Welcome to New Members 2018

Tywais

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my name is Bang (seriously!). European female, married no kids. I have been living in Thailand for 20 years. in the Surathani area.

I want to get the daily newsletter. I can find only the weekly newsletter - which I signed up for today Is that the same (weekly/daily). Thanks !

Hello Everyone,

I just joined, I haven't had time to update my profile properly. As you will have probably guessed from my User Name, my name is Ryan, and I am from London, UK. This looks like an awesome forum. I am genuinely looking forward to meeting people and learning from more experienced travellers. 

Anyway, a little bit about me. I am 41 years old, married with a daughter. I have my own business, and I have been self employed for about 12 years now. I have done some travelling, and I am looking to do a lot more in the coming year. 

I am looking to go on the road from late January 2017, so few months left. I am starting in Thailand, and from there on I will city and country hop until I don't know when. I will be working while travelling. I will have my wife and daughter with me. My daughter will be 9 by then. We have always wanted to home school her. I am looking to start with Koh Samui and go from there, just to ease us into it. I am still at the early stage in my research. However, I have about 60 days left before I start because I have another travel before Thailand. 

So, in short I am looking to learn from anyone or everyone. Hopefully you can part with some of your knowledge and experience to make our trip a little bit easier.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Pita, - Aussie living in Singapore 24 years.  I've been transferred to Bangkok mid Nov.  I have found this forum to be useful already.  forum.singaporeexpats.com/search.php?search_id=newposts is a good forum like this one for Singapore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, third visit to Thailand and considering living here. I have found this site informative and occasionally amusing, also the big plus is the experience of some of the contributors, hope I can pick your brains sometimes. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, I am Diz from India. I am a Digital Nomad. i have been living in Northern Part of Thailand( Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai and Phayao) with my GF for the past Year and half. Love the country hate the Fish sauce, Avid Biker.. Would love to meet with expats around here who would fancy going on some motorcycle trips here in the northern country.

On 12/04/2016 at 8:57 PM, Tib6005 said:

Hello everyone,

I've been reading Thai Visa and its topics for some time, and I'm currently planning my move from the UK to Chiang Mai this Summer. I can't wait !!! I would like some upto date advice on a banking query which I've posted on a new topic, I hope this is the correct way to do it - doubtless, someone will let me know if it isn'tunsure.png

Thank you, in advance

I'm not from Chang Mai, but I hear they have a real problem with breathing there for many months of the year, might want to research that because apparently the smoke/smog has no where to go being in mountain ranges and is trapped, most polluted part of Thailand so I have heard.

Hello, I'm Thiago, 23 yo, from Brazil. Have been to Thailand once and I plan learning the language to go back to live there in 2018. IT guy who enjoys economics and politics discussions, learned some by myself.

Edited by swfsql
forgot my age

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,  my name is Frank, long time visitor to this site and Thailand. My Thai wife and two stepkids, now in their 20s, have lived in Melbourne for 10 years.  I'm 66 and retired now so the wife and I will move back to Buriram Prov. 13th Feb.   We have 31 rai, 6 cows, 8 pigs, chickens, ducks, a lot of rice. I'm going to be the farmer I always wanted to be. I need heaps of advice because everything I've done up to now is wrong.  But I'm healthy and up for the challenge.

• Like 2

On 27/01/2017 at 5:52 PM, nanglong218 said:

Hello everyone,  my name is Frank, long time visitor to this site and Thailand. My Thai wife and two stepkids, now in their 20s, have lived in Melbourne for 10 years.  I'm 66 and retired now so the wife and I will move back to Buriram Prov. 13th Feb.   We have 31 rai, 6 cows, 8 pigs, chickens, ducks, a lot of rice. I'm going to be the farmer I always wanted to be. I need heaps of advice because everything I've done up to now is wrong.  But I'm healthy and up for the challenge.

Best of luck Frank, there's heaps of good advice and knowledgeable posters on the farming forum.

21 hours ago, allanman777 said:

HI My name is Barry.new to this forum.

Can anyone recommend company or broker that handles house insurance in Hua Hin/Cha Am area

Any help would be appreciated

You will be better asking your question in the Hua Hin forum HERE

Signed up today been following the Forum for 7 years. Never bothered signing   up got all the information I needed by just looking.

Wise old owl fro UK well I was born there at least. First came to Thailand with HM armed forces back in 67. Fell in love with the place and came back a few times over the years untill I had served my time then made the move here in 92. Worked for Thai military as liaison for around 20 years. Retired in 2013. Married here in 92 as soon as I came over long time gf. Live now in rural Issan. Won't get to involved on forums from what I see a lot of it is self bravado and I'm not into that. Mainly joined for DIY forum and such. Don't need visa's anymore became a citizen of Thailand some years ago. (Lots of help in that respect from military here when I was in the job. Not what you know in thailand it's who you know). So can and do own a house ect. Have my Thai ID card (not the pink). And Thai Passport.

• Like 2

Signed up today been following the Forum for 7 years. Never bothered signing   up got all the information I needed by just looking.
Wise old owl fro UK well I was born there at least. First came to Thailand with HM armed forces back in 67. Fell in love with the place and came back a few times over the years untill I had served my time then made the move here in 92. Worked for Thai military as liaison for around 20 years. Retired in 2013. Married here in 92 as soon as I came over long time gf. Live now in rural Issan. Won't get to involved on forums from what I see a lot of it is self bravado and I'm not into that. Mainly joined for DIY forum and such. Don't need visa's anymore became a citizen of Thailand some years ago. (Lots of help in that respect from military here when I was in the job. Not what you know in thailand it's who you know). So can and do own a house ect. Have my Thai ID card (not the pink). And Thai Passport.

Well done sarge!!!!!!+

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app