SURVEY: USA -- Headed in the right or wrong direction?

Scott

SURVEY: USA -- Head in the right or wrong direction?  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Not surprisng that under Trump some would consider damaging real estate to be as serious a crime as homicide.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

facts were correct, but you go back to insults and generalizations.

:cheesy:, it's like debating with a parrot endlessly repeating the same thing again and again. Thanks for the morning chuckle sunshine.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Are you actually linking Wapo in your post? Isn't that fake news???

2 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

So ignore the fact and deflect. 

It's getting repetitive sunshine 

I'm getting repetitive?? I see your grasp of reality is as tenuous as that of the man-child you support. Thanks for another chuckle!

PS. I'm pretty sure the "signature" in your posts is discussing moderation and against forum rules.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Becker said:

I'm getting repetitive?? I see your grasp of reality is as tenuous as that of the man-child you support. Thanks for another chuckle!

PS. I'm pretty sure the "signature" in your posts is discussing moderation and against forum rules.

so, you have any facts to show the violence and vandalizing of GOP offices are false or are you just going to ignore and insult?

the subject is the direction of the country, stay on topic

what are you the hall monitor? are you going to go tell on me?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

so, you have any facts to show the violence and vandalizing of GOP offices are false or are you just going to ignore and insult?

bombs and murder on one side, vandalism on the other.

And a President who actually likes a congressman for a violent assault on a reporter. Not only did this congressman assault a reporter, but he then lied about it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

As bristolboy said, vandalism on one side and killings on the other - not really comparable. And please stop whining about my "insults". I never knew how utterly snowflaky the alt right were until the man-child came along. I mean, it really is quite pathetic. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Becker said:

As bristolboy said, vandalism on one side and killings on the other - not really comparable. And please stop whining about my "insults". I never knew how utterly snowflaky the alt right were until the man-child came along. I mean, it really is quite pathetic. 

you mean like James Hodgkinson, that kind of attempted murder? I did not see the media trying to blame the alt left for that...hmmm, I guess that meets the narrative.

or the violence of Anitfa?

or are we supposed to treat that violence differently to meet your bias?

• Like 1

Getting worse.  Just look at the state of the place.  Biggest percent of its people in prison in the world, racial hate crimes on the rise, always going to war and fighting in some other country far from their doorstep, idiot president who acts and speaks like he has some mental disability.  Then there is the ever growing obesity problem, heat disease and general ill health of the population.  The few mega rich people getting 2 X richer in one year, while the normal people all getting poorer... and even being denied any affordable health care!!!  Worse.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Becker said:

A base man-child supporter should not under any circumstances call another person ignorant and uninformed - ever. 

OK, sunshine? 

Tell me: what is the difference in attitude/tolerance between the sunni/shia muslim factions, and the pro/con Trump factions?

My answer would be that the only diffetence is that the latter are not killing each other...yet!

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Becker said:

I thoughg the killings in the synagogue were done by a Trump hater???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

not whining sunshine, just pointing out that you when don't have any response

to a post you just return with insults. get it?

that's rich coming from you. No answer to the fact that Trump likes a congressman because he assaulted a reporter. In other words, the President of the United States condones violence when it's against people he doesn't like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Tell me: what is the difference in attitude/tolerance between the sunni/shia muslim factions, and the pro/con Trump factions?

My answer would be that the only diffetence is that the latter are not killing each other...yet!

I don't agree. Speaking in broad terms the base Trump supporters are believers who ignore facts because of their MAWA pipe dream but the anti-Trump "faction" base their opinions on his words and deeds.

Not the same at all.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Becker said:

I don't agree. Speaking in broad terms the base Trump supporters are believers who ignore facts because of their MAWA pipe dream but the anti-Trump "faction" base their opinions on his words and deeds.

Not the same at all.

I am not saying that both groups are the same, but that tensions between both groups are dangerously high, and reason should prevail upon emotions.

There are difficult times coming ahead, no matter what will happen on November 6th, and spreading oil on the fire won't help...

Just now, Brunolem said:

I am not saying that both groups are the same, but that tensions between both groups are dangerously high, and reason should prevail upon emotions.

There are difficult times coming ahead, no matter what will happen on November 6th, and spreading oil on the fire won't help...

That's true, but when the High Priest of the MAWA movement uses every opportunity to pour gasoline on the fire its hard to be the responsible fireman all the time.

