Welcome to New Members 2018

Tywais

1 hour ago, Bagwan69 said:

Hey Leo, I have a house in Prasat. So we are just about neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from belgium, i live 6 months a year in kapchoeng (between prasat and cambodian border) once a week , go for shopping in tesco l , and to the market in prasat.. see you, maybe....

Hello, everyone!

My name is A. I'm Thai and loving to know fellow human on this planet. 

I'm open to friendships with Farangs.

I'm practicing mindfulness and  studying Buddhist psychology.

I love reading books and exercising.

I'm in my 3rd year in Mahamakut Buddhist University Isan Campus. (Khon Kaen City)

I'm studying in Humanities and major in English.

I'm open-minded person and love having a good conversation with anything.

Feel free to contact me by PM.

Edited by blackcab
Removed social media contact info

• 1 month later...

Hello,  

Nice forum here, mostly enjoyable reading so far.  My wife and I were married in Sattahip in 1974  and while my wife was able to make some visits to Thailand over the years our first trip together was just last November.  We discovered that she could re-gain her Thai citizenship which she had to give up upon becoming naturalized in the usa back in the '80s. We didn't have any documentation with us but we are coming back in a couple weeks with all that should  be required to get her new ID card.   We have a sister and 3 brothers in Bangkok, as well as a number of grown nephews, nieces and other shirt-tail relatives.  The brother in law is a retired govt worker who will help with red tape, references, etc. 

We are both retired and on social security, but I do continue to work online as a database administrator for a small company in the usa. We will be staying for 4 months this time and considering the possibility of longer stays starting next year, and possibly a more permanent move once my employment ends in the next year or two. I need to look into the marriage and retirement visas and decide which would be the most suitable for me, any comment would be appreciated.... we are bringing our original Thai marriage certificate.  I have yet to search the forums on this topic, maybe I will find something.

We will be looking for a long term renewable lease around Bang Na, a  house or townhouse large enough for a brother and small family to live with us and maintain the house while we are away.  We may end up buying a house away from Bangkok after leasing for a year or two, we will be spending some time in Rayong to consider the possibilities there. We have lived in Michigan on the shore of Lake Superior since 1979 and my wife has become very fond of the natural beauty and quiet life here.  As old age advances on us (I am 71 and she is 67) we feel the need to make a move away from the heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures here and after our visit last year Thailand seems like the best place for us ..... we will see.  While we are both in excellent health now but at some point medical care could become a significant factor in our lives and we will be focusing on that possibility while we formulate our future plans.

Best Regards to all,

G. Gibbs

Hello guys

No idea what to say but i just back to this site after was away since here got a chatroom, very long time right>> LMAO.

Anyway nice to meet you.  Be positive be happy,  Cheers.  Anna. :sleep:

Hi everyone

Geoff here, I'm new to this site and planning to retire in Thailand

Initial trip is to travel around and decide where I will live (any suggestions would be appreciated )

I currently live on the gold coast in Australia and have 6 months to go before retiring, again any advice would be appreciated

Are there any other sites like this that you would recommend ??

Look forward to hearing from anyone

Cheers

Geoff

• Like 1

Hi everyone
Geoff here, I'm new to this site and planning to retire in Thailand
Initial trip is to travel around and decide where I will live (any suggestions would be appreciated )
I currently live on the gold coast in Australia and have 6 months to go before retiring, again any advice would be appreciated
Are there any other sites like this that you would recommend ??
Look forward to hearing from anyone
Cheers
Geoff

Research lots my friend. Positives and negatives found everywhere, but be prepared to settle and move again as you may find the neighbours or neighbourhood unfavorable. Lots of stories on this site about bad neighbours and misery living next door to them. Whatever you do rent first, control your money yourself and keep your income and bank account strictly private.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Cheers Jero

Thanks for your input

I've been there quite a few times so a little street wise already, But still a lot to learn I guess

Pro's and Con's, good and bad neighbours where ever we are

Intended to rent as you suggested not just gonna lob in town and buy

Thanks for the heads up on the financial side

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

New to thaivisa, and a year in Thailand. I permanently moved to Bangkok and hoping to meet and make few friends. It rather seems challenging for western working female to meet new people. 

Hope it changes soon :)

cheers !

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am Margaret from New York, USA. I love traveling with my family. I also love swimming and want to learn more about swimming. Basically, I am a newbie and hope that spend a good time here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am Diya,

I am a visionary and content curator. I love discussing about new things.
I am a supply chain manager and love having conversations on this domain. Hope we can have a lot of fun based on the south Asian market, its global impact and how big are we growing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...