non-o visa reporting

I've read that with a non-o visa one has to report if one stays longer than 90 days in Thailand. If I cross the Mae Sai border before the end of the 90 days and return the same day does this exclude me from reporting?

Sent from my SM-J250F using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, bod said:

I forgot to mention that my question is about when having a 1 year non-o visa. In that case, does crossing the border before 90 days exclude reporting?

Same if you have a multiple entry non-o visa issued by an embassy or consulate.

Or do you actually have a one year extension of stay issued by immigration. If you leave on or before the 90th day you do not need to do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bod said:

I forgot to mention that my question is about when having a 1 year non-o visa. In that case, does crossing the border before 90 days exclude reporting?

Did you get your one year visa in Thailand or outside of Thailand?

Did you get your one year visa in Thailand or outside of Thailand?
I haven't got one yet but I'll apply for a 1 year extension of stay of a non-o visa in Thailand. Does it make a difference?

40 minutes ago, bod said:

I haven't got one yet but I'll apply for a 1 year extension of stay of a non-o visa in Thailand. Does it make a difference?

Yes, one important one being if you have an extension of stay if you leave Thailand and come back without a re-entry permit the extension is gone/finished.

Single re-entry permit 1000 baht, multi entry 3800 baht. You can get the re-entry at the same time as your extension.

If multi re-entry and you leave and return every 80 something days it's not required to do 90 day reports to your local Imm' office.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Same if you have a multiple entry non-o visa issued by an embassy or consulate.

Or do you actually have a one year extension of stay issued by immigration. If you leave on or before the 90th day you do not need to do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country.

Yep, that´s right but it will still be the same visit to immigration office. That due to that you will have to report a new TM30 when you arrive again.

Just that you will have to do it when you come back instead of every 90 day if you not leave.

Edited by HappyAndRich

39 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

Yep, that´s right but it will still be the same visit to immigration office. That due to that you will have to report a new TM30 when you arrive again.

Just that you will have to do it when you come back instead of every 90 day if you not leave.

That can be office dependant. Some only require a new TM30 if you change permanent address. Each would have to check with the Imm' office they use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

That can be office dependant. Some only require a new TM30 if you change permanent address. Each would have to check with the Imm' office they use.

TM30 should be given every time you leave and enter the Kingdom again. That is the most common way most officies work. If you travel inside Thailand and stay at hotels, then the hotel has the responsibility to report your address. that however, will only be seen as a temporary address, which means you will not have to file a new TM30 on arrival at home address. If you stay with friends or in any other way, you should report again on arrival at home address. However, there is actually no proof that you left home, so you can skip that.

7 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

TM30 should be given every time you leave and enter the Kingdom again. That is the most common way most officies work. If you travel inside Thailand and stay at hotels, then the hotel has the responsibility to report your address. that however, will only be seen as a temporary address, which means you will not have to file a new TM30 on arrival at home address. If you stay with friends or in any other way, you should report again on arrival at home address. However, there is actually no proof that you left home, so you can skip that.

No arguement with you, but, my local office don't worry where you've been.

So far in the past 12 months or so we've been to UK, Japan and Vietnam and a couple of weekends away at beach resorts in Thailand and I've had two 60 day extensions from the local office and they are not interested unless I permanently change address in Thailand

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bod said:

afaik, you can Not  get a  1 retirement visa  "inside" thailand, it is from consulate outside of Thailand ......of course UbonJoe is the  pro here

6 hours ago, overherebc said:

If multi re-entry and you leave and return every 80 something days it's not required to do 90 day reports to your local Imm' office.

So every 89th day you can leave the country and come back to avoid reporting your 90-day stay (except in arrival card). Let's say that every 91-day you come back to the same place. The owner needs to file a new TM 30, right? If not, you can be fined, right?

Edited by onera1961

8 hours ago, onera1961 said:

So every 89th day you can leave the country and come back to avoid reporting your 90-day stay (except in arrival card). Let's say that every 91-day you come back to the same place. The owner needs to file a new TM 30, right? If not, you can be fined, right?

That's the rule. All I'm saying is that some Imm' offices will tell you it's not needed unless you move house full time. 

11 hours ago, chubby said:

afaik, you can Not  get a  1 retirement visa  "inside" thailand, it is from consulate outside of Thailand ......of course UbonJoe is the  pro here

What your thinking about as a visa is probably the one year OA ( visa ) that you can get only in your own country.

An extension of stay, 1 year, you get from Imm' in Thailand, not a visa.

as normal in these type of threads, there is some confusion over

non immigrant 'O' visa, ( which gives a 90 day permission to stay stamp, no 90 day reporting required)

non immigrant 'O' 'A'  visa (which gives a 1 year permission to stay stamp, 90 day reporting required )

and a one year extension of stay issued by local immigration office( allowed to stay for 1 year, 90 day reporting required, re-entry permit required for any travel outside Thailand)

some posters complain about the exact terminology being used, but it does help in giving good accurate advice

• Like 2