21 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

What I find interesting is that both of the idiot factions you read on this board would have voted for someone that would have achieved the exact same results. Except one would have had the backing of the media and the other wouldn't. Not that that should matter.

Although idiocy is by no means the prerogative of the right the only faction that can be labelled as "idiot" is that which is led by one. If the candidate who received the most votes (by far) had also been elected president the US wouldn't have become the laughingstock of the world and best friend of dictators and despots.

HRC was in no shape or form an ideal candidate but she's miles ahead of the petulant child in the WH.

Edited by Becker

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

I see all those things as transitory The ebb and flow of political power.

What I don't see as transitory is the rise of the corporate state, which is/would have happened no matter which leading candidate won. Another thing that wouldn't have been different is the rise of hatred that we see now. I don't mean the fringe people like the "man child" idiot you constantly lay cover fire for or the same kind of idiots on the other side, but mainstream Americanswho mostly all believe in the same kinds of things. You're playing with fire to no good end.

Very convenient to try and straddle the center, pretending to be objective.  But if you're not against what Trump is about, you're for him.  There's no "ebb and flow" that you speak of.  Trump is destroying the America that I know like no one else could have.  The divisiveness--America is more divided now than ever.  The environment--Trump is destroying our environment for the benefit of only a select few and detriment of many others.  The out-of-control national debt--massive tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy makes no sense right now.  Healthcare--geez man, doesn't he give a flying hoot for the average American?  More military spending...for what exactly?  Not to mention the corruption within his family to profit from his position.  I can go on and on, but Trump is scum and so are his rabid supporters.  I can't wait until the mid-terms.   

6 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I see all those things as transitory The ebb and flow of political power.

What I don't see as transitory is the rise of the corporate state, which is/would have happened no matter which leading candidate won. Another thing that wouldn't have been different is the rise of hatred that we see now. I don't mean the fringe people like the "man child" idiot you constantly lay cover fire for or the same kind of idiots on the other side, but mainstream Americanswho mostly all believe in the same kinds of things. You're playing with fire to no good end.

Tell that to the people who suffer under those "transitory" changes. And no, had Hillary Clnton won, there wouldn't be a Neal Gorsuch and a Brett Kavanaugh on the supreme court. As for the rise of hatred, that happened during the Obama administration thanks to fake news. Remember the birther conspiracy, Obama is a Muslim, etc.? And if it's all a matter of the rise of the corporate state, why are corporation so desperate to undo the work of the Obama administration? More false equivalence.

12 minutes ago, Becker said:

Although idiocy is by no means the prerogative of the right the only faction that can be labelled as "idiot" is that which is led by one. If the candidate who received the most votes (by far) had also been elected president the US wouldn't have become the laughingstock of the world and best friend of dictators and despots.

HRC was in no shape or form an ideal candidate but she's miles ahead of the petulant child in the WH.

Congratualtions on one of your better posts. You said:

If you are not a partisan, and your interest is moving your country forward you don't support tremendously flawed candidates just because they are on "your" team. Because if you do it opens the door for other tremendously flawed candiates to win. I don't see any evidence that anybody is learning that lesson.

Just now, lannarebirth said:

Congratualtions on one of your better posts. You said:

If you are not a partisan, and your interest is moving your country forward you don't support tremendously flawed candidates just because they are on "your" team. Because if you do it opens the door for other tremendously flawed candiates to win. I don't see any evidence that anybody is learning that lesson.

Because it's all about personality not issues?

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Very convenient to try and straddle the center, pretending to be objective.  But if you're not against what Trump is about, you're for him.  There's no "ebb and flow" that you speak of.  Trump is destroying the America that I know like no one else could have.  The divisiveness--America is more divided now than ever.  The environment--Trump is destroying our environment for the benefit of only a select few and detriment of many others.  The out-of-control national debt--massive tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy makes no sense right now.  Healthcare--geez man, doesn't he give a flying hoot for the average American?  More military spending...for what exactly?  Not to mention the corruption within his family to profit from his position.  I can go on and on, but Trump is scum and so are his rabid supporters.  I can't wait until the mid-terms.   

I've been against what Trump is about for 35 years. I'm amused by thePavlovian dogs that are reacting toeach of the daily news articles which one could predict in advance if they had lived through the same period.