

The Deerhunter

I have a legal old 3 installs "Home office & student" version DVD for M.S. Office 2007.   I want to upgrade to a legal Office 2016 and was looking at Lazada for deals with MS issued original disks and I came across all these cheap  (around 300-600 baht copies) described as "original downloadable copies with Key, but no disks"  "And Licence-able with your (my) Microsoft account." 

But, as my old Dad used to say, "whenever something sounds too good to be true.............."   If these are copies and the key is a "crack" then problems with M.S. are still on the cards.

Does anyone have any experience with these "affordable" download installs?"    Can I still wangle a deal from MS on upgrading my 2007 to 2016, if so how?  I do not want to go to Office 365.  Any other ideas about a reasonable and (M.S.) hassle free way for me to go?   Has anyone got a spare copy of Office 2016 that is surplus to requirements and at a reasonable price?  Being really greedy, to a multi install copy if possible as I will have to buy the wife a new machine soon and it will need a couple of the aps.  Where would I go to for the best deal on legitimate MS Office  2016?  Pan Tip?, Tuk-Com?  I am in the northern end of Chonburi province, i.e. not Pattaya, but will be in Pattaya 29.30, 31 of this month

Thanks.

I used to have a dodgy version of Office from Tukcom. Then I first used Open Office, and now Libre Office. Both FREE and totally compatible with Office formats for Word & Excel. No licensing problems, and in my opinion, a better interface. Try Libre.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

I used to have a dodgy version of Office from Tukcom. Then I first used Open Office, and now Libre Office. Both FREE and totally compatible with Office formats for Word & Excel. No licensing problems, and in my opinion, a better interface. Try Libre.

Have to agree wholeheartedly, I too think it is a better interface (Hate ribbon interface), adequate features for most people and compatible with many formats + the ability to save any file to *.pdf format.

OK.  The applications I need to get the updates for are mostly Publisher and Powerpoint.  However I would not mind the new features in Word & Excel. 

1.  Do Libre and Open Office have those aps?

2.  Re cheap keys.  As Kneedeep suggests, I definitely don't understand.  So do I then still have to purchase the software later as well.  How can a third party supplier arrange for M.S. to sell me Office 2016 for 300 to 600 baht?

16 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

You misunderstand. You are only purchasing a key. The software you should download directly from Microsoft's servers. So no chance of any cracks or hacks.

I definitely don't understand.  So do I then still have to purchase the software later as well?  How does this actually work?  How can a third party supplier arrange for M.S. to sell me Office 2016 for 300 to 600 baht?

21 hours ago, wgdanson said:

See my other post after #5.

21 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Thanks for this. Only this morning I was talking with my wife about purchasing Microsoft Office Suite, but it looks like Libre has all I need. 

Thanks for all your help but you only partly answer my questions.  

Libre says they do not have a page publishing program.  They say that Libre "Write" is close, but everyone says MS Word is "close" too, but it is not a desktop publishing or page design program (Like old Pagemaker, Adobe Illustrator or Page Layout ).

With MS Office you can do lots of things in Publisher or Powerpoint that are impossible in MS Word.  That is why I wanted Office 2016.  Libre Impress is like Powerpoint but MS Publisher is better for page layup than Powerpoint is.  Libre "Draw" and "Charts" are not like Publisher either and I am concerned they may lack the things also lacking in MS Word.

I will look at Libre and also PagePlus, but am still interested in answers to my questions about getting an MS Office 2016 update.

12 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Thanks for all your help but you only partly answer my questions.  

Libre says they do not have a page publishing program.  They say that Libre "Write" is close, but everyone says MS Word is "close" too, but it is not a desktop publishing or page design program (Like old Pagemaker, Adobe Illustrator or Page Layout ).

With MS Office you can do lots of things in Publisher or Powerpoint that are impossible in MS Word.  That is why I wanted Office 2016.  Libre Impress is like Powerpoint but MS Publisher is better for page layup than Powerpoint is.  Libre "Draw" and "Charts" are not like Publisher either and I am concerned they may lack the things also lacking in MS Word.

I will look at Libre and also PagePlus, but am still interested in answers to my questions about getting an MS Office 2016 update.

Go to extratorrent.com

If you are running windows 7 stick with office 2007  it still works efficiently..,. you may have to allow legacy product with google. HOWEVER after this combo you cannot do a single search that searches outlook email and your computer for security reasons. 

If you can’t afford 209 Baht per month for the subscription which also includes a one drive upgrade on cloud storage to 1TB and 60 world minutes on skype, then maybe you should reconsider your options about where to use your MS word. That’s about 6 USD per month.

