Australia joins the UK and USA with withdrawal of income verification

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:

This can hardly come as a shock to anyone surely?

You'd need to be seriously pulling the wool over your eyes to avoid the truth of what's going on.

Regardless of what you think about your respective embassy, none of them are going to agree to move the responsibility of, essentially guaranteeing income from the individual to them, it would be insane.

You know you need to plan for what's the next move in this chess game.

Watch for the increase in the deposit requirements, I'd bet my house on it that is coming

yeah,yeah bake a pie eat a pie, more doom and gloom

5 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

The Australian government shouldn’t care if the Thai immigration accepts a stat dec or not. The problem I have is what right does the Australian government have to decide what I can and cannot make as a statutory declaration. Their job is to witness my signature that’s it they can not tell me what to declare or not. Next they will tell me what I am allowed to think.

I don’t use a stat dec for my visa but I do question the legality of the embassy's decision to unilaterally decide what content included in a statutory declaration is acceptable for them to witness. 

The Australian government doesn't care, they haven't made the decision to longer witness stat decs for income purposes, the Thais have made the decision not to accept them. Does it make sense for the Aussie embassy to witness and charge you for a stat dec that is worthless?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:

Not doom and gloom, just facing reality in the face. 

Sometimes that's the hardest pie to swallow!

Fear not army gone soon. Immigration back to normal. Farang welcomed again..Thais want farang not dirty Chinese. Prayut will learn this at elections 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

It seems very obvious to me. Any farang here that has no cash to deposit or not enough income is a liability, should they require hospital care, which is the biggest expense as we get older. The Thai govt does not wish to shoulder the burden as most staff in hospitals are of that Thai notion that all farangs arecrich 

There is NO NO NO free medical care in Thailand....Sure a few may beat the system if they are in a car accident or some thing and skip out,but they are a drop in the bucket.... I have no doubt 99.7% of farangs pay...

Hey if you can not pay in Thailand you die......NOTHING IS FREE HERE...NOTHING

• Like 1

Just now, Media1 said:

Fear not army gone soon. Immigration back to normal. Farang welcomed again..Thais want farang not dirty Chinese. Prayut will learn this at elections 

We wait with bated breath.

I hope you're right

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, garzhe said:

But the UK, US and Aus so far will not supply that. Whose idea was that. I dont think the embassy's.

It was the embassy own decision to stop supplying the income certificates.

TI did not force them to stop them issuing the certificates but required from them that the income certificates has to be proven to be correct.

Counties who verify the income (The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and others) are supplying the certificates which are accepted by TI as normal.

For PHUKET immigration.

If people from the US, Australia (and some others) have a valid income certificate (less then 6 months old) this can be used as long they are supplying the supported documents (Government pension) as described in the the several forums.

3 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

No, problem with this. As already known all 3 embassies state the same information. Put your monthly income in a Thai bank. Nothing wrong with that, because you live here and use the money here.

I am pretty sure Immigration will make clear that will be the way to go. Right now they are only a little bit happy to put some scare into easily scared people.

Everything wrong with that.I'm living here on yearly extensions,and who knows how long they let me extend.I still have a German address and a German bank account,if no money goes in the bank,bank will kick me out[Visa card gone,here I don't qualify for a credit card with 68000bt per month].Besides that with German bank my pension is on the last working day at 2pm in my German bank,with a thai bank my pension arives at 31st or 1st or 2nd or 3rd.,not reliableSo every months I  go to atm get money out and deposit it into a thai bank account.Every year I get a certified pension letter from German embassy or consulat.If you go there for the first time you need the original pension slip what is very difficult to forge,after that, copy is fine since pension is a monthly payment for life time they no need to check more.You should blame US,Brit, and other embassies who let their citizens telling them how much pension they have without a check.Also since pension is a life time payment I have no understanding why the immigration needs every year the same documents,They are either to stupid to save documents or they just want to bother us.As long I can't get a long term visa[10 or more years] I won't give up my German address

3 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Well you are not my brother. But you have been awarded pest of the year 

You're handing out awards? Probably make a good door stop, but didn't I read that my posts were beneath your contempt? Seems you can't get enough.

