Help.... Im on overstay

Due to sickness phumonia i was due fly home on 24 october but could not. Im now in hau hin and want to know is there immigration there so i can go and pay the fine money and get another visa..... 

Also due to get hau hin to pattaya ferry and im guessing security will check my passport there? 

In hotel and staff asked me about the visa in passport.... Dear god i feel like an escaped convict. 

What best thing for me to do. 

Cheers

Jack

Edited by pumpjack

6 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

Due to sickness phumonia i was due fly home on 24 october but could not. Im now in hau hin and want to know is there immigration there so i can go and pay the fine money and get another visa..... 

You cannot get visa at immigration.

If you qualified for extension stay they might allow you to pay the overstay fine of 500 baht a day and do then do the extension.

The best thing to do now is pay the fine on departure from the country.

• Like 2

You are 7 days into overstay. You need to deal with this pronto.

Jomtien immigration will extend tourist visas with small overstays after you have paid the fine there. 7 days is pushing it a bit. No need what Hua Hin's policy is.

What visa are you on? What nationality are you?

Fly to a neighbouring country and back would immediately solve your problem.

5 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I assume you visited the hospital or a doctor when you were sick. If so, couldn't you get a letter from the doctor confirming that you were not fit to travel. It may put you in a better light. 

Getting the letter before going on overstay it would of allowed him to apply for an extension medical care.

After going on overstay it will not help. The fine will still have to paid.

• Like 2

Need get to paytaya via ferry... Want to go to jomtien immigration to pay fine. 

I was on 30 day arrival

Uk citizen

Im shi**ing myself.. 

Ive money with me to pay overstay but will police refuse and just lock me up. 

Ive letter from hospital proof of illness

Cheers

Jack

Edited by pumpjack

1 minute ago, pumpjack said:

Need get to paytaya via ferry... Im shi**ing myself.. 

I don't think you have to worry about taking the ferry. I don't think you will even need to show your passport to board it. At the most it would just be to confirm your identity by showing the photo page.

• Thanks 1

When do you get to Pattaya?

I assume tomorrow (Thursday)

Plan A Go straight to immigration Extension (1900 Baht) + Overstay fine (4000 Baht (8 days)) + TM30 fine maybe (1600 Baht) = 7500 Baht. Have the cash ready.

Plan B See one of the agents outside and get them to sort it for you. (more than 7500 Baht)

Plan C from Pattaya if you can't sort it out at Pattaya immigration, get a van to Ban Phak Kat. They go every day and get a new 30 day entry. You will have to pay the overstay at the border.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would check to see if they are running 1 November.

The service was suspended 17 Sept -31  Oct due weather.

The website says it is available 4pm arrive Pattaya 6pm

That would be another day overstay.

Edited by pontious
add

22 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

I was on 30 day arrival

Uk citizen

Im shi**ing myself.. 

Cheers

Jack

In today's climate, probably they will lock you up. Don't take the risk. Immediately go to an airport and fly out from there to a neighboring country (or may be to your home country) after paying the fine. Those flu stories are not going to fly with police or immigration. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

It's going to cost you 500 baht a day for the overstay. Don't go to immigration as you can't get a new visa and you could be arrested if caught. Just apologise and pay the fine when you leave the country.

And take the medical report with you, if you have one.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

In today's climate, probably they will lock you up. Don't take the risk. Immediately go to an airport and fly out from there to a neighboring country (or may be to your home country) after paying the fine. Those flu stories are not going to fly with police or immigration. 

Not a flu story!!! 

Read the post... Lung infection disease... I have paperwork

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Getting the letter before going on overstay it would of allowed him to apply for an extension medical care.

After going on overstay it will not help. The fine will still have to paid.

But at least they may be more friendly and understanding when they fine him. 

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

It may put him in a better light but it wont help, I knew somebody who was unconscious with dengue fever in hospital and this caused his overstay, docs letter was no use, he should have got somebody to inform the IO before he became unconscious was the IO reaction.

That is just plain nasty on the part of immigration. 

• Like 2

Hell, there are many people that purely just want to scare you on this forum.

Ok, you are on overstay, and do not believe there is going to be any use of having an excuse for your situation.
However, you should be fine if you report yourself to immigration and pay the fines they will ask for, and you should be able to get your extension. The only thing is that yu must not get caught before in any kind of check out of various reasons. then you will be banned and deported.

The best choice for you is to take yourself to the closest border, not Aranyaprathet. Flying out would be the top choice and most safe if you grab a taxi to the airport.
Anyhow you will have to pay the fine when you leave. After you can apply for a visa in a nearby country or in your home country. You might get grilled a little bit next time you try to enter Thailand, but should be fine. Just see to that you have all requirements with you when  enter.

Good Luck!

Edited by HappyAndRich
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GarryP said:

That is just plain nasty on the part of immigration. 

Why say that?

I was in a coma on overstay, immigration told my wife being in a coma is no excuse, your husband is on overstay, pay up now or we deport him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Why say that?

I was in a coma on overstay, immigration told my wife being in a coma is no excuse, your husband is on overstay, pay up now or we deport him.

That is even nastier.

• Like 2

Can't you just get over to Ban Pu Nam Ron border with Myanmar and cross over there? If you have a land border crossing exempt available then come straight back in with 30 days.

Don't hang about, if the hotel staff have picked up on your stay being expired I would get out of that hotel ASAP.

1 minute ago, prism said:

I'd be worried that he might hit a checkpoint on the way to a land border and get arrested. He should buy a flight ticket out of Thailand, take the bus to swampy and pay his fine there. 

I think it is very unlikely he would be checked on the way to the border but he could be, as he could be on the way to the airport.

The check points as far as I have been told by others going to the border have only ever been checked for ID purposes and not their visa status but there's a risk of course.

I would think his biggest risk is the hotel staff who from the OP apparently know he is on overstay.

17 hours ago, pumpjack said:

I was on 30 day arrival

Uk citizen

Im shi**ing myself.. 

Cheers

Jack

Hi I think the ferry is not working at this Time you need to Check as an alternative though perhaps risky if stopped by checkpoint is the Daily VIP bus from Pattaya to Hua Hin Grab hold of the Free Pattaya newspaper details are inside or at least were last month