13 minutes ago, wmlc said:

If you can’t afford 209 Baht per month for the subscription which also includes a one drive upgrade on cloud storage to 1TB and 60 world minutes on skype, then maybe you should reconsider your options about where to use your MS word. That’s about 6 USD per month.

Sorry. I don't understand.  I want Microsoft Office 2016,  not Office 365 which is a subscription product.    

25 minutes ago, Dogbarker said:

If you are running windows 7 stick with office 2007  it still works efficiently..,. you may have to allow legacy product with google. HOWEVER after this combo you cannot do a single search that searches outlook email and your computer for security reasons. 

I no longer use Outlook since I am in Thailand.  I now use G-mail, Google and Google Chrome.  I never search in an any Microsoft product.  Do you see problems with Win-10 and Office 2016 in Word, Excel, Publisher or Power point.  I never use Bing, Internet Explorer or MS Edge.

I do however have Windows 10 but I have stripped out most of the rubbish.  I own a legal copy of Win-7 which I am going to put on a new PC for my wife in a few weeks  - months when she really needs it..

I use MS Word and Excel and want to start using a page layout program for my wife's business as MS Word itself cannot do it well enough.    I have looked at Publisher and Powerpoint in my 2007 version and they look a bit primitive next to the 2016 version I have seen on a local girl's notebook when she came to do the things I cannot do on Word.

5 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

I definitely don't understand.  So do I then still have to purchase the software later as well?  How does this actually work?  How can a third party supplier arrange for M.S. to sell me Office 2016 for 300 to 600 baht?

It's costs nothing to download the program from Microsoft's servers or to obtain the hash in order to obtain the correct image. The software itself remains unmodified. What you are actually purchasing is the key to activate it.

Office 2016 is an old version now.

• Home & Student: This retail suite includes the core applications only.
  • Home & Business: This retail suite includes the core applications and Outlook.
  • Standard: This suite, only available through volume licensing channels, includes the core applications, as well as Outlook and Publisher.
  • Professional: This retail suite includes the core applications, as well as Outlook, Publisher and Access.
  • Professional Plus: This suite, only available through volume licensing channels, includes the core applications, as well as Outlook, Publisher, Access and Skype for Business.

What keys have you seen for sale? Professional/Professional Plus?

Office 2019 is the latest.

3 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

I own a legal copy of Win-7 which I am going to put on a new PC for my wife in a few weeks  - months when she really needs it..

And will you be buying a Ford Anglia for her new car. lol. Come on, W10 is FAR superior to W7, and I think you can still upgrade to W10 with a genuine W7 key. Why do you say you do not use Outlook because you are in Thailand, it works perfectly, but MAIL is far better. And why Office 2016....the latest is 2019. I realise that it takes time to 'learn'a new OS or any software package, but once you do , it is a leap forward. 

6 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Yes they do, everything Office has, BUT BETTER and FREE.

I have Windows Ink and a stylus pen....i want to be able to write signatures on documents but that's only possible with Office.

So i used the trial 30 days from office and after that got many emails about purchasing it for 60 euro iirc. I didn't buy it yet but can the one you mentioned also use the stylus pen like Office can?

4 minutes ago, Thian said:

I have Windows Ink and a stylus pen....i want to be able to write signatures on documents but that's only possible with Office.

So i used the trial 30 days from office and after that got many emails about purchasing it for 60 euro iirc. I didn't buy it yet but can the one you mentioned also use the stylus pen like Office can?

You could sign a bit of paper, scan it as a jpg or bmp, then attach it to any document, pdf or email you want. I don't know about the stylus, but I shall have a butcher's.

8 minutes ago, Thian said:

https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/93698/how-to-get-pen-feature-to-work-properly/

6 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

That person has an issue where the pen only starts writing after 1 second...maybe his tablet is too slow for it?

I 'll google it myself but i really want the pen to work properly like in Office....i don't have a scanner here and i bought this pen/laptop so i can write on the screen and sign documents...i need that function for my work.

If i buy office from phantip will that work like the original version or will i get issues? I bought Office on phantip some years ago but that never worked, i forgot why though.

Just now, Thian said:

That person has an issue where the pen only starts writing after 1 second...maybe his tablet is too slow for it?

I 'll google it myself but i really want the pen to work properly like in Office....i don't have a scanner here and i bought this pen/laptop so i can write on the screen and sign documents...i need that function for my work.

If i buy office from phantip will that work like the original version or will i get issues? I bought Office on phantip some years ago but that never worked, i forgot why though.

You get what you pay for.............unless it is Libre.

Archived