Group of British women held to ransom by armed Thai police and forced to pay £150 – for a broken TOILET

webfact

1 hour ago, meinphuket said:

Such heroes ! If these had been Chinese, the PM and imm. police would have grovelled and apologized to the Chinese government, and given each of these hustled women a Golden toilet

Thats the fourth time you said that! We're not deaf.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, manarak said:

it's obviously aimed at UK ignoramuses who are shocked by armed police, when in fact police is almost always armed in Thailand.

It's the kind of dishonest and manipulative reporting I dislike.

The headline of this piece " Group of British women held to ransom by armed Thai police and forced to pay £150 – for a broken TOILET " is factually correct, assuming the report is accurate. In that the armed police said they would be arrested if they did not pay up. Now who did break the toilet, we will probably never know, but to call the women "UK ignoramuses" is totally unfair. Plus asking 10,000 baht to repair the toilet is ludicrous and an obvious scam.

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

So you sneaked an extra person into your room and expect not to pay for it. The hotel is running a business not a charitable doss house.

Considering the class of clientele that hotel seems to attract, I agree with you, best not to visit.

I wouldn’t want to be staying with these kind of customers lol. 

RE - Group of British women held to ransom by armed Thai police and forced to pay £150 – for a broken TOILET

We may assume that the guilty one is the one in the red dress....:whistling:

bw.jpg

Further, to reduce the movement and also the fatique on the toilet this simple saving technic can be adviced:

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

10K for a 'broken' toilet worth about 1500 + work. Avoid this island.

Sun reporting! Hmmmmm that's funny..... never heard of toilet actually breaking???..toilet seat.. .yes.......I have a jungle toilet .   10 years on ...   Just changed seat...199bht.....rain so many people sit on it.....no worries..... not easy to break a toilet......the ceramic can handle all the lasses doing their stuff.....if they can fit on them......the joys of Sun.....didn't know Its still around....the mucky stuff it used to come out with ....

Happens a lot in hotels toilets, sinks and furniture. My wife worked in a hotel where the granny in a group of 4 kept doing laundry in the sink, she was shown a deep sink more approiate for laundry but insisted using the sink in the room until she knocked it off the wall and it broke. They refused to pay for the new sink and my wife picked up the phone and says calling police, they paid up.

Then the russian who ruined the mattress by pissing in bed while he slept. When the maid went to check the room at check out the mattress was so saturated the piss was leaking on to the floor. The couple had requested no maid service during their 5 day stay.

There are some real weird o out there

Had a friend go through the shower screen at Whitehouse condo Soi 11 .

It literally exploded into hundreds of bits.

Cut a fair bit too.

The owner wanted 30,000 baht or he would call the police and get his visa cancelled. 

One of the golf club cronies. 

And I well believe he would have the corrupt contacts to make it happen. 

No they didn't pay. 

Left the hotel. 

And the hotel didn't call an ambulance service either.

18 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

I see the 'hansum' old codgers of TVF are out in force on this one. What have these women's looks got to do with anything?

Funny, because you are the same lot that moan about how childish the Thais are. 

Toilet seat clearly broken by blunt force. Girl in the red dress' ass clearly capable of creating such significant blunt force. Absolutely relevant comments being made by posters

Archived