Group of British women held to ransom by armed Thai police and forced to pay £150 – for a broken TOILET

webfact

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There would be no need to be embarrassed about anything , most Thais dont get embarrassed about sex , they talk about it openly and freely , rather than making anonymous smutty innuendos on-line .

*Ohhh sex ha ha ha , so embarrassing*

Tee hee hee. You said the S word

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

That is a rather personal matter and I do feel that if you need to tell him, you could tell him Privately by PM .

The amount of time that you copulate has nothing to do with the thread

You joining the discussion doesn't have much to do with it either. 

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:08 PM, Vacuum said:

10K for a 'broken' toilet worth about 1500 + work. Avoid this island.

I don't need stories like this to avoid that <deleted><deleted> island. It's been a <deleted><deleted> for decades, and the shame of it is that it could have been rebuilt as something great after the tsunami, but they just rebuilt the same <deleted><deleted> as it was before the tsunami washed away the horrible town.

22 hours ago, elgenon said:

Doesn't say they denied being the perps.

Well they certainly hadnt told the hotel the broke it either which is what most reasonable people would do it was discovered by the hotel management. Even if it was only a broken seat or only a few hundred baht fix. So at the very least it's denial by inadmission.

17 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Some might be surprised as to how well these techniques and responses work.

Cheers!!

Resistance in the face of dumb, corrupt cops can work quite well. Not in a nasty or disrespectful way. Just alot of pushback, and non cooperation. I have had it work quite well several times. Seems they just do not want to spend the time dealing with the non cooperation. Easier marks out there for the picking. Always remember one thing, they are not law enforcement. They are revenue collection franchisees. They are looking for easy money.

1 minute ago, johng said:

Always remember too that they carry guns and handcuffs and can,will and do lock people up in police cells until they co-operate !

Living a life of fear is not living a life at all. We have little to fear from these guys. It is a very uncommon thing for them to lock up foreigners, for pushback. Sure, if you have committed a real crime, that is different. I am talking about resisting a fleecing. We must and we can. 

On 10/25/2018 at 1:48 PM, Dmaxdan said:

This, according to the original article is the offending loo... 

Looks like just the seat needs replacing, so its not like the police had nothing to go on....

toilet.jpg

Look a bit closer, the cistern is smashed as well.

The methods used were probably not the best, but I can imagine the situation. A group of entitled girls broke something and didn't want to pay for it. 

Maybe they'll learn the lesson. If you break something, you pay for it. Simple.

Archived