FAKE VISAS? ADVICE NEEDED!

22 minutes ago, notamember said:

you are wrong, some agents do have the money to deposit for clients and do so and pay for and present the genuine letters from the bank that support them

800 (1).JPG

800 (3).JPG

800.JPG

Not true. Not one person I know gave their bank permission for an agent to withdraw money from their account, therefore the agent would not get his money back. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, that may be the case. Maybe in the future they may be required to please explain why discretionary powers were used. The definition of discretionary powers is, at the discretion of the person with the powers. If they have to start showing why, they are no longer discretionary powers.

Point taken, however there's also the point that they all have to be ultimately accountable no matter how senior the job they occupy is - the buck stops somewhere.

1 hour ago, cleverman said:

Not true. Not one person I know gave their bank permission for an agent to withdraw money from their account, therefore the agent would not get his money back. 

Ha Ha you know even less than i imagined you did

Hundreds of applicants give hundreds of agents the bankbook, ATM card and pin

the account holder does not have to be there to process the return to lender in a bank to bank transfer within the same bank

not so many these days due to technology but some still give a pre-signed, withdrawal slip for transfer back to the agents account when its done

the applicant cannot steal the money as the agent has the passport, bankbook, ATM card and pin but as an extra security many bank managers temporarily lock the account and then unlocks it after its done to release the money back to the agent

31 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Totally true.  

This thread comes around every few weeks...

FYI. how it works in Pattaya [with most if not all agents]

You go to agent ,pay him 12,900bt.

others charge more  @ 15k

Law firms are very expensive

You go to the bank with agent.  He has your passport and passbook

Agent transfers 800k into your account ,updates passbook

You sign a transfer slip .money goes back into his account.

Agent keeps your passbook and passport

As you are leaving bank sends you phone alert .800k gone

A few days later you have go to immigration to have your photo taken [a new requirement],no queuing, no ticket, straight to the desk.

Go agent ,pick up passport, with new retirement visa.

He also does the 90 day reports for 200bt each if you wish

Every one i know over 50 in Pattaya uses an agent for retirement visas.  including married ppls.

under 50's are on ed visas,,,leave once a year 

HTH

Everyone who lives in Patts does not use an agent. 

• Like 1

With all this speculation, the answer lies with the agent involved.

If I was going down this road, my first question to the agent would be, 'well how does this work?' 

Furthermore, ask the agent how this works if using the mail. 

Simple really.

Edited by anchadian

1 minute ago, cleverman said:

It was many years ago I used an agent when I had no $. No money went into banks in those days. My only mistake is not being up to date,first time ever though. 

What happened to your mate then, the one that wasn't summonsed even though you said he was?

40 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Totally true.  

This thread comes around every few weeks...

FYI. how it works in Pattaya [with most if not all agents]

You go to agent ,pay him 12,900bt.

others charge more  @ 15k

Law firms are very expensive

You go to the bank with agent.  He has your passport and passbook

Agent transfers 800k into your account ,updates passbook

You sign a transfer slip .money goes back into his account.

Agent keeps your passbook and passport

As you are leaving bank sends you phone alert .800k gone

A few days later you have go to immigration to have your photo taken [a new requirement],no queuing, no ticket, straight to the desk.

Go agent ,pick up passport, with new retirement visa.

He also does the 90 day reports for 200bt each if you wish

Every one i know over 50 in Pattaya uses an agent for retirement visas.  including married ppls.

under 50's are on ed visas,,,leave once a year 

HTH

that was true of old but not anymore

10-11-12-13-14-15 thousand will not get a money transfer into and out of account

they may ask for a bankbook but its only for appearances sake on your file

no money will go in and out at this price, they just get it stamped for a new year

you want the money in and they want it out after then then you need to find an agent who has 800,000 to put in and take out.

Most do not

also if the bank book the applicant holds is not local to the agents bank (not same region) then the agent has to pay 1% in and out, which is 800 baht each way as an interregional transfer charge

also many banks will expect a quid pro quo purchase for doing it at all , which will mean you will have to buy an insurance policy, this can cost an additional 2480 at the low end or up to 10,000 at the high end

so just for the transfer you can expect to find an additional 4000+ baht

this is why it costs more to actually have the money put in the bank with photo copies of the bankbook with the money in the bank and the letter from the bank verifying it is in the bank and is subsequently attached to your files 

if that does not bother you then by all means just pay the low end and get the stamp re-done with minimal time and fuss

you pays yer money and takes yer pick!

2 minutes ago, notamember said:

that was true of old but not anymore

10-11-12-13-14-15 thousand will not get a money transfer into and out of account

they may ask for a bankbook but its only for appearances sake on your file

no money will go in and out at this price, they just get it stamped for a new year

you want the money in and they want it out after then then you need to find an agent who has 800,000 to put in and take out.

Most do not

also if the bank book the applicant holds is not local to the agents bank (not same region) then the agent has to pay 1% in and out, which is 800 baht each way as an interregional transfer charge

also many banks will expect a quid pro quo purchase for doing it at all , which will mean you will have to buy an insurance policy, this can cost an additional 2480 at the low end or up to 10,000 at the high end

so just for the transfer you can expect to find an additional 4000+ baht

this is why it costs more to actually have the money put in the bank with photo copies of the bankbook with the money in the bank and the letter from the bank verifying it is in the bank and is subsequently attached to your files 

if that does not bother you then by all means just pay the low end and get the stamp re-done with minimal time and fuss

you pays yer money and takes yer pick!

