What to do about local motorcycle gang

tom in bangkok

There is a gang of people who ride their motorcycles up and down a 200m stretch of Sukhumvit around Samrong every weekend for the last 5-6 months. They ride between 1 and 3 AM and have had their bikes modified to make the loudest noise possible. I've called the police multiple times when it wakes me up, and every time the police have advised that many people have called about it already and that they are on their way.

Police used to arrive with their sirens on within 30-45 minutes, and the group would disperse, but over the last 2 months no police have come to the scene to do something. Tonight I counted thirty motorcycles. Thirty!

Is there anything I can do to stop this group from waking me up in the very early mornings on weekends?

• Haha 1

well, they are just stiupid kids striving for attention. Deal with it. Not being harsh but it could be worse. They arent ransacking your house, and shooting up your house.

< off topic removed>

in your case i suggest not bothering and feel humble knowing atleast you know what they are doing

They're 'speeding up and down' because they can... This won't change, they don't fear the police or fines.

The only thing to do is somehow alter their enjoyment of this event so they go else where. 

The simple solution is 'speed bumps'...  of course, implication isn't so simple.

Might lobbying local government to install 'rumble strips' have any effect? Social media may help but realistically, if its driving you mad, as others have written moving is the only real option to avoid madness and maintain your sanity. 

Then of course you have to move to an area which does not have a 'fast length of road', is not near a temple, does not have a load of street dogs and is not next to neighbors who thing it ok to rear chickens in the back yard !!!

• Like 1

It use to happen where I live (saphan taksin) until police set up check points at nights almost every day. But was living with the noise for almost 2 years. So there is really nothing you can do about it unless you film and post your encounter online to try to shame the police, but that either will back fire at your or will get police to do something about it in order to not loose face.

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Since you already up see if you can get a photo. Place it here on ThaiVisa and send it to the Bangkok Post with your comments. Believe me, they are watching here and don't like to be embarrassed.

great idea,  since they are watching here thy will be up to date

The backfire sound of motorcycles should be enough to mask or better mixed with the sounds of your gunfire ... response a bit virulent but its effectiveness is guaranteed.:tongue:

1486034801_shotgun.jpeg.ff9420b121d62ebb7b74441407fafcab.jpeg

Edited by Tchooptip
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

well, they are just stiupid kids striving for attention. Deal with it. Not being harsh but it could be worse. They arent ransacking your house, and shooting up your house.

i had bullets fired over my head on saturday morning and police came out to get me! like its my fault. Where i live like many other places corruption is out of control, residents and typically the less educated hold official positions and thinknthey own and run everything and the fact is they do becaus emorlst people are cowardly to stand up. My family is harassed indefinately by them and neighbours many of which have no legal right to live where they are but it doesnt matter because they are thai and can lie and everybody jumps to attention. Weve been calling police for almost 4years and they only ever come out for me especially when i havent done anything wrong because soemone else has made a false complaint. All this is because my wife complained about some illegal activity. Seems its only the crime thats protected where i am and not the innocent people. Weve chosen to fight so it will be a big tv story one of these days.

in your case i suggest not bothering and feel humble knowing atleast you know what they are doing

Sounds like you are living in usa....

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

i had bullets fired over my head on saturday morning and police came out to get me! like its my fault. Where i live like many other places corruption is out of control, residents and typically the less educated hold official positions and thinknthey own and run everything and the fact is they do becaus emorlst people are cowardly to stand up. My family is harassed indefinately by them and neighbours many of which have no legal right to live where they are but it doesnt matter because they are thai and can lie and everybody jumps to attention. Weve been calling police for almost 4years and they only ever come out for me especially when i havent done anything wrong because soemone else has made a false complaint. All this is because my wife complained about some illegal activity. Seems its only the crime thats protected where i am and not the innocent people. Weve chosen to fight so it will be a big tv story one of these days.

Dude -  you are stuffed for sure. Get out of Thailand. From the facts you state, it seems only a matter of time before your mistreatment escalates to bodily harm. You're being shot at and parading around like it's a badge of honor. We only get one life, don't forfeit yours to charging the windmill of Thai corruption.

Edited by SuperTed

????

It is not a matter of up to date, it is about being embarrassed that seems to be the only time they react? The reason ThaiVisa have a moderator to make sure you say nothing about HM and family, the same reason maybe Immigration officer all of a sudden started to doubt the verification of income letters being given to Expats?  They don't always have their head in the sand now that would be bashing them?

Edited by thailand49

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

They're 'speeding up and down' because they can... This won't change, they don't fear the police or fines.

The only thing to do is somehow alter their enjoyment of this event so they go else where. 

The simple solution is 'speed bumps'...  of course, implication isn't so simple.

Might lobbying local government to install 'rumble strips' have any effect? Social media may help but realistically, if its driving you mad, as others have written moving is the only real option to avoid madness and maintain your sanity. 

Then of course you have to move to an area which does not have a 'fast length of road', is not near a temple, does not have a load of street dogs and is not next to neighbors who thing it ok to rear chickens in the back yard !!!

Sounds like your suggesting  OP  moves to Antarctica