arrest warrent?

What term would you use to describe someone who says he forgot there is a warrant out for his arrest? It really does stretch the imagination, doesn't it?
I wouldn't immediately jump to the default "Troll" accusation though, very weak minded to use that, many guys do though, often Reverse Trolling

As another poster said, the police must issue an arrest warrant in writing under the law. It is more likely that someone with a grudge (an old girlfriend?) got a mate at the local police to call you to give you a scare.

Alternatively, if you have been involved in a minor accident there might have been a miscommunication in inviting you to attend any subsequent negotiated settlement (which is normally facilitated by the police in the first instance).

Still, maybe you can ask a Thai mate to check with the local police (assuming there is some sort of national database recording warrants)

Edited by Stevemercer

15 minutes ago, JAG said:

It's not unknown for people to claim to be policemen when their connection to the police is a bit tenuous.

Too common in Thailand. But if OP is worried , go there and show them the phone number , so they can find out who called him. Maybe not real. 

6 hours ago, mstevens said:
13 hours ago, elviajero said:

You would rather face potential problems at the border than make a phone call or visit to the police to fix the problem! The rest of your post made sense.

That is now what I said at all.  If I was going to go along to see them I would do so with a lawyer, but if one does not believe they are implicated in any crime then why should they?

Sorry, but that is exactly what you said/implied.

"FWIW, I disagree with people who suggest you meet and police and get it sorted.  I'd do nothing, but I would keep in the back of my mind that there could be a problem entering / exiting the country in future."

You said do nothing and hope you don't have any problems at the border in the future.

These are scams, looking for a payout.  The police don't call and say they have an arrest warrant for you, they just come and get you.  These scams started in Nigeria and have been picked up by other scam artists.  Ignore it. 

1 hour ago, khaowong1 said:

These are scams, looking for a payout.  The police don't call and say they have an arrest warrant for you, they just come and get you.  These scams started in Nigeria and have been picked up by other scam artists.  Ignore it. 

What is the scam?