Somebody on here a while back said that all expats have the cash in the bank,so why use a agent. Also, giving your passport to an agent is illegal for an Ozzie.

1 minute ago, cleverman said:

Somebody on here a while back said that all expats have the cash in the bank,so why use a agent. Also, giving your passport to an agent is illegal for an Ozzie.

to  just an agent or to anyone ?

many expats do not even have bank accounts, hence the many Thai services on offer to help them to get one opened for a fee

56 minutes ago, notamember said:

to  just an agent or to anyone ?

many expats do not even have bank accounts, hence the many Thai services on offer to help them to get one opened for a fee

PP is the property of the Oz Govt. Not to be given to anyone. But it does, I know, book into hospital and you have to hand it over.

1 hour ago, Tweedle dee said:

I am returning our kids to mom down patts monday night..she owns a bar darkside and helps lots of ex patts  to do there visas ..she will be aware of any current dramas of which i will report back upon my return.

Where is Patts?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Nobody is presenting fake funds, fake letters etc to the immigration officer.

Yes, a ranking-official could waive the financials entirely, but the bank-letter in the file would create less of a potential risk upon-audit.

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

I don't doubt that very senior Imm. officers have authority to bypass some requirements in very extenuating circumstances, but it also seems to me that if queried by even higher authorities (could be the new big joke guy perhaps), then that Imm. officer would have to explain and have a very good reason.

And it seems to be that big joke is not frightened to demand answers any from senior officers.

I find it hard to believe he would have been assigned to that post, without coming to an "agreement" in-advance on the massive agent-scheme.  The only way I see it ending, is if another scheme to preserve many lifestyles well above-salary is introduced.   Otherwise, it seems to be an accepted form of "pay-tribute to stay here."

The interesting question is, is the crackdown-policy at the airports on frequent-Tourist-entry visitors directed (at least in part) to bolster the agent-system, or will the agent-system be bought out of existence by whoever is paying for that policy, and possibly the change in the embassy-letter policy (for USA/UK only, so far)? 

The visa agents I talked to in Pattaya all say there will be no change,  business as usual .  

Meaning they will borrow you the 800k into your bank account and immigration will accept it since it's legal document from the bank.  If you borrow 800k from friends or an agent , really doesnt matter. 

On 10/28/2018 at 11:10 AM, Peterw42 said:

There isnt a lot of links to corrupt/illegal activities, lol. Go and talk to an agent, most are happy to explain the system, most will say that they are not presenting fake funds, letters etc, most will explain that the application goes through to a high level officer and gets approved without the usual funds/letter/seasoning requirements.

How many agents have you actually spoken to? You say 'most' do not involve funds or letters ( I didn't copy your use of the word fake because the funds are real) but how many have you actually dealt with to come to this conclusion? The one I approached most definitely did use funds in the bank that were not seasoned as they had a contact in a particular branch of a particular bank. There were other agents at this bank so they were certainly not the only agent to be using this method. Real funds are deposited into an account opened in your name. There is no power of attorney involved as someone else suggested. Perhaps you don't really understand how it's done either...or perhaps your statement that most of them simply have access to a high-ranking officer who overrides the requirements is inaccurate?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

How many agents have you actually spoken to? You say 'most' do not involve funds or letters ( I didn't copy your use of the word fake because the funds are real) but how many have you actually dealt with to come to this conclusion? The one I approached most definitely did use funds in the bank that were not seasoned as they had a contact in a particular branch of a particular bank. There were other agents at this bank so they were certainly not the only agent to be using this method. Real funds are deposited into an account opened in your name. There is no power of attorney involved as someone else suggested. Perhaps you don't really understand how it's done either...or perhaps your statement that most of them simply have access to a high-ranking officer who overrides the requirements is inaccurate?

There is probably 100 different variations, (it appears you asked at only "one" place) the places I am familiar with (have used 2 and spoken to 4) deal directly with an Immigration officer. 

The funds in the account still doesn't get you an extension, as the funds still have to be there for 90 days, a bank letter and updated bank book showing 90 days.. I would say its still going through to an imm officer who overlooks funds less than 90 days, or no funds  etc.

Yes, some agents maybe get fake documents from the bank and get an extension, in my experience most have a direct contact to an immigration officer. Some officers may want to see the money, even if its only for a day, other offices probably dont care if the account is empty.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, balo said:

The visa agents I talked to in Pattaya all say there will be no change,  business as usual .  

Meaning they will borrow you the 800k into your bank account and immigration will accept it since it's legal document from the bank.  If you borrow 800k from friends or an agent , really doesnt matter. 

How does the bank show it as 90 days seasoned funds, and produce a legal document thats says 90 days ? The updated bank book will show deposited yesterday.

It still ends up on someone's desk at immigration who can overlook the 90 days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, balo said:

"borrow you" ?

• Haha 1