how should farang deal with vindictive, threatening person?

BananaBandit

12 minutes ago, Issanjohn said:

standing your ground

I'm an American and I learned to leave all this type of logic behind in the old world.

CCTV the way to go with audio if possible.

I rented a large compound in Hua Hin and installed CCTV and I spend a lot of time being friendly with my Thai neighbors.

Dog, cat or human, life is cheap here.

On 10/31/2018 at 4:55 AM, owl sees all said:

The story goes thus:

A Candadian spent his holiday here and visited a friend in Isaan. He rented a room for a few days in a Udon Thani hotel. Went to Nutty Park in the evening and picked up a sweet young thing. Went back to the hotel and the next morning the girl left; but not before posing for a couple of pics on her mobile with the gent.

Later that day, at the hotel there was a knock, knock on his door. He answered, and to his horror there was the girl from the night before, the girl's mother and a uniformed policeman.

The mother spoke good English. "Girl only 15. You have sex with my daughter. She just 15."  Waving the mobile about, Obviously the guy was horrified. The lady continued "You have to pay money. 20,000 baht." The policeman said nothing just stood there unsmiling.

The guy settled for 5k, which is all he had on him, and the three left.

Ray, who lives in Non Mek, told me the story. But the sting in the tail is that the girl - who is in her early 20s, - her mother and this policeman are known in the Sawang-dan-din area for this scam.

Beware out there guys. Thailand; land of mystery.

I need to see her government issued ID card please. Right now. Oh, you do not have it? Go away. I do not deal with scam artists. You too Mr. Policeman. You are not needed, you are not wanted. Find another stooge. Get out. Get out now.

I would not be the slightest bit concerned about this dreadful woman. She is just looking to be a nuisance. Avoid her, ignore her. Do not be afraid. She is a total loser. Be happy you only wasted 6 hours of your life on her. I know guys who spent years with worthless women like her.

• Like 2

So I guess you aren't seeing her again?

No planned visits upcountry to meet the family or future in-laws?

Forget her, walk away. If you have done nothing and the stuff she is spouting is made up, nobody will listen after five minutes and the police have seen and heard it all before. You know, even in Thailand, they do need evidence to arrest you on drugs charges, no matter how flimsy the law looks at times.

Gone are the days where the cops were believed automatically, the power of the internet and ability to embarrass the country has seen to that.

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

You know, even in Thailand, they do need evidence to arrest you on drugs charges, no matter how flimsy the law looks at times.

They bring the evidence with them.

I reckon he will take her back to his den.

Actually I have a question does anyone know what Thai law says regarding standing your ground if someone were to attack you within your property?  Such as if another American citizen were to enter my property (front yard) with the intent of doing me harm?  If that happens and I kick his ass am I legally covered if it happens in my front yard?  I’m not looking for trouble but if this crazy guy I know shows up and attempts to make good on a threat he messaged to me on Facebook I’m not going to back down either I won’t hurt him badly if possible but I will do what I have to do to defend myself.  I’m not going to put him in the hospital if I can help it but I will put him on the ground and probably have him arrested if he does show up looking for trouble.  I do have video surveillance cameras all over my house and the front yard so if there’s an incident it will be caught on video.  It’s a long story but I’m sure almost everyone has probably encountered at least one nut in life.  I don’t think he’d try anything in person he’s just a Facebook warrior all talk but I have good intell to suggest that he’ll not only be in Thailand within the next few weeks but actually in my home city here.  I’m not worried about it but just thought I’d ask just in case you never know especially when a guy like that has had a few too many beers.  It’s amazing how brave some people are behind the keyboard on the other side of the ocean, I made sure I kept the message I actually think he was probably drunk when typing it because the message is unintelligible.  I just replied “okay well when you get here you know where I live and next time call me” and I even gave him my phone number and blocked any further Facebook messages from him.  I’ll be traveling a lot over the next few weeks back and forth around Thailand anyway so I’m glad I have the surveillance cameras rolling 24/7.  

I actually installed the video cameras after some sick SOB deliberately poisoned 5 puppies I was taking care of off the street earlier this year.  I never did catch the individual who did it but if I ever find out who did that let’s just say I’m not gonna call the police on him, honestly it’s probably for the best that I didn’t find out because that’s not worth going to jail over and I don’t know what I would have done if anything.  If I had it on video I would have made sure that person would have gone to jail.  That was just a really horrible thing especially when it happened because it was obvious that they had been poisoned and they suffered and died and there was nothing I could do to save them.  I love animals and personally I think anyone who would do such a thing deserves to suffer, I hear they have some really strict laws here regarding that sort of thing regarding people deliberately harming animals.  That was the only time I’ve ever seen anyone do anything horrible in Thailand.  I actually think I know who did it but obviously I can’t accuse anyone without evidence.  It definitely was not any of my neighbors that I know of because the neighbors around my area all help take care of the stray dogs and seem to care about them as much as I do.  If I would’ve caught him in the act he would have had a really bad day.   

You got a 9mm?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Move. This is the reason I rent and don't buy a condo. You have a trump card, just go home. One of the reasons I came to Thailand was to avoid this sort of trauma. I have the use of a pick-up and a nice place to live. I own nothing here apart from 4 dogs, that was a mistake. Well, not own, I'm just emotionally invested. Still, if push comes to shove, as an old SO said to me, you're the hardest person I've known. The movie The Rover springs to mind.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:09 AM, ReMarKable said:

Mī khwām rạk means in love in Thai  - I guess it means the same as the western meaning of "in love."

Hmmm ????

I guess that to be "in love" (which is just a maybe romanticand or just only hormonal syptome) and "love" by the meaning of true & unconditional love are two very different things, isn't it?

What I experienced by myself & seen by so many other people around suggests that some kind real love (from Thai) can be messured only in $$$, but never in real love. Sure, many red sunglases using farang might try to convince me to the opposide, but: that's already some $$$ too late. ????????????

On 11/2/2018 at 12:14 PM, Issanjohn said:

Such as if another American citizen were to enter my property (front yard) with the intent of doing me harm?

In Thailand you're allowed to kill anyone on your property that you have denied entry.

How that would work out for a foreigner who isn't allowed to own property, I have no idea.

But I'm guessing your wife would be allowed to kill him.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

In Thailand you're allowed to kill anyone on your property that you have denied entry.

How that would work out for a foreigner who isn't allowed to own property, I have no idea.

But I'm guessing your wife would be allowed to kill him.

Thanks man so okay I’ll kill him and then take this message to my trial and then I should be legally cleared of murder lol.  I forgot I posted this I was on a very long road trip the day I sent this and I was also very tired that day from no sleep for two days.  

Edited by Issanjohn