URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Confuscious

Beginning of August, I was diagnosed with a life threatening Vascular disease and I travelled urgently to my home country (Belgium) to have surgery.

My daughter (16 year old) was traveling with me.

My brother was willing to take care of us like many times before.

Everything seemed to go well.

After about 1 month, I was released from the hospital but needed to be taken care at home.

But at my brother's house, everything was charged.

My daughter was relocated to another room and none of the required medical help was available.

Soon I was back in a condition which was requiring urgent hospital care.

My brother dropped me at the hospital and signed a paper in which he declared to terminate the access to his house.

Thus leaving me virtually homeless.

To make things worse, my brother cut all communication channels between me and my daughter.

I will leave soon the hospital and want to return to Thailand ASAP, but i can not contact my daughter.

I did made a report to the police, but still no answer.

My biggest concern is how to travel back to Thailand.

I still have the Passport of my daughter, but my brother has taken her Belgian I'd card.

In the worst case, what would happen if I travel back to Thailand without my daughter?

If you are as ill as it appears perhaps you should not be making plans to return to Thailand at all - it seems you can not afford medical care here and if you do not have a Thai wife and not even clear if daughter is Thai.  How were you staying in Thailand visa wise and financially?  I suspect there must be much more to this story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

If you are as ill as it appears perhaps you should not be making plans to return to Thailand at all - it seems you can not afford medical care here and if you do not have a Thai wife and not even clear if daughter is Thai.  How were you staying in Thailand visa wise and financially?  I suspect there must be much more to this story.

1. My daughter is Thai / Belgian (double nationality).

2. I live already 18 years in Thailand and I have a Thai girlfriend.

I am living in Thailand on a Retirement visa and I have sufficient financial support..

3. I travelled to Belgium for the surgery on the advice of my doctor in Thailand.

4. I have the approval of the doctor to travel to Thailand.

In that case can understand you desire to return and as long as you can maintain the 800k retirement financials and have emergency funds for medical needs if required (you mentioned had to return to hospital on short notice so a plane trip might not have been possible if here in Thailand) you should be fine - can not advise on daughter but seems as though she may prefer to remain in Belgium at this point but hope you can at least have some contract and confirm her desires.  You mentioned that brother had taken care of you many times so it appeared you might not have the funds to remain here. 

7 hours ago, Confuscious said:

1. My daughter is Thai / Belgian (double nationality).

2. I live already 18 years in Thailand and I have a Thai girlfriend.

I am living in Thailand on a Retirement visa and I have sufficient financial support..

3. I travelled to Belgium for the surgery on the advice of my doctor in Thailand.

4. I have the approval of the doctor to travel to Thailand.

Have you tried to talk to your brother, asking him why he is behaving like this towards you?

• Like 1

You ask what could happen, to you, so next question is do you have full custody of daughter?  Is there someone likely to be upset enough to take legal or extralegal action against you if you return alone? 

But sincerely hope that your daughter is OK and all works out.

Something smelly going on. Belgian police not acting does sound very, very strange.

Daughter and mother are Thai, I am not sure you have custody together with the mother or not. In any case I would advice to have the mother contact the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Consular department. The consular department has a section tasked with the protection of Thai nationals abroad and will certainly contact the Belgian authorities to bring her home ASAP.

• Like 1