Australia joins the UK and USA with withdrawal of income verification

48 minutes ago, JohnnyBD said:

The difference between 2.65% in Australia versus 2.50% on 800k in Thailand over a year's time is about 1,200 THB. Is that really enough to worry about?

I'm not worried about bank account interest rates at all. 0% or 2.65% or 2.50%... it's all peanuts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tropo said:

LOL> I can get 2.65% in Australia with a regular bank account handled online. I'm sure there's plenty higher if one searches the market. I suppose that's about a month's rent for the average expat on 800k (21200 baht). Then you'll save about 1700 for an income letter and a trip to Bangkok. 

LOL??? the Aussie-Dollar lost about 30% vs. Thai Baht in the last five years? for the arithmetically handicapped that's an average loss of 6% per annum. 

AUD THB 5Y.jpg

Edited by Naam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Naam said:

LOL??? the Aussie-Dollar lost about 30% vs. Thai Baht in the last five years? for the arithmetically handicapped that's an average loss of 6% per annum. 

AUD THB 5Y.jpg

To grasp the LOL you need to see the post I replied to.

"Money market earning 2.5%?  maybe in Zimbabwe. Even the highest earner in USA just reaches 2% and most go at 1.5%, approx.

Why dream of beefsteak when chicken wings are prevalent."

It's not mathematics you need to understand, but context. The LOL was in reply to the "Zimbabwe" and "beefsteak" and "chicken wings".

Now considering you had to shout (bold text) your last post about the loss of the AUD against THB in 5 years and even provide a bright yellow chart along with insults, let's address that...

It's all about perspective and how long you've been here...

I've been here for 13 years. Here's a 10-year AUD/THB chart that shows that I'm 7.30% better off today (23.80 close) than I was on Nov 22, 2008 (22.18 close).

939498114_AUDTHB-10year.jpg.dc0bc00f35d244540f7b419852910c59.jpg

Also, you'll note that even on your 5-year chart, for 80% (Feb 2015 to present date) of the time the exchange rate was ranging in a narrow band, and never much higher than it was today. The high rates you're showing from 5 years ago were correlated to the AUDUSD, which was an unusually high period considering the history of the currency pair. I'm sorry I couldn't paint the chart yellow, but I'll spare you the bold type.

3 hours ago, tropo said:

I'm sorry I couldn't paint the chart yellow, but I'll spare you the bold type.

i don't pain charts yellow. it's the website that insults you.

check with a mouse-click:

https://www.comdirect.de/inf/waehrungen/detail/chart.html?timeSpan=5Y&ID_NOTATION=8327735

as for the rest of your yada-yada, especially using the peak of the 2008 crisis for a comparison with the US-Dollar i consider my time too precious to comment in details and of course to avoid "insults".  :smile:

summary: facts are facts.

Edited by Naam

9 minutes ago, Naam said:

i don't pain charts yellow. it's the website that insults you.

check with a mouse-click:

https://www.comdirect.de/inf/waehrungen/detail/chart.html?timeSpan=5Y&ID_NOTATION=8327735

as for the rest of your yada-yada, especially using the peak of the 2008 crisis for a comparison with the US-Dollar i consider my time too precious to comment in details and of course to avoid "insults".  :smile:

summary: facts are facts.

Thanks, but I'm not interested in bright yellow charts. You spend a lot of time yada-yada'ing on here, so I doubt your time is as precious as you think it is...:smile::smile::smile:

In this case, you were just baiting by switching the subject and ignoring context.

Russell congratulations on making every thing simplistic .You have given all others Actual Notice of dealing direct with Australian not what Tom, Dick and Harry who had discussed this in the bar. By going to The Source you have been able to give Factual information by the governing body in plain Black and White. 

26 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I sent an email to the Australian Attorney General on Saturday 3rd November.

Sent: Saturday, 3 November 2018 5:51 PM
To: Statutory Declarations
Subject: Witnessing of signature

Can the only notoriety in the overseas country refuse to witness my signature on a Commonwealth of Australia Statutory Declaration?

I received a reply today

UNCLASSIFIED

Dear Mr 

Thank you for your enquiry of 3 November 2018 to the statutory declarations mailbox about whether a foreign notary can refuse to witness a statutory declaration.

The Attorney-General’s Department can provide general information, but not legal advice, about Commonwealth statutory declarations. This information can also be found on our website: www.ag.gov.au/statdec.

A notary (also known as a notary public or public notary) takes oaths, signs and witnesses documents for use within Australia. A notary also performs similar functions in respect of international documents. If you are outside Australia, a notary who has been appointed in Australia under their local state or territory legislation, or a notary who has been appointed overseas, exercising his or her functions at that place, is able to witness a Commonwealth statutory declaration.

The Statutory Declarations Act 1959 and the Statutory Declarations Regulations 2018 do not obligate authorised witnesses, including notaries, to witness statutory declarations.

I hope this information is of assistance.

Sincerely

Commonwealth Statutory Declarations mailbox

Attorney-General's Department | Australian Government

3-5 National Circuit | Barton ACT 2600

E [email protected] | W www.ag.gov.au/statdec

Legally this means that the Australian Embassy DO NOT have to witness you sign a Statutory Declaration

At least that clears some things up.

If I remember correctly, there were quite a few posters saying "the embassy had to witness stat decs".

• Like 1