Edited by giddyup

I think this push by Thailand to get income letters approved by Western home governments and their obvious refusal to do so is part of a picture about alliances, it's an East versus West issue, which countries Thailand does want to align with and which ones they don't and the China/Thailand relationship is at the core. 

1 hour ago, totally thaied up said:

Driving home from the shops, the wife and I heard on the radio the local news. The radio jock told us in Thai 'no overstayers' are now on the computer system.

ZERO - I started laughing almost straight-a-way

They said a system was now being put in place for immigration. I gather they meant for overstay but it had immigration plastered all over it.

My wife looked at me and laughed. I then told her about our Australian issue.

She said, ''It's so obvious people want to keep big face and elections are coming'' Then so matter-a-factly, she just said, 'Just keep the 400K in the account. If it changes in the future, what can we do? We don't make the rules and they don't care about anyone. We worry about it when it happens."

Just so Thai. If it doesn't happen today, we can wait till tomorrow. So I think we might just have a bit of a wait on our hands to see what the outcome to all of this will be in changes overtime because this will in effect, take months to stream through. Like other posters have said; won't worry about this now until the fat lady sings and that at this stage won't be until next year or until a new Order of some sort comes out.

Army will not survive patients millions against them. Thais will celebrate on Pension Houses reshuffle. Please don't leave any empty watch box in draws Prawit

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The Australian government doesn't care, they haven't made the decision to longer witness stat decs for income purposes, the Thais have made the decision not to accept them. Does it make sense for the Aussie embassy to witness and charge you for a stat dec that is worthless?

Please show the link where it states that the Thai Immigration decision to not accept the Australian Statutory Declarations.

Or are you speaking a load of rubbish because there is no link to your claim.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Not doom and gloom, just facing reality in the face. 

Sometimes that's the hardest pie to swallow!

Let's just deal in facts, up to this point in time nothing has changed, they are even still accepting embassy letters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Let's just deal in facts, up to this point in time nothing has changed, they are even still accepting embassy letters.

So you can confirm that currently they are accepting stat decs for extensions of stay

Edited by Media1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Everything wrong with that.I'm living here on yearly extensions,and who knows how long they let me extend.I still have a German address and a German bank account,if no money goes in the bank,bank will kick me out[Visa card gone,here I don't qualify for a credit card with 68000bt per month].Besides that with German bank my pension is on the last working day at 2pm in my German bank,with a thai bank my pension arives at 31st or 1st or 2nd or 3rd.,not reliableSo every months I  go to atm get money out and deposit it into a thai bank account.Every year I get a certified pension letter from German embassy or consulat.If you go there for the first time you need the original pension slip what is very difficult to forge,after that, copy is fine since pension is a monthly payment for life time they no need to check more.You should blame US,Brit, and other embassies who let their citizens telling them how much pension they have without a check.Also since pension is a life time payment I have no understanding why the immigration needs every year the same documents,They are either to stupid to save documents or they just want to bother us.As long I can't get a long term visa[10 or more years] I won't give up my German address

Easy. It´s just going to be a intl. transfer from your german bank to a thai bank account about the 5th every month to be sure. Fail safe, right?

Also, you have no understanding? Just give them what they ask for. You have enough 68K, that´s great!

Edited by HappyAndRich
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Read post #1 and get with the program.

Post #1 does not say anything about the Thai Immigration not accepting the Australian Statutory Declaration. It clearly states that the Australian Embassy will not witness the statutory declaration because it cannot verify the income. So you need to learn to read and get with the program.

Just now, Media1 said:

So you can confirm that currently the are accepting stat devs for extensions of stay 

No idea about stat decs, the German embassy issues a letter certifying that I receive xxx amount according to my documents and say they will continue to do so, my IO says nothing has changed and they want this letter. Stat decs are still being accepted it's just that UK, US, AUS wont be issuing them any more, the IO hasn't said the will refuse them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Post #1 does not say anything about the Thai Immigration not accepting the Australian Statutory Declaration. It clearly states that the Australian Embassy will not witness the statutory declaration because it cannot verify the income. So you need to learn to read and get with the program.

AU government are violating citizens rights in the first place petition time

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I can verify my income on a government website. So there excuse is not good enough.

• Confused 1